Understanding Rowan Vine

Dave Ferg

Been a few comments on here over the last year about playing Liam on the right and a right footed player on the left. Certainly paid diidends last night.

Liam from the right doesn't do it though....he just turns back to face his own goal. When has Liam on the right ever really worked? And i'm not talking about an okay performance like last night

Liam from the right doesn't do it though....he just turns back to face his own goal. When has Liam on the right ever really worked? And i'm not talking about an okay performance like last night

If he is going to lose the ball and there is no option why not pass it back. You seem to have a hatred for [passing the ball back. Retaining posession is the most important aspect of the game.

If he is going to lose the ball and there is no option why not pass it back. You seem to have a hatred for [passing the ball back. Retaining posession is the most important aspect of the game.

Wrong....I have already said that I like Cregg and mentioned that his first touch is often back as it gives him space. One of the things I tell my son's under 10 team is to not think that the ball always has to go forward. I just think that Liam on the right doesn't work, and I think that is evidenced every time he plays there.

You are rowan vine, my only rowan vine,

You make me happy on Saturdays,

You never knew how much I love you,

So please don't take our rowan away

Me and Ben change the wrds to Sally Maclennan (spelling) by the Pogues to include Rowan Vine :) He always makes me play it on way to games

Sad to say, I must be on my way

So buy me beer and whiskey cause the Saints will win today

I'd like to think I'll be returning when I can

To the greatest little boozer and a goal by Rowan Vine

Edited by Edstar101

He was there to offer Ando support more than anything. Can you imagine if we'd played an unfit Ando with Hasselbaink in front?

He was there to offer Ando support more than anything. Can you imagine if we'd played an unfit Ando with Hasselbaink in front?

The problem with Liam on the right is that he eevry rarely even looks for a pass, on the left he'll whip balls in the box or play a one-two and trudge up the wing. On the right he doesn't do this, and when he does the crosses are easy to defend as they're in-swingers

Rowan Vine is the sort of player I'll happily pay money to watch playing football. He's positive, skilful, a great finisher and he always looks to play a clever ball instead of just hitting it forwards and hoping for the best. Really enjoy watching him play for Saints - he brings out the best in the whole team. I've been a big fan of his ever since he tore Bristol City to pieces as a trialist. He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

Rowan Vine is the sort of player I'll happily pay money to watch playing football. He's positive, skilful, a great finisher and he always looks to play a clever ball instead of just hitting it forwards and hoping for the best. Really enjoy watching him play for Saints - he brings out the best in the whole team. I've been a big fan of his ever since he tore Bristol City to pieces as a trialist. He'd be one of the first names on the team sheet for me.

At last. Couldn't agree more.

If I'm going to pay over twenty quid to watch a football match(plus travelling expenses), then give me Rowan Vine every time. The words positive, skillful and clever are all in there, dare I say you could put the word "too" in front of them all and that would describe him in a nutshell compared to many of his team mates.

A very intellegent footballer who, and I'm sorry, should be playing at a higher level.

• 3 months later...