Aberdeen v St.Johnstone - Saturday 4th May

Our third visit to Aberdeen this season and this one is crucial.

After a pretty damning performance at home to Hibs last week the team have a chance to redeem themselves and try to keep some daylight between them and Ross.

Got to assume there will be some changes this week and pretty Sure Kimpionka is starting up front and I won't be surprised to see Steve May start as well.

Dons don't have a lot to play for so not sure what kind of performance we might see from them.

Just win, please.

We need to be bold and get on the front foot.  Their defence is vulnerable.   

Mitov

Keltijens, McGowan, Olufunwa, Robinson

Phillips

Wright/Franczak, M Smith, 

May,

Sidibeh, Kimpioka 

I think Gordon, Considine need rested.  May's energy could revitalise the midfield and he has the ability to see a pass which is important.  The pace of the front two will scare the defenders.    Robinson could be left midfield if we stayed at a three with Phillips protecting them.  McGowan has shown he can help youngsters through a game.  

Much depends on fitness.  Clark is a box player not a number 10.  Crawford a late substitute for his goals.  DJ if fit is an option. 

Defending for 90 minutes isn't.   

Do I expect a team like this?  No.  It will be last week's as we know the performance was wonderful, there wasn't any player who failed to pass or shoot or defend.  

We really need players on the pitch who won't hide as soon as things are going against us. Personally I wouldn't have either Smith or Max near this starting line-up.

Would love to see four at the back but that appears to be fantasy.

Mitov

Keltjens - Gordon - Considine - Robinson

Wright - Phillips - McGowen - Carey

Sidibeh - Kimpioka 

Edited by The Kinross Saint

Levein says we're going to "go up there and have a go", so 5-4-1 incoming. 🙃

I'd love to see us start Sidibeh and Kimpioka together but is Sidibeh a doubt for this one? If he is I'd play Kimpioka with May. Would love to get Wright and DJ on the wings but Wright didn't look fit when he came on last weekend and DJ didn't even make the bench so I'd be wary of starting them here unless they're really firing on all cylinders, which seems unlikely.

Franczak had a really tough game against Hibs but (if Wright's still not ready) I'd like to see him with Keltjens behind him, to give him more support down that side and allow him to concentrate more on getting forward.

I'd keep Matt Smith in the team but we need to get back to playing him in central midfield and stop shifting him about. I still think Smith's ability to pick out a through-ball are our best chance of sending Sidibeh/Kimpioka through on goal. If Smith doesn't start, the only option I can see taking his place is MacPherson.

I'd probably go:

_________________Mitov

Keltjens McGowan Gordon Robinson

Franczak* Phillips M. Smith Carey**

_________Sidibeh*** Kimpioka

*Wright if fit
**DJ if fit
***May if Sidibeh's injured.

9 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

I’m hoping the players are thinking new owners we bet of pull our fingers out and try to impress them especially the ones off contract 

I don't think it is down to lack of effort or even ability.

It's obviously tactics and the players are frightened to show any type of flair or individually.

There is no way Levein is going to release the shackles . It's not in his DNA. Even when he had a reasonable record at United I am sure it wasn't open football.

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

I don't think it is down to lack of effort or even ability.

It's obviously tactics and the players are frightened to show any type of flair or individually.

There is no way Levein is going to release the shackles . It's not in his DNA. Even when he had a reasonable record at United I am sure it wasn't open football.

Of Christ Cagey will you give in!

Just for an experiment try posting; "I think this is type of game CL thrives on and  I think we have a wee chance this week."

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Can't see a big support going up there tomorrow. My least favourite away trip; crap view, treated like cow dung and the weather is rubbish.

At least we are no treated like sheep dip. They’d try to shag ye 

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

Can't see a big support going up there tomorrow. My least favourite away trip; crap view, treated like cow dung and the weather is rubbish.

I’m here already, glorious day 

Here we go again with folks guessing the team . Might as well go for this as this lot may be better than the current piss we have 

Ludvic Roy

Alan Mayburry , Derrick Addison. Ian Maxwell , Effe Ambrose, 

JPMcbride, Liam Caddis ,Liam Dunne ( anything better than the current Liam)

John Davies .Peter Davenport,Marcus Haber , Andy Jackson. 

Subs- Kudous Oyenuga, Chris Iwelumo,Bennito Kemble,  And this lot were !!!!

23 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Robinson finally cracked and punched Carey’s greeting puss!?!?

I’ll do it myself if he tries to nutmeg an Aberdeen player in our own third again.

Apparently Robinson has an injury and won't play for us again.