St Johnstone V Ross County - 11/8/15

franco

He HAS to drop Lappin and Sutton.... and possibly Wotherspoon.

Tommy Wright claims that he runs his squad on the basis that if you get a place in the team, it's yours to keep or there is someone waiting in the wings to take your place if your performance is not up to scratch. The game absolutely, categorically, turned on its head on Saturday when Lappin and Sutton were replaced.

He has MacLean(a Scottish cup winner and cup final goalscorer) or Cummins (the second highest goalscorer in the SPL) to replace Sutton.

He has Brown or Caddis to replace Lappin..

Mannus

Shaugnessy Wright Scobbie Easton

Davidson Brown Craig

OHalloran Cummins MacLean

I really don't understand all this Sutton hate.

Genuinely - what else could he have done on Saturday? He won countless headers from balls launched vaguely in his direction. After the Caley goal, he had absolutely no support and he didn't have a single decent cross to attack in the match.

Cummins and Maclean made an impression when they came on, mostly because the entire team were playing 20 yards further up the park.

We need to give spoony a break at the moment as he played on Saturdays game after some personal tragedy,so leave the kid alone and lets get behind him show's some guts to play and fans boo him if he plays tomorrow lets cheer him instead of booing him

It is not on one game & if he wasn't in the right frame of mind on Saturday Wreight shouldn't have played him. Before you say he wanted to play ,I still say he shouldn't have played him for his own sake.

We need to give spoony a break at the moment as he played on Saturdays game after some personal tragedy,so leave the kid alone and lets get behind him show's some guts to play and fans boo him if he plays tomorrow lets cheer him instead of booing him

Spoony's privacy is paramount, so suffice to say the boy needs cheering up, not slaughtered.

Sounds like Mackay and Millar will miss out on this game, questions over Wright and Davidsons ability to play two games so close together plus the fact we have Dundee on Saturday. 

Mannus

Shaughnessy - McKay - Scobbie - Easton

Brown - Craig

O'Halloran - Wotherspoon - Cummins

Sutton

Would be a temptation. The three behind Sutton would all be given licence to interchange and get forward whenever they could, while Brown and Craig would take turns to get forward/sit back. Wotherspoon, despite his huge flaws, still seems to be our most creative player in terms of creating things from nothing, and seems to be better central than being one v one with a full back, so is the best option as that central hub.

Mannus

Shaughnessy McKay Weight Easton

Wotherspoon Davidson Millar Craig

Cummins OHalloran

McKay for Scobbie as I believe they will play high balls and crosses for Graham and Scobbie not too good in the air.

Cummins for Sutton as two goals in two matches he deserves to start

OHalloran with a free role up front and he can be used if TW wants to change formation from 442 to 451

It won't happen, but I'd like to see Wotherspoon taken out of the lime light for this one. Let him come on from the bench later on and see if he can make an impact.

Its early in the season, so can we afford to lose it? I'd take the chance to play Thomson on the wing. Let him see if he can produce the crosses that Sutton really needs. Cummins should get a start as well. So Cummins and Sutton up front, Kane to come off the bench.

Mannus

Joe, McKay, Scobbie (doubt Wright can play two games so close), Easton

Thomson, Craig, Lappin, O'Halloran

Sutton, Cummins

Would like to see Easton on the bench as well.

Whilst I hate to say it Fraz looked/ showed his age I thought on Saturday, He did mis time a few tackles and even at the goal kind of looked a yard short in his tackle to try and get the ball, Not at his level I know but myself and many on here will know the feeling when time catches up on you! the legs just do not do what you want them to do?

Time to go with MaKay and Scobbie for now until Ando is back, or we could also go with McKay and Shaughnessy in the central defence as an Aberdeen supporting friend thought he was a better central defender than a right back TW may spring a Super Dave surprise tomorrow.

Whilst I hate to say it Fraz looked/ showed his age I thought on Saturday, He did mis time a few tackles and even at the goal kind of looked a yard short in his tackle to try and get the ball.

Thought he looked very rusty. But to be fair so did Anderson against Alashkert, so don't think we can automatically put it down to his age.

It won't happen, but I'd like to see Wotherspoon taken out of the lime light for this one. Let him come on from the bench later on and see if he can make an impact.

Its early in the season, so can we afford to lose it? I'd take the chance to play Thomson on the wing. Let him see if he can produce the crosses that Sutton really needs. Cummins should get a start as well. So Cummins and Sutton up front, Kane to come off the bench.

Mannus

Joe, McKay, Scobbie (doubt Wright can play two games so close), Easton

Thomson, Craig, Lappin, O'Halloran

Sutton, Cummins

Would like to see Easton on the bench as well.

I would be doing well to come up with a worse midfield than that. Lappin put in genuinely one of the worst performances I've ever seen on Saturday. Worse than Gary McDonald at his pass back loving worst.

No idea why people want MacLean in ahead of Sutton.

Can only think there's an assumption that that because we played better after the double-substitution, MacLean deserves to share the credit. All I saw him do was trip over himself.

One change I'm really keen for Tommy to make is to bring Easton in in a midfield four. He's playing well in the U20s, while Wotherspoon and Lappin are woefully short of form, Davidson may need a rest, and Millar and Caddis are still out. In short, if he doesn't step in tomorrow, when will he get a chance?

As someone who has obviously seen a lot of Easton, RandomGuy, how would you assess his game?

I've not seen a lot of him, I just judge it by the fact most U20 highlights you see him higher up the pitch when defending, and those who do go to U20 matches often bring up the point he's an unwilling defender. Berwick (and Livingston) fans both made a point about him not wanting to defend too.

I've not seen a lot of him, I just judge it by the fact most U20 highlights you see him higher up the pitch when defending, and those who do go to U20 matches often bring up the point he's an unwilling defender. Berwick (and Livingston) fans both made a point about him not wanting to defend too.

Yeah,would never play him as holding midfielder.