Pre season friendlies

Havana Saint

Guest ScottMann

Got told by a very, very, very reliable source that this game was a total mistake by Man City.

Pep was updating the admin suits on recent progress and said that a swap with Everton was soon to be finalised. 'We send them Joe Hart and then we get sent John Stones next Wednesday.' 'What was that last bit?' the fixtures officer asked the guy next to him .'I wasn't really listening but I'm sure he said get St Johnstone next Wednesday'. 'Ok, I'm on to it'

True story.

Scottish Premiership side, St Johnstone FC are in town (Wednesday 3 August) ready to take on Pep Guardiola's Manchester City 'behind closed doors' pre-season friendly.

No spectators will be allowed to attend the 7,000-capacity Academy Stadium, and we've just heard, (seconds prior to publication) reporters / media are not allowed to attend the stadium on what can be described as a 90-minute training session.

We understand the match will kick off at 5pm BST.

We at Vital Manchester City will keep an eye on numerous media outlets, including the official City and St Johnstone websites, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram feeds and if we see any reports, images or anything related to the game we'll hope to bring it you as soon as they are available.

Read more: http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=569378#ixzz4GHjVw2DI

Guest ScottMann

Scottish Premiership side, St Johnstone FC are in town (Wednesday 3 August) ready to take on Pep Guardiola's Manchester City 'behind closed doors' pre-season friendly.

No spectators will be allowed to attend the 7,000-capacity Academy Stadium, and we've just heard, (seconds prior to publication) reporters / media are not allowed to attend the stadium on what can be described as a 90-minute training session.

We understand the match will kick off at 5pm BST.

We at Vital Manchester City will keep an eye on numerous media outlets, including the official City and St Johnstone websites, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram feeds and if we see any reports, images or anything related to the game we'll hope to bring it you as soon as they are available.

Read more: http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=569378#ixzz4GHjVw2DI

Ah thanks. I'd heard City were keeping it all as hush hush as possible for some reason but thought it was a lunchtime or afternoon kick off. 

Guest ScottMann

Pretty sure I passed a dochertys coach on the M6 at 4.30ish today couldn't get a proper look but it did look like the saints players hint of some blue training tops as I drove past, heading north towards Carlisle 

If they weren't crying that can only be positive.