Darnell Fisher

Shaggy Jenkins

He's young and still learning. He's been played in random positions while on loan with us without get to settle in as maybe he could. I reckon he has good potential and is a decent player.  He only gets pelters as he's not one of our own, which also coincided by poor performances by the team.  The last lad who was not a favourite was Swanson, especially his first appearance on lian at QOS, some of that abuse he got for a team game wasnt fair. Although I would also see our own kids play, but sometimes loans are needed to fill a weakened area.

Fisher is a decent young player. I'd still be confident he'd put in a shift in for us.  

As has been repeated time and again it is only your opinion that he only gets pelters as he is not one of our own - in my opinion and those of the fans I speak to, he gets pelters because he has been abysmal. I want everybody who pulls on a Saints shirt to do well, but he is just not worth a place in the team at the expense of better players. 

No chance & we had plenty options at right back. Joe,Brad & cuptie. There were a lot of positions needed bolstering but not right back. I still dont get why Tommy brought him in.

Brad? He's not an option, that's clearly evident. And the negativity on Dave at right back lately re. His age and legs..  Joe hasn't held onto a position and then looks better as a centre half. The goals we leak this season... I couldn't tell you our best right back is this term and the gaffer doesn't know either. Put all names in the hat pull one out for full back and they will all be decent, we haven't got the superb right back we have been spoiled with for years.

He's young and still learning. He's been played in random positions while on loan with us without get to settle in as maybe he could. I reckon he has good potential and is a decent player.  He only gets pelters as he's not one of our own, which also coincided by poor performances by the team.  The last lad who was not a favourite was Swanson, especially his first appearance on lian at QOS, some of that abuse he got for a team game wasnt fair. Although I would also see our own kids play, but sometimes loans are needed to fill a weakened area.

Fisher is a decent young player. I'd still be confident he'd put in a shift in for us.  

swanson got pelters cos he was a diving cheat who played for our rivals and turned the fans around . Fisher gets pelters cos hes no good

• 5 weeks later...

He's getting a bit better.

I think the problem for Fisher is at Celtic you need to do less defending and a lot of focus is on your footballing ability. To be fair to him he always looks to pass into the feet of the centre forward and never hoofs it. I think we're starting to look for that now so his passes don't seem so poor(striker caught on his heels) . He's also fairly athletic. 

If he can sort hid positioning and put more into his tackling he might turn out OK.

He's getting a bit better.

I think the problem for Fisher is at Celtic you need to do less defending and a lot of focus is on your footballing ability. To be fair to him he always looks to pass into the feet of the centre forward and never hoofs it. I think we're starting to look for that now so his passes don't seem so poor(striker caught on his heels) . He's also fairly athletic. 

If he can sort hid positioning and put more into his tackling he might turn out OK.

You make a good point, his passing is actually very good and he does always look to pass into feet. It came off more often than not on Friday night too so the guys are obviously getting used to it as you say. He definitely needs to improve defensively although he did put in an excellent tackle on Friday that got the crowd going a bit. 

He is raw but he's young. There is plenty of ability there and with more confidence and rilunch outs in the team he will turn out a sound player.

The problem we have in Scotland is that fans are looking for a young player to be the finished article and they don't get time to adjust to the first team.

I think Darnell could develop into a half decent RB. He's young and athletic, just needs coached on how to play his position properly.  Whether Tommy is the man to do that is another question, although Callum should be drilling it into him. If he signed at the end of the season I wouldn't  be too downhearted. He had a bad game at Motherwell and has been caught out of position a few times but EVERY single person in that team has had shockers at some point. I think in a couple of years, with a bit of decent coaching he'd be worth a few pounds.

I think Darnell could develop into a half decent RB. He's young and athletic, just needs coached on how to play his position properly.  Whether Tommy is the man to do that is another question, although Callum should be drilling it into him. If he signed at the end of the season I wouldn't  be too downhearted. He had a bad game at Motherwell and has been caught out of position a few times but EVERY single person in that team has had shockers at some point. I think in a couple of years, with a bit of decent coaching he'd be worth a few pounds.

No No No.

The kid can't win it would seem, he tries to play the right way and willing to get forward but that's not good enough. He was the best defender on the park against aberdeen.  The big guy that plays LB is just slow, poor touch and gets caught up the park lots but seems to avoid any criticism. You need to play your way out of poor form, not take 5 touches and hoof it up the park. 

Fischer and the other young wide guy should be starting.