Top Six

Cagerf

The odds above are misleading. If Patrick and Dundee both win their final two games (granted it's unlikely) and we take a point off Killie, Motherwell won't be in top 6 if they lose to Celtic. How that equates to 100% for Motherwell is beyond me. I wouldn't put our odds at as high as 98.7% either, although hopefully they will be 100% after t

Would be just like Saints to be top 6 nearly all season & lose it in last game. 

It will be a financial disaster if we don't make the top six. Instead of two home games against a couple of Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee (potentially 14,000 to 16,000 combined crowd if things fell our way), you'd be looking at Killie and likely one of the Highland clubs or Accies and less than 5,000 fans. That must potentially be six figures, then you have the prize money.

Saturday's game worth possibly £200k or £300k to Saints.

All in our own hands and if we don't get top 6, then it's because we don't deserve it. Plain and simple. Think we'll need the win as I can see certainly Dundee winning and given that both County and Thistle will both need the win, then can see a winner for one of them there.

We are certainly in a strong position. Would rather be in our shoes than Partick. Wouldn't want to be going up to Dingwall knowing you need a win to have any chance and hoping Saints drop something v Killie or Dundee loose to Hamilton.

We could/should if we win on Saturday go into the split in 4th and let's be honest, would have taken that before a ball was kicked this season.

It will be a financial disaster if we don't make the top six. Instead of two home games against a couple of Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee (potentially 14,000 to 16,000 combined crowd if things fell our way), you'd be looking at Killie and likely one of the Highland clubs or Accies and less than 5,000 fans. That must potentially be six figures, then you have the prize money.

Agree completely. Win bonus for this should be huge.

Surely a draw does v Killie unless there is a huge score from Thistle?

If we can't get the draw then we don't deserve top six.

You are correct.  Also by the time we play Killie we will know the Motherwell v Celtic result.  If Celtic have scraped a win then a draw drops Motherwell right in it, they will be the ones to drop out of the top six in the not unlikely event of Dundee and Partick both winning.  And the best way to secure a draw - play to win!

Saints will win, simple as.. The other teams can do what the phuck they want. It won't matter  to us because we WILL win..  Motherwell dropping out would be hilarious after all the shite in the press in the last few days saying how brilliant  Mutley is and  how they are looking for European fitba..

I have faith in the players and the management of St.Johnstone.. I will be there to cheer and urge them on to victory.. As many fans as possible should be  heading down for this one..

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

I think we are talking about more than that if it is £100k a place. The bottom 6 would only give us 2 home games against teams that dont bring supporters.

At least a point is a must at Killie or season will end in disaster.

Racking my brain about the current Kilmarnock Squad/team and I think they are not a tall midfield if I do remember correctly, so Muzz may not be missed as much here.

I would keep our strongest back four at the minute which is Fischer Joe Scobbie Easton. midfield I would go with a 5 of Swanson, Spooner, Cummings Lappin, Craig. and Kano  up front, Cummings in the slightly forward of the central midfielder but would give a bit of height in there also pushing in behind Kane.

Reckon that's the top six winning team 3-1 saints.   

I think we are talking about more than that if it is £100k a place. The bottom 6 would only give us 2 home games against teams that dont bring supporters.

At least a point is a must at Killie or season will end in disaster.

The game this weekend must be worth a potential half a million to us with position money and gate takings. 

Racking my brain about the current Kilmarnock Squad/team and I think they are not a tall midfield if I do remember correctly, so Muzz may not be missed as much here.

I would keep our strongest back four at the minute which is Fischer Joe Scobbie Easton. midfield I would go with a 5 of Swanson, Spooner, Cummings Lappin, Craig. and Kano  up front, Cummings in the slightly forward of the central midfielder but would give a bit of height in there also pushing in behind Kane.

Reckon that's the top six winning team 3-1 saints.   

Height should not matter, it is a cracking surface so the ball should be on the ground more than in the air.