Mcfadden's Turn

Tranmere Saintee

Quite a few paranoid Old Squirm style fans on this thread. Sportscene are not conducting a witchhunt against us. That show is a football highlights show, do we expect them not to show incidents involved in the game?

I personally dont think McFadden should be banned for giving the "get it up ye" sign to the Hamilton fans. Its further proof of the sterilisation of our game. McFadden was quite rightly getting stick from the Hamilton fans all game and reacted to this after the sending off. It was harmless. People might say, "what about the poor kids that have to witness this", but kids will witness much worse on a daily basis through watching tv, playing computers games etc. If you are taking kids to a football game, you cant be as naive to think they wont be exposed to some bad language or actions.

Its no wonder there are no real characters left in Scottish Football. I used to love watching the likes of Roddy and Alan Moore wind up oppostion fans. It added something to the game. Sadly, I think them days are well gone.

Dino was a master at it!!

On what basis do you suggest we challenge it? He was sent off - 1 match ban - the gesture is seen as a second sending off offence, further two match ban. Neither decision is in dispute and the penalty for both is a 3 match ban. The club had absolutely nothing to gain by appealing and would've had to pay for the appeal too.

Compliance officer has been right with all three retrospective bans so far this season, and also Scobbie's one last year. Whether it's a trial by tv or not is irrelevant - the players need to keep their discipline better and stop bloody diving.

Absolutely agree. The CO has a job to do,and he gets on with it. The BBC might be doing their job to say that an incident might be looked at by the CO, they are reporting on the games.

The utter glee and multiple repetitions of what the COs final decision WILL be by idiots like chick young who couldn't even report why he had been red carded is the only element of this that annoys me.

Absolutely agree. The CO has a job to do,and he gets on with it. The BBC might be doing their job to say that an incident might be looked at by the CO, they are reporting on the games.

That is the whole point though, he is not doing the job he should be doing, he is only reacting to what the BBC pundits highlight.

He was booked for his shhhhing gesture, which is normally a yellow card but the ban itself was originally for the sly GIRUY gesture.

I take it no one noticed Dave Mackay trying to noise the United fans in the Ormond stand after both our goals recently... Or he would be getting the same treatment!

If you don`t appeal ,you don`t get.

Ha ha. If an appeal had been made, before you knew the result of the others, guess what the outcome would've been of Faddys?

Aye, you've guessed correctly. Unsuccessful.

What odds would you have got that the other three would have been quashed?

Edited by HOODLUM65

Of course, there is obviously an agenda to inhibit St Johnstones progression this year at the behest of all other Scottish Football Clubs. Clearly the scottish football authorities have a personal vendetta against Perth St Johnstone and are actively trying to cripple our resources in every way possible since the other 11 clubs are favourites and we are the shy ugly duckling destined to suffer only indignation and abuse.

Read that back in your head and judge how ridiculous it sounds.

Of course, there is obviously an agenda to inhibit St Johnstones progression this year at the behest of all other Scottish Football Clubs. Clearly the scottish football authorities have a personal vendetta against Perth St Johnstone and are actively trying to cripple our resources in every way possible since the other 11 clubs are favourites and we are the shy ugly duckling destined to suffer only indignation and abuse.

Is this in response to any previous posts or are you just talking to yourself?

As I have said before."Gestures" have mostly been either,ignored,incurred a wee word in the ear or earned a yellow.I do not recall a two match ban in the past BUT I am very ready to be corrected.

Craig its not about picking on Saints its about fairness.I concentrate on Saints cos I am a fan.I also saw the Cummings boy cos it was on live telly.

We should stick up for our own,but not in the Celtic conspiracy way.

If there is any repeat we should consider an appeal ( but keep Croft in mind)

I would like Collum reprimanded for losing another two red cards yesterday from different games,surely proof of his incompetence.

Not really that ridiculous to be honest.

As I have said before."Gestures" have mostly been either,ignored,incurred a wee word in the ear or earned a yellow.I do not recall a two match ban in the past BUT I am very ready to be corrected.

It's not a 2 match ban for the gesture, its one for the gesture and an additional game because it was deemed a red card offence committed when he had already been sent off.