Saints V Hearts 18/1/14 Ko 3Pm

glenrothes saintee

I never made it to last weeks game but will be in attendance for this one. Hearts have one or two injury problems, so I'm looking for us together our biggest win of the season. I would expect Tommy to start with the same line up as last week. If we are two or three up by half time, I'd like O'Halloran to start the second half so we (Saints and the fans) can see what he can do rather than have him coming on for a few minutes near the end of the game.

Hearts no doubt, will have a decent support, it would be good if we could increase our support too.

6-0 Saints :)

Edited by glenrothes saintee

We should have more than enough to win this against a brave/plucky/courageous/heroic young Jambo side.

Be great to have Easton back as he is our best left back and had been playing well before his injury.

Another 3 points is a must as I would expect Hibs to beat St Mirren and for Aberdeen to beat ICT so let's keep up the pressure on the sides around about us.

COYS!

I never made it to last weeks game but will be in attendance for this one. Hearts have one or two injury problems, so I'm looking for us together our biggest win of the season. I would expect Tommy to start with the same line up as last week. If we are two or three up by half time, I'd like O'Halloran to start the second half so we (Saints and the fans) can see what he can do rather than have him coming on for a few minutes near the end of the game.

Hearts no doubt, will have a decent support, it would be good if we could increase our support too.

6-0 Saints :)

I know what you mean but that bold bit makes me worry. It is entirely likely that we could do that, and more, but football doesn't always go how we think. Hope it does this time. :razz:

Crikey, a wee bit presumptious and disrespectful? They've been taking defeats off almost everyone recently, but they've kept all their scores respectable, other than the cup game against Celtic obviously.

Any kind of win will do for me. A draw really isn't enough in this match and a defeat would be a bit of a disaster if we're looking to keep pushing for top 6.

I agree with Kyle to be honest. Yes Hearts are losing most of their fixtures now that they are running on empty so to speak but they are at least managing to put a shift in and keep the scores respectable. listening to sportsound after the game on Saturday it sounded like Hearts had a pretty impressive second half against a very strong Motherwell side and were unlucky not to have nicked a draw.

I imagine that we will win, however I cannot see a massive score line on the cards as some predict. I Would love to be proved wrong mind you.

Agree entirely with Kyle. The key, for me, is to get the first goal as early as possible. We did well against St Mirren to keep pushing until we eventually broke through, but we don't want to be in that scenario again this weekend.

We'll obviously be favourites given their trials and tribulations of late, but that doesn't mean we can just go out and stroll it. Professional performance required

If we play like we have been doing at home, then I believe we can win this game.  The concern I have is when teams press us high up the park, and we retreat too far, lumping long balls at tiny strikers.  However, I don't think Hearts have the strength in midfield to push us back, and their defence is not as colossal as other teams'.

We need to maintain the same kind of positive tempo though, as soon as we sit back we look vulnerable.  Best form od defence is definitely offence with this team.

Same starting lineup as last week for me.

Tend to be an optimist at all times but a wee bit of anxiety creeps in for games like this. Hearts could have scored four goals against Motherwell and eventually lost 1-0. I think the 'poor wee suffering Hearts' mantra was being played out at Jnauray window to try to relax what was a fair punishment. I'd take three points by any means necessary.

This is the type of game that if approached in the correct manner and with the right attitude we will win.  If we approach it with the thought that it is a foregone conclusion we might end up with egg on our face.  Fortunately I believe we have a team and manager that will not allow us to be unprofessional or complacent.  I think we will win.

I get a bit worried when fans talk about 6-0 wins & hope the players don`t have the same attitude.

Hearts played a good Motherwell team off the park in the second half on saturday so I wouldn`t take anything for granted but would be pissed off if we didn`t get a win.