Lomas Tenure Up?

St Mikey

If there is no case to answer, I'd love to see a statement from the club and/or Lomas along the lines of

'There is no truth whatsoever in the accusation of sexual harassment made by the Daily Record and we will be seeking legal advice on this matter, no further comment will be made on this subject'

More succulent lamb journalism

The Record aren't making an allegation of sexual harassment. They are reporting that an allegation of sexual harassment has been made by a former employee of the club and that a tribunal could hear the case. That is 100% true. There is nothing incorrect in the Record story. Whether or not the allegation made by said former employee is true is another issue entirely, and it could be the source of more bad headlines further down the line.

The Record aren't making an allegation of sexual harassment. They are reporting that an allegation of sexual harassment has been made by a former employee of the club and that a tribunal could hear the case. That is 100% true. There is nothing incorrect in the Record story. Whether or not the allegation made by said former employee is true is another issue entirely, and it could be the source of more bad headlines further down the line.

So is the tribunal as a result of sexual harassment or stress? Some say one thing, some say the other.

And the longer it goes with no comment from the club, the more damaging it becomes, as far as I'm concerned.

And can you elaborate on the possibilty of further bad headlines further down the line?

The tribunal is to determine whether Ms Dunn has been constructively or unfairly dismissed, I'm not clear on which of the two, as an ultimate result of the alleged sexual harrassment by Mr Lomas i.e. the club's alleged failure to deal with the matter.

Constructive dismissal is when you decide to leave as you view your continued employment is impossible for you to deal with. Unfair dismissal is obviously when you get punted by the employer and you think it's unfair.

This is very similar to an account of the situation I heard from a very good source last night

Ive been telling anyone that would listen that i thought this was crap,and and after yesterday's rubbish in the Record i stand by that sentiment.I!innocent until proven Guilty.

Maybe witch hunt is a bit strong but i think it suits some folks Agenda just now with the team Struggling.

Looks like the truth will be out soon though then we will see where we stand

Ive been telling anyone that would listen that i thought this was crap,and and after yesterday's rubbish in the Record i stand by that sentiment.I!innocent until proven Guilty.

Maybe witch hunt is a bit strong but i think it suits some folks Agenda just now with the team Struggling.

Looks like the truth will be out soon though then we will see where we stand

We are just all so used to ignoring you :cool:

Wrongful dismissal is where the claim is the company breached their employment contract. Unfair dismissal is where the law on employment has been broken. If its wrongful, you can have a day in court, as well as a tribunal.

Constructive dismissal is where you quit and claim. Very hard to prove and win. It leads you to an unfair dismissal scenario.

If you can prove aggregating factors, the compensation can be higher (sex, race, religion etc)

St Johnstone are coming out of this looking awful. An employee who makes a serious allegation against another employee is relieved of her job. But the alleged perpetrator continues in their post. How does that work?

Where dows it say she was relieved of her job? She was put on gardening leave pending an enquiry and has since left.

Where dows it say she was relieved of her job? She was put on gardening leave pending an enquiry and has since left.

Doesnt really say anything at all.

2 sides to this and no one knows what the outcome will be -we all seem to be jumping on the bandwagon and being "Judge and Jury".

Lets await the decison and see what the club adds after it.

In most cases its none of anyones beeswax what has happened or not happened. Customers would not demand to know anything at a local Tesco store.

As we have seen with Rangers and sevco, football clubs differ as there is a lot of passion from the customers and commitment financially and emotionally.

The rumours and chat have been everywhere and the club and SL representatives obviously know this with the threats to forums over content that has been posted.

You cant have it both ways, if the fans opinions and voice is important enough you want to sensor it, why are they not important enough to make a statement to and control the conjecture?

Yes, it is obviously a difficult situation and there is no need for any specifics that might implicate or inflame a situation, but the silence and attempt at censorship has been ill advised as it has fuelled the rumour mill.