Stevie May

Hardolez21

I hear Liverpool are about to buy him for £5M. I was in a coffee shop and talking about it with Yogi Hughes at lunchtime. We are interrupted by someone saying that it's 95% done. Turns out it was his agent! Amazing who you can meet in Grangemouth these days!

That must've been hilarious in your head, I'm sure I'll learn to appreciate it

I hear Liverpool are about to buy him for £5M. I was in a coffee shop and talking about it with Yogi Hughes at lunchtime. We are interrupted by someone saying that it's 95% done. Turns out it was his agent! Amazing who you can meet in Grangemouth these days!

That's so obviously not true! How do you know John Hughes?

Staying with us if his interview today is anything to go by

We thought he was staying with us after Scottish Cup Final win.... but he didn't. As a player you need to stay committed, even though it might not be the case.

What was discussed? Your survival battle for the season ahead... only joking

A bit early yet ED transfer window has not closed yet :wink:,  Wednesday are stumbling around the transfer market just now making it look like they are chasing signings and making ridiculous offers for them with no intention of getting them there is also lot of resentment at the hike in prices for entry and season tickets , Now where have we seen these tactics before? My Wednesday friends are very worried about their club at the minute more so than in the past.  Tick, Tock,         

I was told last night that May was never going anywhere this summer. In fact, Wednesday out and out rejected any approaches from anybody...he was never going to the Arabs, or the tribute act or anybody else

Saints were told this flat out back in May when we approached Wednesday for him.

But, despite the news coming straight from Tommy's mouth, seeing it written in black and white at the below link, and also hearing the radio interview with Stevie a couple of weeks ago where he said he was ready to get stuck into the next season with Wednesday, the rags are still desperate to link him to Sevco to try and make them seem like a big deal again. It's laughable.

"We've spoken to Sheffield Wednesday and they've made it clear Stevie May won't be going out on loan."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/st-johnstone/1320497-tommy-wright-reveals-st-johnstone-loan-approach-for-stevie-may-rebuffed/

I trust that Stevie's ego is big enough that he won't allow himself to return to Scotland after only one year, especially not to the first division.

Been saying this the whole time, just didnt make sense.

Top scorer this season.

Tenner anyone?

Although I want this to be true plus forcing his way into the scotland squad, I just cant see it. I reckon he will be out on loan in the January window. I'll take your bet, and will gladly pay out if proven wrong

:)

Although I want this to be true plus forcing his way into the scotland squad, I just cant see it. I reckon he will be out on loan in the January window. I'll take your bet, and will gladly pay out if proven wrong

:)

there you go, Shibster. I'll collect your winnings from Chips in the Tulloch and put it behind the bar for you for when you're next home.

Saints fans scoffed when Rotherham came in for May but he'd have been far better going there. Stuart Gray was fine with him but Evans really rated him and was long-term admirer. They were trying to get him on the cheap but that is any club's prerogative.

Badly advised in joining Sheffield Wednesday, as nice as it was to see him joining such a big club. Rotherham would have been a better fit for him.

Would hate to see him at Aberdeen or Dundee United (even more than Rangers - unpopular as that might be) but fear it's becoming a reality.

Saints fans scoffed when Rotherham came in for May but he'd have been far better going there. Stuart Gray was fine with him but Evans really rated him and was long-term admirer. They were trying to get him on the cheap but that is any club's prerogative.

Badly advised in joining Sheffield Wednesday, as nice as it was to see him joining such a big club. Rotherham would have been a better fit for him.

Personally I still think another year at St Johnstone would have been a better decision than either of those options. He'd have had another season of top flight football success, had a good pay rise, had another year of enjoying being the "star" player, scored more goals, his general reputation would be even higher, and Saints wouldn't have stood in his way when a bigger move came along.

Still can't really see what point there would have been in signing for Rotherham.