Celtic V St.Johnstone - Saturday 16th March

SaintJet

I can't recall a season where we have been so unlucky with the way the fixtures have fallen for us as they have. Just when we got back on tracks with a great win in Aberdeen and a good fighting draw with LIvi we have a free weekend because of the cup and then follow that with a trip to Parkhead before another free week with the International week. It's all been stop start and we just can't get any momentum.

A trip to vist Celtic where in the corresponding figure early in the season Macca achieved his only positive result whilst in charge a 0-0 reargaurd. We carried a lot of luck that day and Mitov was outstanding. We'll need that same endeavour on Saturday.

Recent games have shown that Celtic are nervous and if you put them under pressure the crowd react negativley. I hope Levein is brave enough to start two strikers - I think Kimps and Clark might start and Sid could play a big part if we are still in this game late.

We must be level at half time to stand a chance.

4 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I can't recall a season where we have been so unlucky with the way the fixtures have fallen for us as they have. Just when we got back on tracks with a great win in Aberdeen and a good fighting draw with LIvi we have a free weekend because of the cup and then follow that with a trip to Parkhead before another free week with the International week. It's all been stop start and we just can't get any momentum.

A trip to vist Celtic where in the corresponding figure early in the season Macca achieved his only positive result whilst in charge a 0-0 reargaurd. We carried a lot of luck that day and Mitov was outstanding. We'll need that same endeavour on Saturday.

Recent games have shown that Celtic are nervous and if you put them under pressure the crowd react negativley. I hope Levein is brave enough to start two strikers - I think Kimps and Clark might start and Sid could play a big part if we are still in this game late.

We must be level at half time to stand a chance.

Excuse me? 🤣

They are there to be hurt, not the team of last season.  So get right in aboot thum, which means Avril and Captain Kirk will play 5 5 0 or 4 6 0 , just to be on the safe side. 

21 hours ago, SaintJet said:

I hope Levein is brave enough to start two strikers - I think Kimps and Clark might start and Sid could play a big part if we are still in this game late.

I think there's a good chance Kimpioka and Clark will start, but if it's anything like the Livingston game Clark will essentially be playing as a midfielder.

TBH I'm fine with going 4-5-1 in games like this, especially when the one up front has Kimpioka's pace.

As always, it's the wide areas that are a worry for me. Presumably Carey replaces DJ and Matt Smith continues wide right, but I don't think either of those players are particularly suited to those roles.

Enjoyed Considine hobbling back into position, while everyone else sprinted, leaving a massive empty space in the box, then having the cheek to blame Robinson for it when he'd started the entire move 5 yards behind Considine.

Just now, RandomGuy said:

Enjoyed Considine hobbling back into position, while everyone else sprinted, leaving a massive empty space in the box, then having the cheek to blame Robinson for it when he'd started the entire move 5 yards behind Considine.

If he was a race horse head get a bullet to put him and us out of our misery.

1 minute ago, The Kinross Saint said:

We’re getting the play off we deserve. Rotten, gutless football.

Starting football matches with Andy Considine at the heart of your defence is only going to end one way.

Levein must really not rate Sam McClelland. Being able to actually run surely puts him ahead of Considine.

One day Luke Robinson is going to snap and punch Carey’s puss with the amount of whinging and criticising he does of him. Ricky Foster would have knocked his block off by now. 

1 minute ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Starting football matches with Andy Considine at the heart of your defence is only going to end one way.

Levein must really not rate Sam McClelland. Being able to actually run surely puts him ahead of Considine.

One day Luke Robinson is going to snap and punch Carey’s puss with the amount of whinging and criticising he does of him. Ricky Foster would have knocked his block off by now. 

The grim thing for me is how unlikable this team is. I can hand on heart say the only player I’d be sad to say go is Mitov. He’s the only player who demonstrates anything like a St Johnstone player from our successful decade.

12 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Enjoyed him not getting a simple pass and us losing the ball, just to see him twirling around jumping up and down stamping his feet like a literal child while Celtic pressed onto our defence.

Theres so few players in this squad who'll be able to cope with any sort of high intensity play off game.