Possible Appeal?

The ghost of Jim Morton

I would not bother appealing either card.

Anderson misses Partick, we have cover. Mannus misses Partick and Dundee Utd. If we appeal and lose it could be extended, not worth the risk IMO.

True - And as a few have said it was the old rules that I posted so not sure what the position will be with these POINTS they may add to each player which could give them a longer Ban.

Thought I read somewhere that Tommy Wright had requested a meeting with the Ref to clarify why each was sent off and whether the Ref will look at the match video and PERHAPS realise his error and reduce Ando to a Yellow and also Mannus to the same Yellow

I thought the red card on Anderson was harsh and still do but it is hard to see an appeal working. As for the red cars at the end, the photo evidence would suggest that Mannus was harshly treated  and probably just the referee trying to be evenhanded. That said if they had just let Hearts grab the ball none of it would have happened and we'd probably have won. I am sure the referee had no clue what happened for much of it as at one point just about every player was in the net.

According to today's Sun, Brian Colvin told our players he would look at the Anderson one again and change his decision if he got it wrong. Refreshing to hear a ref who realises he may have made a mistake, however I don't believe the powers that be will allow him to admit wrongdoing. After all, referees are always right and never make mistakes.

I would appeal Ando's but not Mannus'. I don't think either warranted a red but with the semi looming, it just isn't a risk worth taking.

Having watched the footage (possibly through blue tinted spectacles) I think Stevenson has his hands round Mannus' throat but Mannus has his hands on Stevenson's chest holding him off. To me that isn't violent conduct

I think he might change his mind as they are allowed to that now, but what never seems to happen is the SFA changing an obvious mistake by a referee.

What bothers me from the above is that Colvin seemed rattled by it and completely lost the plot for the rest of the game. From that point on he keeps making bad decisions, pretty obviously bad decisions too.

Having watched the footage (possibly through blue tinted spectacles) I think Stevenson has his hands round Mannus' throat but Mannus has his hands on Stevenson's chest holding him off. To me that isn't violent conduct

I too have watched it.  A lot. I think Mannus has his right hand on Stevenson's chest/underarm, but the left one is up at the throat. To be fair, the whole thing is just handbags (other than Scobbie trying to stick the head on someone!) and would be highly entertaining was it not for the impact losing Mannus has had (will have) on us.

The authorities need to look at a way in which referees can look NOT to send players off, instead of coming up with all these guidelines as to when they SHOULD be sending players off. It spoils the game and has an on-going impact on teams on the receiving end of red cards.

Yes, there still should be red cards, but we are seeing them issued more and more for innocuous reasons....and that includes yellows, which are also issues for ridiculous reasons, such as taking their top off, over-celebrating etc etc

I think he might change his mind as they are allowed to that now, but what never seems to happen is the SFA changing an obvious mistake by a referee.

What bothers me from the above is that Colvin seemed rattled by it and completely lost the plot for the rest of the game. From that point on he keeps making bad decisions, pretty obviously bad decisions too.

I think he lost it BEFORE Ando's red card.  No-one seemed to know what was happening at the dropped ball just before.  Both Hamill and Nige were going to hit it to the keeper and it ended with Hearts playing on.

I think he lost it BEFORE Ando's red card.  No-one seemed to know what was happening at the dropped ball just before.  Both Hamill and Nige were going to hit it to the keeper and it ended with Hearts playing on.

Aye you are right about that. he got so much wrong I've forgotten most of it.

Absolutely right B2B

I have to say that is the most incompetent refereeing display I have seen in 40+ years of watching football. I wont even mention what went against us but our first penalty a foul and justified booking but at least a yard outside the box....SMs 2nd goal did he not control it with his hand before kicking it?........ 2nd penalty I would be raging if that was given against Saints. There was a penalty claim for Hearts late on that was every bit as much a penalty (Scobie I think before he went in goals) The 3 red cards only Ryan Stevensons came anywhere near being justified but all 3 should have been yellows if even that. All in all with the semi being involved in any possible suspensions I would appeal Andersons but not Mannuss (sorry Alan somewhere in that statement there is a compliment to you ability)