St.Johnstone V Hibernian - Saturday 16th December

SaintJet

We're playing with much more confidence than the start of the season.

Good, forward progression style passing, from the midfielders in particular.

Fran doesn't look out of place, the opposite in fact, very confident.

If we had a decent frontline, we'd be a half decent side.

Just now, pezza70 said:

Yes great result a big 3 points well done the lads.

The points dropped last week are massive but the results today have been almost perfect for us on the table 

That’s what I was thinking 🤔 only the scum let us down with a winner 7 minutes into time added on, almost perfect run of other results for us 

People will focus on the poor Hibs performance, but that was very accomplished from us.

Apart from a few nervy moments in the last few minutes, I never really felt we were under pressure at any time, and seemed to be in total control of the game.

I also felt we had another gear to move up if needed.

They seemed to have learnt from last week and there was no dropping back and defending deep.

What a difference a few months can make.

13 minutes ago, bluesaint said:

That’s what I was thinking 🤔 only the scum let us down with a winner 7 minutes into time added on, almost perfect run of other results for us 

I'm quite happy with the Dundee win, it allowed us to leapfrog County. We'll catch the Dee, don't worry. One step at a time though.

Easier than I thought it would be and really should have been more.

Some really good displays, nice to see Gordon just do the basics well and not launch too many passes to nowhere. Phillips and Smith very good in midfield, Max and Fran putting in good performances....Fran in particular being out of position.

Up front well how do I say this nicely.....DJ has an economy of effort up front. Despite that it was noticeable how much further back we seemed to go once he was off and replaced by Kane.

Great result. Everyone played their part but think Jaiysimi isn't a lone striker.

Rode our luck in defence a few times and got the break of the ball which I think we were due.

Defence were immense. Fran and Max worked well together. Smith and Phillips controlled midfield but wish Dan wouldn't take so many chances.

Gallagher gets better every game and linked well with Robinson who hopefully stays til end of season.

Carey was different class but just wish he would put his boot through the ball more often.

Should have been 3 or 4 nil but mustn't be greedy.

From hardly winning a game at home we have become fortress McDiarmid.

Fantastic result and a performance to match by the sounds of it!  3 points behind the Dee, and they have had an excellent season so far!  Haven't they? all about perception.  😉  Been a while since you lot have dared to look up the table, enjoy yer sweet, sweet beer tonight. 

53 minutes ago, Smarmy Arab said:

Fantastic result and a performance to match by the sounds of it!  3 points behind the Dee, and they have had an excellent season so far!  Haven't they? all about perception.  😉  Been a while since you lot have dared to look up the table, enjoy yer sweet, sweet beer tonight. 

Not a great result for you today SA.Mind you any time I've watched Raith they've looked pretty good

I think what pleased me the most today was the clear and obvious team spirit that Levein and Kirk have brought to the team. Those players look like a team now- they fight for each other and are willing to push each other on. I often think one of the signs of a good team is being willing to demand more from each other on the pitch.

As an example seeing Gallagher have the confidence to call out Robinson for a poor decision in the first half was pleasing or Carey clearly calling Gordon out on a ball he wanted played in the first half. Good team mates should demand higher standards from each other.

We deserved the three points. Superb debut from the young lad today. Carey, Phillips, Smith and Max all putting in great performances. The level of McGowan since he has come back, has made Maccas decision to freeze him out look rather daft.

Having two central midfielders in Phillips and Smith that are happy with the ball into their feet makes a huge difference in our ability to control the game.

Fantastic result.

Great to see that Fran played well on his full debut on all reports and out of position too.

Will be interesting too see if he is selected to play at Ipox midweek or will they put him on ice till he has in him to play a full 90 mins at this level.

It’s a half glass decision I reckon do they play him out of position and they risk them tearing him apart and maybe denting his confidence or do they throw him out there banking on his youthful exuberance and not to be overawed on playing against them in front of a good crowd too?