Player contracts and transfers

David123

I don't know how player contracts really work, but to get Mannus and May in particular on longer contracts would make us a lot of money. Mannus will be at a big premiership side soon, he's that good.

With him being 31 already i have my doubts about that.

I know Keepers play a lot longer but I cant see a Premiership team taking a risk on throwing a 31 year old GK from Saints into their team

Personally, I'd be using some of the extra cash to secure the lads we do have on longer contracts rather than waiting until the end of the season to open negotiations. We aren't going to get relegated so we don't need to fear having players tied down for longer than a season.

Completely agree.

Get may signed up for another year.

Not sure wright and manus would agree to another year at the moment. But definitely worth a try!!

Gary McDonald was slated by fans of his previous clubs on here and P&B but he has been excellent for

The margins in professional football are small. A good player can look shocking in one team and excel in another.

Except Dyron Daal.

us

Gary McDonald was slated by fans of his previous clubs on here and P&B but he has been excellent for us

Disagree, while he's not been poor he's been a weak link in the side and when we finally put in a poor performance he will stick out like a sore thumb

Gonna agree with this, thought he got caught in possession too much vs Hearts and I don't know what he brings to the team, more so if we are chasing a game like against Minsk.

Saints have taken former England youth international and current Peterborough attacker Nicky Ajose on trial.

Makes you wonder about Stevie May!!

Tommy's been looking for an additional striker. It's only a trial but the likes of him and Kitchen show that he's looking for youth / long-term instead of quick fixes - which is great IMHO

Tommy's been looking for an additional striker. It's only a trial but the likes of him and Kitchen show that he's looking for youth / long-term instead of quick fixes - which is great IMHO

Agreed, we need an additional Striker. Three is simply not enough for an entire season. (Counting Nige as a winger)

Despite the comment that this trial and the interest in Stevie May are not linked, I think TW must be aware that there is a possibility that May could be gone before the transfer window closes, and he might therefore need two strikers in.  The fact that this guy is a Peterborough may well be a coincidence.

How difficult is it to speculate about May without using the expression 'May may'?!

Despite the comment that this trial and the interest in Stevie May are not linked, I think TW must be aware that there is a possibility that May could be gone before the transfer window closes, and he might therefore need two strikers in.  The fact that this guy is a Peterborough may well be a coincidence.

How difficult is it to speculate about May without using the expression 'May may'?!

Not very :neutral: