Saints V Motherwell, Sunday 19Th May 12.45 Ko

glenrothes saintee

this is going to be fukin marvelous... what a finish.... guess we want Ross county to win tomorrow, then they fight like banshees against caley in a ferociously fought highland draw, and we sneak in the back gate....  :wink:

A County win today would actually not be much good for us - it would mean that they would be above us on goal difference, meaning we'd have to hope for either a draw between ICT and County next week, or that County win with us beating Motherwell by at least two goals more.

A draw between Motherwell and County today is better - it means County need a three goal win over ICT to leapfrog them, which gives us more of a chance.

What is our record in last day of the season showdowns? I cant remember us losing any although results elsewhere have gone against us (eg Gr£tna season)Anyway we will do it on Sunday 3-1

COYS

I remember Hamilton beat us at home 2 or 3 seasons ago to finish 7th at our expense. And we drew with St Mirren away in Doobs and Peaso's last game. Last seasons top 6 fixtures were a disaster so I don't think we've won in at least our last 3 final day fixtures?

Drop gate prices, get involved!

One game and a win. That's all we need to have a chance.

All the moaners can stay at home. We need pure belief and determination. Motherwell can and will be beaten.

The players departing for new clubs should be in the starting XI if they make up our best team.

COYS!!

All we can do is get behind the team for this one. Enjoy the day.... Whatever the result it won't be as bad as the last day of the season against Motherwell when we beat them but I think it was Aberdeen won their game and we went down on goal difference I think it was. Just remember coming out of Fir Park with a lump in my throat & a tear in my eye......at least there is no relegation at stake!! C.O.Y.S

All we can do is get behind the team for this one. Enjoy the day.... Whatever the result it won't be as bad as the last day of the season against Motherwell when we beat them but I think it was Aberdeen won their game and we went down on goal difference I think it was. Just remember coming out of Fir Park with a lump in my throat & a tear in my eye......at least there is no relegation at stake!! C.O.Y.S

A rare John Inglis goal that fateful day in Motherwell if I remember correctly, followed by a rollercoaster of emotions as rumours ran through the Saints end of other scores....the worst being when they were wrong and we all for a short while thought we were safe :cry:

I think it was Kilmarnock that pipped us on goal difference after beating a Rangers reserve team 2 - 0.  Aberdeen really hurt us by Brian Irvine scoring a last min goal against us at McDiarmid the week before. 

This sunday should be enjoyed whatever happens, as St Johnstone fans how many times to we get a meaningful game to look forward to on the last day of the season.

Not sure I really understand the amount of people that are saying they ll go if Saints cut the prices, sure it would be nice if football was cheaper but I d have thought that this is one game that we deserve to get a good crowd at regardless of the price. If it was a meaningless end of season game then we d be asking for the prices to be slashed in order to get people to come. It isn't meaningless, its a game where Saints have a chance to finish third and get Europe, if prices need cut in order to get a crowd for that then theres something wrong. 

A dull end of season game = need to reduce prices

seems to be

An exciting meaningful end of season game = need to reduce prices

Surely a sign that football is just too expensive if ever there was one.

We need to get the ground full for this. Do what Well did yesterday giving away 4000 tickets. Let folk in for nowt!

Exactly, its a chance to showcase to Perth what its football team has been achieving this season. Swallow our pride and just get people in to enjoy saints success. I would far rather people came along on Sunday for £5 and shared in a good atmosphere, exciting possible outcome and boosted attendance rather than slashing the prices for a drab, poorly attended midseason match against St.Mirren.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Definitely.

I think that one just pips the feeling at Hamilton when Gretna scored the late goal. We were not even that bad the season we got relegated. We must have been 15 points clear of the team below us - reconstruction really shafted us. Probably the closest I've come to a tear at the football anyway (apart from the time some bint put a cigarette through my Saints top and burned my skin when I was a kid at Raith Rovers away).

Edited by Broon

No reason why we can't do this. Win and hope for a draw up north.

Reduce prices to £10 for adults and give out free tickets to local schools etc

Make posters to put up around town make sure everyone is aware of how important this game is to the city

Get balloons etc to increase the atmosphere try and make the stadium imtimidating

The drum will be in attendance so if you want a wee singsong go to the north end of the east stand

COYS

I understand it would be great to get a huge crowd on saturday, I also think it would be nice if the club got rewarded for its success by making some money.

What would we do if we got to a cup final ?  Only go if they reduced the prices for us ?

I m happy whatever they do, would be fantastic to get a big crowd, would be even more fantastic if people just wanted to go so much that they were willing to pay.

Normal prices but a voucher for £20 off a season ticket next year handed out ?  ( probably too late to promote a deal like that though ) 

I think it was Kilmarnock that pipped us on goal difference after beating a Rangers reserve team 2 - 0.  Aberdeen really hurt us by Brian Irvine scoring a last min goal against us at McDiarmid the week before. 

This sunday should be enjoyed whatever happens, as St Johnstone fans how many times to we get a meaningful game to look forward to on the last day of the season.

Not sure I really understand the amount of people that are saying they ll go if Saints cut the prices, sure it would be nice if football was cheaper but I d have thought that this is one game that we deserve to get a good crowd at regardless of the price. If it was a meaningless end of season game then we d be asking for the prices to be slashed in order to get people to come. It isn't meaningless, its a game where Saints have a chance to finish third and get Europe, if prices need cut in order to get a crowd for that then theres something wrong. 

A dull end of season game = need to reduce prices

seems to be

An exciting meaningful end of season game = need to reduce prices

Surely a sign that football is just too expensive if ever there was one.

That's right the forces of darkness put out a reserve side Mark Hately at centre half....Kilmarnock stayed up we went down! That is one of the many many reasons I have no sympathy for their predicament! I have said in a previous post....could you imagine if Saints had put out a weakened team against Celtic for them to clinch the league! The papers at the time thought it was a hoot that Mark Hately played @ centre half!!! Is it any wonder we just love when we beat either of the old firm?!