St. Johnstone v Kilmarnock - Saturday, 2nd December 2017

PanamaSaint

I've read a Chris Millar comment that the crash happened "about 10 cars in front of our car pool"

TW says other players made it on time from the same area.

If they left 20 seconds before the other guys then yeah, they probably did.

The other car missed it by 5 seconds. The accident happened about 12.30pm they've to be at McDiarmid for 1.30pm. So basically Tommy Wright is bang out of order having a go at the players. 

Some of the fans reaction is way over the top. How many people on here leave for their work hours before they are meant to arrive? 

The other car missed it by 5 seconds. The accident happened about 12.30pm they've to be at McDiarmid for 1.30pm. So basically Tommy Wright is bang out of order having a go at the players. 

Some of the fans reaction is way over the top. How many people on here leave for their work hours before they are meant to arrive? 

Last statement exactly, folk on the wider web demanding we sack Foster for it. How many folk get told to turn up at 9 in the morning for work and respond by arriving at 7? Even then they'd still have been late if they'd been caught in that traffic

I was there.....grim, grim fare.  I had no idea about the Foster/ MOH situation, but with hindsight, the team certainly appeared to have a cloud over them.  

Don't quite see why Muzz and Paton are getting so mutch stick, killie would over run Saints without their contribution.  Both work hard to help the defence, contantly bailing out the full backs.   Both full backs seem to be searching for any kind of rhythm to their play, considering the Mackay/Easton dominant performances that were such an impressive feature of Tommy's tenure, this is a big miss and possibly the most significant factor in this misfiring formation.  Strikers fairly anonymous, with Steven McLean's game becoming increasingly characterised by an economy of movement.

Contrast this with the performance of killie, who bossed the 2nd half all over the pitch, and were worthy winners in a division where fine margins often settle the destintation of the points. 

This is going to be a long hard season......

Really don't know the rules about when a player is supposed to arrive on match day, but I would have thought a full time professional football player would be parking his car on match day a 12pm at the very latest, especially if things are not going well on the pitch, anything less is rank amateurism.  1.30? an hour and a half before kick off?  Not good enough imo. I can absolutely see where Tommy is coming from.   Is it really unreasonable to expect a professional 'team' to have lunch together and prepare for the immediate challenge ahead?  I wonder if this has been an issue that has irked TW for some time and yesterday was the last straw.  

I remember when Paul Sturrock came to Saints he shook all that poor practice out of the dressing room, full time players should be full time and should be in early and ready to work no exceptions, no excuses....it served him and the club well.

If the players are told to be at McD by 1.30 then it sounds to me as though Foster and co have done nothing wrong.  In my experience of the A9 they have left in plenty time and but for this tragic accident would have been at the ground well before 1.30.  The fault lies with whoever told them to be there by 1.30.

If the players are told to be at McD by 1.30 then it sounds to me as though Foster and co have done nothing wrong.  In my experience of the A9 they have left in plenty time and but for this tragic accident would have been at the ground well before 1.30.  The fault lies with whoever told them to be there by 1.30.

I get the point about rules but they are not school kids, professionals should be a bit better than that, turning up  with barely an hour to spare before kick off is just not good enough, and leaves the manager having to behave like a school teacher listening to excuses.....how unedifying.

Edited by Smarmy Arab

This whole thing confuses me as someone who was held up by the crash and knew nothing about it until we reached the keir roundabout. 

The accident happened at 12.30ish there were no cars on the a9 in the queue behind the accident at 2.20 when we passed it. Some stories suggest the players did not arrive until 3.40 which was after us and we never left alloa until 2pm. 

When did they actually get to the ground? 

Like I said on an earlier post. I can't believe a professional club leave it up to the players to get there in time for kick off. Do they leave them to get a carry out of burger & chips for lunch.

We have our own catering staff so the players should be there before 12 to have a light lunch & time for a team talk.

Really don't know the rules about when a player is supposed to arrive on match day, but I would have thought a full time professional football player would be parking his car on match day a 12pm at the very latest, especially if things are not going well on the pitch, anything less is rank amateurism.  1.30? an hour and a half before kick off?  Not good enough imo. I can absolutely see where Tommy is coming from.   Is it really unreasonable to expect a professional 'team' to have lunch together and prepare for the immediate challenge ahead?  I wonder if this has been an issue that has irked TW for some time and yesterday was the last straw.  

I remember when Paul Sturrock came to Saints he shook all that poor practice out of the dressing room, full time players should be full time and should be in early and ready to work no exceptions, no excuses....it served him and the club well.

Tommy controls it. If he's ever been unhappy about it he's had five years to change it. Taking it out on the players is just childish

Killie  fans got to Perth in plenty of time. We really are cutting it fine, if we are asking players to turn up 90 mins before kick off. I would have thought they were there from noon. Smacks of poor prep. Prepare together, play together.

Theres plenty of Kilmarnock fans complaining about only making it by half time

Guest ScottMann

Is this 1.30 time now gospel just because someone mentioned it on the internet? If they were 30 minutes away at 12.40 then they were obviously scheduled to arrive in plenty of time then.

Surprised to hear the crash happened at 12.45 as i hit the Kier roundabout at about 2pm and had heard nothing about it on the news or radio. If I'd known I'd have gone via the Kincardine bridge instead of the random single track road i ended up on north of Dunblane. I presumed it had just happened. When i passed the motorway i could see a dozen or so arctics but didnt see a line of cars on the actual A9. 

Screenshot_20171203-122559.png

Holly shit..   let's focus on this.  This is form merits the sack if no improvement before Jan break/transfer window.  Do you give TW time to bring in his standard dud loan signings and drift into the Championship or get a new gaffer with his dud signings that might retain top league status?   

TW losing the plot criticising travel arrangements... gets us fans distracted. Should look at himself first for lack of performances and points. I've not enjoyed 1 game this season so far!

Holly shit..   let's focus on this.  This is form merits the sack if no improvement before Jan break/transfer window.  Do you give TW time to bring in his standard dud loan signings and drift into the Championship or get a new gaffer with his dud signings that might retain top league status?   

TW losing the plot criticising travel arrangements... gets us fans distracted. Should look at himself first for lack of performances and points. I've not enjoyed 1 game this season so far!

Neither have I. There is a complete lack of atmosphere and apathy about the place. I'm fed up going and I have been at nearly every home match for over 40 years.

Tommy controls it. If he's ever been unhappy about it he's had five years to change it. Taking it out on the players is just childish

Maybe TW is feeling the pressure.  I did not hear the pre match interview, but I heard he was furious, with the individuals concerned.  TW never struck me as a man who would needlessly criticise his players for a piece of bad luck.  Perhaps the individual(s) concerned were needing a bollocking, it would appear the certainly got one!