Sports Direct Fc V St Johnstone 28/10/14

rik2304

Sorry Lark, I thought we were awful tonight as well.  All we want to do is nullify other teams and then when we lose a goal its pretty much over, Rangers are very poor and they deserved to beat us.

We create so little going forward. 

I hate to pick out individuals, it just seems our whole team is struggling for form at the same time, but how can Lee Croft be so heavy and unfit as a professional sportsman?  If a player is doing everything he can and just isn't good enough fair enough.  But this guy is over a stone overweight and it shows.  He's capable of putting in a great delivery but we never get to see it because hes struggling to get up and down the park.  I can't believe the manager hasn't pulled him in and got him doing double sessions.

Totally gutted and embarrassed right now. I have tried to keep a reasonably calm mind-set recently, but it's becoming increasingly clear that there are serious issues here and we will get relegated if things continue in a similar manner.

The total lack of desire from the chairman seems to have infected the players and coaching staff. No hunger, no energy, no effort, poor tactics. There are many people who must share the blame here, although Steve Brown deserves the largest portion of it.

The Rangers have looked awful anytime I've seen them on television, but I didn't realise they were quite as bad as they are in the flesh. With a comparatively huge budget, they just managed to sneak past an awful St. Johnstone side who have no confidence in themselves. The two teams were very similar in terms of the quality of their general play, but the home side were certainly the more dangerous team in an attacking sense and deserved their victory.

It was a totally spineless display and the players should be ashamed of themselves. To put in a performance like that when supporters have shelled out over £20 is inexcusable. Our finishing is awful (O'Halloran's in particular) and our lack of squad depth is verging on laughable. No disrespect to the lad as I feel he is capable of providing a bit of quality now and then, but a little something in me dies every time we're needing to make a game-changing substitution and then resort to bringing on Liam Caddis. That probably isn't a popular opinion on here but I'm not that bothered really. Anyway, I'm sure that Steve Brown is ecstatic with the squad situation and won't see the need to make any urgent changes until more players begin to get injured/suspended.

Finally, fair play to the supporters who applauded the players at the end. I would never have been able to do that.

Just home. Trying to look for positives and not for the first time this season they start and finish at Chris Millar. Negatives are obvious to everybody. Absolutely no creativity, no drive, no cutting edge. If you don't score goals you don't win matches. Where is our next goal coming from?

Tommy needs to get into this team, it seems they are not happy playing for St Johnstone just now. I see the players point when the chairman is more interested in his pay packet than investing in a few decent players. Tonight was beyond woeful and i hope this being broadcast on TV has woken SB up.

Need to turn it around fast or god knows what will happen to us when we play Utd again, Sellick and the sheep.

At times like these we need a captain to galvanise his team,praise or scold as required and to conjure something out of nothing.Have we got that ? Not convinced.

Like big Dave allright but just feel we need a wee bit more a la Drew Rutherford or Don McVicar (both sadly passed away)

O'Halloran was ok and Midge was very good, again.

What a difference when you watch other sides attack with a bit of pace and having a shot from anywhere.

We seem to break at (a snail's) pace and then either can't complete more than two passes or fail to shoot whenever there's a chance.

We appear to have lost the energy, urgency and confidence we had only a few months ago.

It's going to spread to the fans if it hasn't already. What has changed?

Last night the marginally better of two poor sides won the game.

Saw it coming when Daly came on and they started putting crosses in/we began to give away free kicks and allowed them to put in so many cross balls. Only surprise was that it wasn't him who scored.

Tommy thought we played well?! Not in, around or remotely near the box we didn't. Play well everywhere else but there and what happens? No goals.

Another apology to Lark Saint, we were good only in certain aspects but terrible where it mattered. Again.

Another injury to a key player.

Hope it changes, and soon.

I've given up being polite:

Lappin is naff

Croft is fat

McDonald is useless

Bringing on Caddis as a game changer when McFadden is on the bench too? That's incompetence.

We didn't test the ginger goalie.........

O'halloran is not a goal scorer......

Graham will score but not with the ammunition he's getting.

I thought Midge played well though.

Another couple of rank performances and we may be in the express elevator down.

