McInnes

Superjack

The same can also be said of Keith Millen his predecessor. Took over from Coppell's mess and kept us up comfortably in the end. Then we started last season off dominating games but failing to get results, and Del came in replicating what hapenned the season before. Now we have to hope lightning strikes three times, but I've already accepted relegation.

I'm actually quite upset to see Del leave, he's a very likeable guy, and like I said we all wanted him to do well it just didn't work out which is a great shame.

So you keep getting rid of managers after a bad start? What was Einstein said is a sign of madness? Keep doing the same thing but expecting a different outcome I believe it was.

So you keep getting rid of managers after a bad start? What was Einstein said is a sign of madness? Keep doing the same thing but expecting a different outcome I believe it was.

I wasn't asking for Del to be sacked, although to be fair many were. It's hard to explain if you don't watch our games yourself though, we've gradually looked worse and worse as time has progressed, Del has recently made some baffling tactical decisions. I think the pressure simply got to him to be honest. Like I've already said, I don't think he's a bad manager at all and am sorry he was sacked.

Just take a look at the fixture list though, it's not very appealing to the eye for City fans, so I understand the frustrations. http://www.bcfc.co.uk/fixtures-results/fixtures-list/

We're also the only team in the football league not to keep a clean sheet (or even look like keeping one).

Notice the wording on the Bristol site is very similar to that of the SFA when Levein went, Not sacked but "releied of his duties" otherwise put on gardening leave and if he wants to depart for a new post he will have to resign.

Levein for Bristol perhaps given that he has resogned from the SFA,

seriously not surprised at the sacking. The step up come too quick for him. Del should have declined the appointment as it was always the wrong team to sign for. Hope del makes a quick return as everyone likes him but if needs time to learn.. Destined to be a great manager if he makes the right career choices. Pity it has ended in the manner at a small team in England. He should have waited his time!

I'll tell you what a sign of madness is...

...constantly changing formation, tactics, personnel and generally tinkering (for tinkering read "dismantling") EVERY SINGLE GAME, even after the rarest decent performance or even rarer win/draw.

This is why I have no sympathy for Del. I have never seen a manager so embarrassingly out of his depth before.

It IS a shame though... as some of my fellow reds have stated, he does seem to be a genuinely nice guy. For this I wish him well in the future.

This will serve as a big lesson to mcinnes. Let's be honest, City were in big trouble when he arrived and it takes experience to get you out of trouble. He should have waited for a better club to come along where he could learn the English game with a bit of time on his side. It's not easy to walk into a club to tear it apart, reduce wages, get rid of problem players, build a new squad you can trust whilst fighting relegation and the fans unrealistic expectations. His biggest mistake was saving them from relegation. He'd still have a job now with more time to fix the mess he inherited.

City will get Di Canio as the next manager.

My favourite option but he wouldn't come to us in our current state, Swindon are far more likely to be playing in the Championship next year sadly. I'd like O'Driscoll but I think we're down whoever we appoint.

I think Del will end up back at Saints, and I'm sure both parties will benefit from it. Best of luck to you guys in the future.