Dundee v St.Johnstone

SaintJet

Too many one paced plodders all over the park.We badly need more energy and creativity, their front 4 were full of movement and invention, Harkins and McGowan strolled through the game, and we never got near their passing game,giving the ball away too easily.Major reconstruction needed in the summer,with creativity and pace at the forefront of requirements.

I think if you read the quotes they said overhaul in the summer and we could still sign free agents

Im on about the Summer. Only Anderson Craig and Lappin are out of contract now. Nobodies leaving so we'll be lucky to sign two players. An overhaul isnt going to happen.

All the free agents currently available are ****ing rancid. 

We seem to lack the interplay of teams like Dundee & Ross County and have no drive from midfield.

Muzz puts everything into it and throws himself into tackles all over the park. We need youth in that midfield though. The amount of times we take the sting out of an attacking situation is scary through a pass behind our own player or nobody creating space to receive a pass

That was utterly depressing tonight

We seem to lack the interplay of teams like Dundee & Ross County and have no drive from midfield.

Muzz puts everything into it and throws himself into tackles all over the park. We need youth in that midfield though. The amount of times we take the sting out of an attacking situation is scary through a pass behind our own player or nobody creating space to receive a pass

That was utterly depressing tonight

Agree with you there. It kills me when teams such as Hibs can produce great youth players like Cummins (who ruined our defence 2 weeks ago) just by giving them game time. Dundee United and Hearts both played John Suttar in defence, and what the highlights showed against Ross County, the 19 year old did well. Just shows you that if you give youth a chance they can freshen up the squad a bit. I remember when Stevie May was only 18 or so and he got a start against Hamilton not long after we got promoted, scored 2 goals in quick succession, and went on to be a pivotal player for us. Meanwhile we have older players on the park who are slowly showing their age and experience on the park, yet we have young George Hunter and Kyle Lander not even getting into the squad to be giving a chance, and their coming up for 20! What is the average age of our first team compared to the rest of the league, must be higher?

Edited by Wee Mental Davie

Watching that game was like being punched in the balls by the wife....full of expectation and happiness that she is down in that area then a sudden feeling of being in accute pain, then feeling very sick and then the feeling of betrayal by the one I love.

i feel worse for the fans that attended, or bought bt sport subscription for a month just for the game. 

I know now people won't agree but maybe we just need a wee freshen up....like a new manager, new backbone to the team etc...tw has been a legend but it all feels a bit stale.

Im on about the Summer. Only Anderson Craig and Lappin are out of contract now. Nobodies leaving so we'll be lucky to sign two players. An overhaul isnt going to happen.

All the free agents currently available are ****ing rancid. 

I'd let all three of them go, so that's three places freed up,for new signings, plus we've got to hope some youngsters will come back from loans and be able to be in squad

I am sorry to have to say this but...Saints were spineless, gutless and bereft of ideas. We lacked any leaders on or off the park tonight. We looked sluggish, rudderless and unmotivated. Make no mistake, we are in free fall and if it is not addressed soon, we are going to find ourselves heading towards deep shite. Normally I would try to find some positives but there was NOTHING out there. Some players were worse than others but it's a team game and only a team effort is going to get Saints out of this awful slump.. I could go on, but I won't.

Watching that game was like being punched in the balls by the wife....full of expectation and happiness that she is down in that area then a sudden feeling of being in accute pain, then feeling very sick and then the feeling of betrayal by the one I love.

i feel worse for the fans that attended, or bought bt sport subscription for a month just for the game. 

I know now people won't agree but maybe we just need a wee freshen up....like a new manager, new backbone to the team etc...tw has been a legend but it all feels a bit stale.

As much as I love Tommy he doesn't have the same energy and enthusiasm as what Steve Lomas had. Could be doing with someone who is young and passionate to spur on the squad, but I still have faith in Tommy. Just hope he isn't afraid to make big changes like he said he would earlier on in the season during interviews.

As much as I love Tommy he doesn't have the same energy and enthusiasm as what Steve Lomas had. Could be doing with someone who is young and passionate to spur on the squad, but I still have faith in Tommy. Just hope he isn't afraid to make big changes like he said he would earlier on in the season during interviews.

Change who though? 

The stamp on Anderson by O'Dea was 100% intentional btw. Ho looks down before doing it and then plays the apologetic card.

Filthy b******

Yeah but he is abig honest pro & he said he didnt mean it then it is good enouhh for the summerisers so no need for compliance officer to look at it.

I'd let all three of them go, so that's three places freed up,for new signings, plus we've got to hope some youngsters will come back from loans and be able to be in squad

Andersons deal will be extended once he reaches a certain amount of games. He won't release both Lappin and Craig either. Which means we'll get two signings at most. 

Yeah but he is abig honest pro & he said he didnt mean it then it is good enouhh for the summerisers so no need for compliance officer to look at it.

I always judge a situation by the way Saints would be treated, and sad to say if that had been  Saints player he would have been off plain & simple.

The same with the foul on Cummins if a Saints had done that it would have been a penalty end of.. 

Saints are too honest! It's time we 'manned up' stop being the good guys, sometimes I think the reason we get shafted is because we allow ourselves to be! 

If there is ever a time we should get behind the team it's now..

Don't be hard on TW, two seasons in a row he has watched his star striker being flogged off to any bidder... How demoralising it must be for him! Be careful what you wish for, goodness knows who we could end up with! 

Tommy is a rare commodity in this game ... We are lucky to have him! 

ok change what players. Who can he bring into the starting 11 that hasn't already tried and failed to halt our slump? 

His problem is the fact he has an underperforming player he trusts (Wotherspoon, Mannus, MacLean), and a performing player he doesnt (Thomson, Clark, Kane), and he'll always, always revert back to those he trusts once their fit. The untrusted players never get a proper run in the side to actually prove themselves. One start every month and the odd ten minutes here and there is just pointless.

I always judge a situation by the way Saints would be treated, and sad to say if that had been  Saints player he would have been off plain & simple.

The same with the foul on Cummins if a Saints had done that it would have been a penalty end of.. 

Saints are too honest! It's time we 'manned up' stop being the good guys, sometimes I think the reason we get shafted is because we allow ourselves to be! 

If there is ever a time we should get behind the team it's now..

Don't be hard on TW, two seasons in a row he has watched his star striker being flogged off to any bidder... How demoralising it must be for him! Be careful what you wish for, goodness knows who we could end up with! 

Tommy is a rare commodity in this game ... We are lucky to have him! 

the annoying thing is you are probably right but I get bored easily.....get someone else in to make my weekends less predictable 

That was p!!h.  I cared enough to take a days leave to go and watch that performance.  Players got worse and worse through the the game.  Earlier in this run we looked to try and get something from the games we seemed to surrender after the second one went in.  It is awful when the guy on loan looks as if he cares more than some of our regulars.

That was p!!h.  I cared enough to take a days leave to go and watch that performance.  Players got worse and worse through the the game.  Earlier in this run we looked to try and get something from the games we seemed to surrender after the second one went in.  It is awful when the guy on loan looks as if he cares more than some of our regulars.

sorry for above if you cannot make sense of it but I am in rant mode.