The ghost of Jim Morton

I like most have a kind of loyalty to sportscene as it was to thing to watch for scottish football in the past, but it has become some cruel joke now. Been poor for a while, but this season is by far worse than anything before. It's not even worth bothering with now :(

Obviously i want to see saints, but I want to see the other team too and the what 3-4 minutes? for half the league is a joke.

surely the spfl clubs must watch that and must/should be asking what the hell is that?!

clubs get sponsorship from being visible nationwide and to get 45 seconds, if that, airtime from an 'impartial' national broadcaster is a scam.

im sure you could give the highlights to any random station and stipulate that each team must be on for X minutes and the clubs would end up no worse off.

Is it time to call time on Sportscene? Hopefully not, but unless it changes and gets the production it deserves, I think we are seeing the final fling of a national iconic institution.

Frustraiting, as the solution is simple, make highlights available earlier, could even be just the basics on a Saturday evening/night, even on BBC 2 or Alba and have a decent 1 hour long show on a Sunday to round it all up. No fuss, no gimmicks just plain simple highlights and minimal talk.

What is the point in the pundits now anyway?  The only repeat what the west coast media spout anyway.  If I wanted a biased opinion I'd just read the tabloids! 

The clubs should stand up for themselves and negotiate to do their own highlights.  This week Ross's video was better than the BBC's anyway.  Get another student/graduate in to do a proper weekly highlights programme with commentary, interviews and analysis alongside the great stuff that Ross does already.  Support local employment, use social media to get it to the punters.  There are folk champing at the bit for opportunities like this, and the club already seems to be acting on this, having Ollie do the match previews, someone doing the commentary for the u20s matches (really well too) etc.

If the SFA/SPFL are adamant that the highlights should be exclusive to the BBC then they should demonstrate a better standard of product IMO.

Edited by montrosesaintee

I'DXve was waiting ear the 'experts' view on whether it should have been a red card or not.......nothing! That guy that hosts it would lucky if he could list the teams in the SPFL 

Can't get rid of this without posting. The quote button is driving me mad. Cagey not Edstar.

BBC said see all the highlight from Scottish premiership on BBC sport Scotland. Can't see Saints. Can I sue under trades description ?.

Believe it or not, this is their highlights package.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/34690331

less than 3 minutes covering 3 games, and half of that was stupid hallow'een related graphics.

Edited by montrosesaintee