May should not have been allowed to leave.....without a ready found replacement. That's incompetence too.

I'm fair scunnered........

3 shots on target against a piss poor rangers with a 3rd choice keeper is pretty terrible, never tested them once, how are you meant to win a game when your incapable of putting the ball in the net.

Would disagree - The Brian Graham header actually led to a brave save that resulted in the 3rd choice (ex Saint) goalkeeper making an appearance.

Add to that 2 tasty crosses that were well defended by last gasp tackles and the shot percentage certainly moves up a gear.

The big disappointment is the fact we lost to Rangers a team we all thought were shit and struggling BUT on the night turned us over.

I also watched it on TV .

I'm not sure what people are wanting from TW? The 11 players we started are easily the best 11 we could've selected, you just need to look at the bench to see how shite our squad actually is as nobody on there is an improvement. In fact only McDonald and Brown have looked good enough at any point and even then both shouldn't be used as often as they are.

The only moan you can have is about the formation, but when we've played 4-5-1 we've not managed a single shot this season and have looked horseshit, the 4-4-2 makes us a bit more dangerous so it was the best option for winning.

The players we're playing are just not attacking minded, Lappin, Croft, McDonald, Millar all prefer to defend than attack and are better at it. So we're left with Graham and O'Halloran trying to do everything going forward and both are poor in reality. You look on the bench and see Morgan who struggles in the development league and McFadden who looks just as ineffectual.

Best we can do is hope we're not adrift at the bottom by January. Get MacLean and Kane back into the squad, get rid of McFadden and Morgan, and try and get two or three players who'll add quality and depth.

Lee croft needs to have a good look in the mirror. A good professional player carrying that much weight and so much off the pace would surely do something about it. Clearly just playing for a laugh and and doesnt give two monkeys about saints.

Larky wont like that -Croft FAT ---oh wait for it.

We had possession buts it's bloody useless when playing multiple square balls and passes back to the defence who shit it and hoof it 60 yards up the park.

Millar played well. Crofty put in one great cross only for Wright to defend in their box.

We have zero quality. We have zero drive and come Friday another game will pass with zero points.

TW needs to realise he needs to get some enthusiastic fans to deliver a team talk. It's the only way forward.

Fed up of the "we will take the positives speech" it's wearing thin. How can we take positives from 6 defeats and a draw in the last 7?!?!

TW needs to realise he needs to get some enthusiastic fans to deliver a team talk. It's the only way forward.

Yeah I'm sure having balding middle aged men in scarves shouting "play good and score!!" will be a brilliant team talk. I'd rather TW showed tactics boards on how to beat the opposition myself

A game that was there for the taking, don't beleive the hype, Sevco are a poor poor unit, only problem are saints standards have slipped and should be seeing off shite like that.

Thought O'halloran had one his better games, along with Midge, Mannus and Big Frazer, although he (O'Halloran) could release the ball quicker at times, as was beating a man and opening up space for others, but we are just so slow going forward to support. And Lee Croft for a professional player of his age, needs to look in the mirror, was a passenger all night, just no got the pace anymore, surely must be some youngster like easton that wouldn't be any worse that.

Forgot what a wonderful set of lowlife support that shower of shite, even had the pleasure of a sixty year old dropping his cottons and give a mooner to the saints support!! in the section of inbreds to the left of us, altough the stewards and polis seemed to miss his wee party piece, a bit like the ref who missed every foul that black and law committed.

Edited by crieffsaintandy

Muzz going off was the game changer for me- might not be silky midfielder, but his box to box work rate and aerial threat was never gonna be equaled by anyone on bench.

Midge showed some brilliant touches first half especially- rolling opponents and moving ball on to final third with ease.

Fat Ally's halftime team talk obviously worked as they improved second half and nullified most threats we posed.

However, how hard is it for a professional footballer to put a corner above the head (or in some cases the knee) of the first man defending the near post? Wild.

As for MikeAshley FC- not only were they there for the taking, they are utter crap, which makes it all the more frustrating.

How much do we need Macca?!

We're defo relegation candidates- can't score? Won't win games, no matter how much we improve at passing, our shooting is awful.

Is embarrassing too strong a word?

No.