St Johnstone V Kilmarnock 18Th Oct 2014

Shibbydoo

There's a game on in a couple of days.

My wife was at the uni and saw some of the players relaxing and chatting in Clive Ramsay's - after training, about 2.30pm.

She told me they didn't look like they were working hard or that they were footballers, so no wonder they can't win a game!

She knows a lot about the game, once commenting that the team in blue (Rangers) looked 'clumsy' when she watched one minute of a European match v Athens (or someone) I had on the tv one night way back, very insightful I thought, in fact, concise and spot on (which is most unlike her!).

Must have been looking at Croft & Morgan.

At last a match thread and a game to look forward to.  Thanks to the Scotland team for topping up my football positivity over the last couple of weeks as WAP would give an anti-depressant the blues...

Anyway for this game and to hopefully getting back to winning (or at very least not losing)  ways, I would go with:

Mannus

Mackay     Anderson   Wright      BEaston

Croft        Davidson Caddis/Donald  Lappin

McFadden

Graham

Subs: Banks, Miller, Wotherspoon, D Easton, Morgan, O'Halloran

With the absence of Millar and potentially Brown I think the energy of Caddis may be required but can see McDonald starting.  Dropping Wotherspoon and O'Halloran is necessary as they have both been off the pace for a while now.

Would like to see Dylan Easton get a wee go from the bench, perhaps replacing McFadden for 30 mins towards the end

See Morgan is suspended for this game is that because of his red card in the development game

Yes, think he misses the next two games because of it. How unfortunate.

I'd be going 

Mannus

Miller - Mackay - Anderson - Easton

Davidson - Lappin

Croft - Wotherspoon - O'Halloran

Graham

For this one. I'm still not sure what McFadden adds tbh, but he's not fit enough to start regardless.

Mannus

Mackay     Anderson   Wright      BEaston

Croft        Davidson Caddis/Donald  Lappin

McFadden

Graham

Subs: Banks, Miller, Wotherspoon, D Easton, Morgan, O'Halloran

I'd go for that team, caddis alongside muzz, not too fussed whether it's that back 4, or possibly same back 4 as st mirren game, with Mackay in centre alongside Anderson and G Miller at right back

I'd go for that team, caddis alongside muzz, not too fussed whether it's that back 4, or possibly same back 4 as st mirren game, with Mackay in centre alongside Anderson and G Miller at right back

I also think Dave Mackay does a good job at CB, but found in the St Mirren game in the second half he became very frustrated and was found miles up the park pressing their LB when they broke for the 2nd goal.  The RB position suits Mackay better and he is more effective there with Croft than a Miller/Croft combination. I haven't been impressed by Croft/Miller when they have played together, probably due to Crofts lack of pace and Miller unwillingness to run beyond the fullback to support Croft. 

I also think Dave Mackay does a good job at CB, but found in the St Mirren game in the second half he became very frustrated and was found miles up the park pressing their LB when they broke for the 2nd goal.  The RB position suits Mackay better and he is more effective there with Croft than a Miller/Croft combination. I haven't been impressed by Croft/Miller when they have played together, probably due to Crofts lack of pace and Miller unwillingness to run beyond the fullback to support Croft. 

Agree with that 1000%. We miss McKay at right back. Miller is neither good at attacking or defence.