Forfar Tie On 8/2/14

ancientsaint

Big Rab always seemed fairly sound at banter with fans. Getting Bomber telt was a braw laugh too. Seems odd he took the huff tonight.

I know, odd indeed. Imagine being slightly annoyed at a bunch of stupid little arseholes calling you a dirty Dundee bast rd for three quarters of an hour.I don't know what's wrong with people these days  :oops:  :oops:

I know, odd indeed. Imagine being slightly annoyed at a bunch of stupid little arseholes calling you a dirty Dundee bast rd for three quarters of an hour.I don't know what's wrong with people these days :oops::oops:

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. That's football fans for you.

OK. Then what rules, Since we're talking Scottish Cup I'm going to guess its SFA but the rules must be the same!!

I'm just waiting to get shot down here by someone who has a much greater grasp of all the rules than me!!!

it is entirely up to the clubs. You frequently see this happening in the Bundesliga and no one seems to mind.

And I don't care what anybody says. The small section of troublesome fans behind the goal today are 'The Mongo Army' as far as I'm concerned. Some people find that term offensive, and rightly so. It is offensive when used in relation to disabled people. On the other hand, I think it's a very apt term for this lot. A bigger bunch of mongos I can scarcely imagine.

You go on and on about the 'young crew' being an embarrasement to the club, but i think you using the term mongo on this site, which could offend fellow fans makes you also a disgrace!

Why dont you confront them at the game about their actions rather than bringing up on here everytime??

You go on and on about the 'young crew' being an embarrasement to the club, but i think you using the term mongo on this site, which could offend fellow fans makes you also a disgrace!

Why dont you confront them at the game about their actions rather than bringing up on here everytime??

The terminology argument aside, confronting them at a game, when they are all hyper and possibly had a few drinks, wouldn't necessarily be the best thing to do. That could easily just add to the escalation of the problem. I don't see why someone should put themself at risk. Look at the story of the dad getting slapped at the semi just because he 'confronted' them.

This forum provides a platform for people to air their concerns with the 'young crews' behaviour and I think that is fine as it highlights the feelings of a lot of supporters and helps the club realise there is a real issue stirring here.

Identify the ones who break the rules, give them warnings, if they persist, ban them. If they break the law, let the club work with the police to take appropriate action.

Charles Bronson approach isn't always an option for people

The terminology argument aside, confronting them at a game, when they are all hyper and possibly had a few drinks, wouldn't necessarily be the best thing to do. That could easily just add to the escalation of the problem. I don't see why someone should put themself at risk. Look at the story of the dad getting slapped at the semi just because he 'confronted' them.

This forum provides a platform for people to air their concerns with the 'young crews' behaviour and I think that is fine as it highlights the feelings of a lot of supporters and helps the club realise there is a real issue stirring here.

Identify the ones who break the rules, give them warnings, if they persist, ban them. If they break the law, let the club work with the police to take appropriate action.

Charles Bronson approach isn't always an option for people

As i read back my post i realised this. But this is happening on a weekly basis and every thread on the forum is turning into the same topic of discussion.

Yes, it does have another meaning. As I've said, the word has developed throughout the years and some people now use it simply to imply 'idiocy'. I'm aware that there are also those who still use it as a derogatory term for disabled people. I don't though. You're being over-sensitive. Instead of arguing about it, feel free to report me to the moderators if you're offended.

This is just an excuse for you to continue using a term that you like using. Even if you don't mean to use it in the way I've described, the word is irretrievably linked to that context. You can't just decide you'll ignore what it "used" to mean. I can only think that is why you're using it anyway, cos it's a bit "bad".

Instead of calling to be reported to the moderators maybe take some responsibility for your own actions and their effects on others. In that respect you are no better than the people you are insulting, if not worse as you should know better.

PS I am finished now so I'll stop hijacking ;)

Edited by monkfish

Let's get this straight, this lot are not a bunch of lads having a laugh at the football. The amount of Stone Island gear on them either means they have shares in the company or they are out to cause mischief.

In the pub some people did try to talk to them however they thought they were being "faced up to" and in front if their "comrades" could not back down, hence the "fracas". Unfortunately for them there were a few older her majesty's finest on their day off having a drink and it was dealt with swiftly.

My main issue yesterday is that the boys were totally disrespectful to the pub owner (who laid on food and a great atmosphere) women, children and other Saints fans who are out for a good day and a sing song.

The "thing" about the "casual element" is publicity and the less they get the better, so let's stop giving it to them.

Let's get this straight, this lot are not a bunch of lads having a laugh at the football. The amount of Stone Island gear on them either means they have shares in the company or they are out to cause mischief.

In the pub some people did try to talk to them however they thought they were being "faced up to" and in front if their "comrades" could not back down, hence the "fracas". Unfortunately for them there were a few older her majesty's finest on their day off having a drink and it was dealt with swiftly.

My main issue yesterday is that the boys were totally disrespectful to the pub owner (who laid on food and a great atmosphere) women, children and other Saints fans who are out for a good day and a sing song.

The "thing" about the "casual element" is publicity and the less they get the better, so let's stop giving it to them.

For me, it's bringing the nonsense into the pub, where families are enjoying a pre game party, and starting crap amongst other Saints fans is when the line is crossed.

The stuff in the stands, where they are largely amongst themselves, doesn't really bother me the same.