Player contracts and transfers

David123

24 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

It’s an odd one. From his social media, it seemed like things were going really well out there. 

Seems to be a recurring theme he starts great guns and then after six months he stalls and seems to get bored and looks to move on. Personally think the way forward would be looking at someone like the young guy Nesbit at the pars who is on fire and probably has more goals in him, could offer Kane as part of a deal. Also get Hendry signed up again although going by the rumours appears to be stalling.

Where are people getting information that he has gone?

The P&J has an article which is three hours old which says:

"Asked whether there was any indication St Johnstone may look to take McCart earlier, Robertson said: “Not at the moment. But given Saturday’s performance, maybe that’ll be a decision for us to say he’s not going. He’s a contracted Inverness player and maybe he’s required for us rather than them.”"

"“We’re not looking to do anything,” added Robertson. “I’ve got more than enough faith in the players that are here. But one or two boys let themselves down on Saturday, so one or two boys might not be getting away from the club as quick as they realise.”"

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1979303/caley-thistle-boss-john-robertson-reluctant-to-let-jamie-mccart-leave-for-st-johnstone-this-month/

Edited by garydavidson

2 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Where are people getting information that he has gone?

The P&J has an article which is three hours old which says:

"Asked whether there was any indication St Johnstone may look to take McCart earlier, Robertson said: “Not at the moment. But given Saturday’s performance, maybe that’ll be a decision for us to say he’s not going. He’s a contracted Inverness player and maybe he’s required for us rather than them.”"

"“We’re not looking to do anything,” added Robertson. “I’ve got more than enough faith in the players that are here. But one or two boys let themselves down on Saturday, so one or two boys might not be getting away from the club as quick as they realise.”"

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/inverness-caledonian-thistle/1979303/caley-thistle-boss-john-robertson-reluctant-to-let-jamie-mccart-leave-for-st-johnstone-this-month/

Daily Record "exclusive" last night.

They get it from Scott Burns who was first to reveal the McCart PCA, and every stage of the Kennedy saga.

If the choice is between Macca or Watt, I'd have Macca any day of the week. (I really hope these aren't our only two targets!)

I thought Watt was poor when he was here, and we have other similar strikers already. If we are sticking with the wing backs, a striker could do well with the deliveries from Tanser and Wright. Plus decent passers in midfield...a striker that actually stays in/around the six yard box is whats needed.

Personally I'd be pretty happy with either Macca or Watt - although I wouldn't want Hendry slipping further down the pecking order to either one.

Nisbet at Dunfermline (purely based on the number of goals he's scored, as I haven't seen him play) certainly seems like the sort of player Saints should be going in for - it's hard to see us being able to fight off competition from other Premiership clubs for a player like that, but sometimes I get the impression that because of that we don't even try.

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Personally I'd be pretty happy with either Macca or Watt - although I wouldn't want Hendry slipping further down the pecking order to either one.

Nisbet at Dunfermline (purely based on the number of goals he's scored, as I haven't seen him play) certainly seems like the sort of player Saints should be going in for - it's hard to see us being able to fight off competition from other Premiership clubs for a player like that, but sometimes I get the impression that because of that we don't even try.

I'd imagine Dunfermline would look for over £100k for him just now. Dont think we can afford to spend that on a, relatively, unproven striker just now.

3 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

You see, here again, complete conjecture on your part; everyone seems to be an expert about how we operate without knowing anything concrete. 

I have every confidence that we will have realistic targets commensurate with our budget and these players are actively being persued. We will have someone in by the end of the week and McCart realeased by Calley. 

20 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

BBC has English Championship clubs interested in Nisbet so I can't imagine we will be anywhere near that.