Collum Excels Himself.

Kilgour

Wright hadn't clattered the keeper...Wright was standing still and made no movement towards the keeper...the keeper ran into him

Also, MacLean's direction of travel meant that at no point was there any danger of him making contact with the keeper (he was nowhere near)...his line was a vain attempt to intercept the ball...he was miles away!

*was right in front of the box I was sitting in :wink:

I was sitting right above you Ed, and from where I was sitting there was clear intent on the part of Wright to get the man not the ball.  I would, of course, need to see it again, but from where I was sitting it was a clatter!  McLean tried the same and Fudge took exception to the challenge, as one would expect from an experienced CB defending a rookie keeper on his debut.  I will agree with you on one point, neither was ever likely to get the ball, only likely to get the man.  Some fans on Utd Mad claiming there was an off the ball kick by Wright in our box, not sure if this is the same incident they are referring to.   

I was sitting right above you Ed, and from where I was sitting there was clear intent on the part of Wright to get the man not the ball.  I would, of course, need to see it again, but from where I was sitting it was a clatter!  McLean tried the same and Fudge took exception to the challenge, as one would expect from an experienced CB defending a rookie keeper on his debut.  I will agree with you on one point, neither was ever likely to get the ball, only likely to get the man.  Some fans on Utd Mad claiming there was an off the ball kick by Wright in our box, not sure if this is the same incident they are referring to.   

once again the camera view was crap but looked like wright was lying on the deck when the utd defender ran past him he stood on wright and wright flicked his leg up but inconclusive. penis penis obvs never seen it

Fojut was lucky to stay on the park

Maybe so DS, but I would expect senior professionals to display some anger when a young player is clattered by an opponent. Part of the problem at united at the moment is their inability to counter the sort of tactics they face on occasions like Saturday......before anyone takes offence, TW is entitled to lay out his team any way he wishes, and it is entirely the responsibility of the united team to stand up to the high energy, high tempo, physicality that saints seem to pull from their locker whenever they face united. There is no doubt Jmac has no answer to TW at the moment, and Column was in no way responsible for the result, the credit goes entirely to TW and his team. This was the only the 2nd defeat at home, and we are still in two cups (who was the last non OF manager to reach back to back cup finals?), comfortably in the top six, and still an outside chance to qualify for Europe through our league position, so plenty to play for. Rumours abound that the entire staff at Tannadice are incandescent at ST and his handling of the GMS/Armstrong transfer....ie assuring everyone we were under no pressure to sell, before flying 12000 miles away then sanctioning the deal, without having to look his manager and coaches in the eye, let alone his mother or his sister. To be fair to Jmac not many clubs in Scotland could lose 10 million pounds of talent, in 6 months and continue unaffected. To be fair to ST he has done a marvellous job so far, and if he wants to cash in hi chips and move to oz, good luck to him!

once again the camera view was crap but looked like wright was lying on the deck when the utd defender ran past him he stood on wright and wright flicked his leg up but inconclusive. penis penis obvs never seen it

Fojut was lucky to stay on the park

Wright was on the ground and the Utd player (I think it was Fojut again) intentionally stood on him on the way past (the reason Wright was on the ground was that Fojut had led with an elbow). I happened to be watching that rather than the ball which had been cleared and I was fecking raging

He was very lucky to stay on the park and hope for Utd's sake he doesn't adopt that attitude every game or he will be serving a lot of suspensions.

Also, as Duncan08 said, the keeper didn't react to MacLean's 'challenge' as he WAS MILES AWAY FROM ANY CONTACT....

Very brave of Fojut to stamp on Fraz when he was lying face down on the pitch, as a result of Fojut's elbow.

Only cowards do such things. Very lucky to stay on the park

As for the keeeper being "clattered"?

Didn't ever think that the trainers services would be needed.

This is surely a matter for the compliance officer?  Is there footage of this?  I do remember FW receiving treatment, being ushered off the pitch, challenging United fans to a fight then running back on the pitch laughing...the wee angel! :roll:

• 2 months later...

Will they be writing to the SFA this week, like feck they will

They should write a letter asking to clarify the decision that gave Celtic a clear advantage.  Then tell the media that they are doing it to make a point about the absurdity of Celtic's actions.  Leave it simmering for a few days, and withdraw the letter stating that these things even themselves out over time.

Tranmere the ref was correct and gave an excellent decision. It was a shame he didn't give them more. We are in a dog fight with United and that decision reduces their goal diff to only 3 more than us.

As for Colum I actually thought he had quite a good game today let the game flow and suspect you will be proved wrong by photos that show it was a pen as it was on the line.

Tranmere the ref was correct and gave an excellent decision. It was a shame he didn't give them more. We are in a dog fight with United and that decision reduces their goal diff to only 3 more than us.

As for Colum I actually thought he had quite a good game today let the game flow and suspect you will be proved wrong by photos that show it was a pen as it was on the line.

I saw it on the telly and have seen still's since all showing the tackle was at least a yard outside the box.

I saw it on the telly and have seen still's since all showing the tackle was at least a yard outside the box.

Give wee Willie a break for once.  He sees it at full speed and with MacKay- Steven that is some speed.  On a still you can see the contact is indeed a yard outside the box but it is on the rear leg, his front leg at the time is a split fraction of a second from landing in the box and such is his momentum that by the time he has completed his fall he is beside the penalty spot.  The incident is close to the problem with run outs at cricket where at first sight the batsman appears to be in but the replay shows he was well out.  Do we want replays?  If yes we will need bigger stocks of pies and bovril 'cause we will be at the match for a while.

I thought Colum did ok on Sunday.  He booked Brown, without hesitation. The pen, well a yard out but not an easy one to spot, and it did not really change the game.  He is the best in Scotland at the moment, a 21st century ref. Lots of people might not like the way the game is going, and that is a different argument. but WC gets the Euro gigs because he is on message with Uefa and their clamp down on tackling of all kinds.  Scotland remains the only place in Europe where the tackle from the back does not result in an instant red.

• 1 month later...

Credit where credits due,  Collum reffed this well.No great dilemnas but its nice when the talk is about the players not the ref

Yeah seems like changed man. Seems to talk to and smile at players more. Not so quick with the cards. Think someone must have had a word after a couple of disastrous displays.