Player contracts and transfers

David123

A friend was in the City Mills on Tues night & he was talking to 2 Irish lads who said they were over for a trial with Saints. They weren't from the top tier but the 2nd division & were a centre-half & a left winger. He was also told by a member of staff that the hotel manager, a Greek guy, is a pal of Steve Brown & has handed in his resignation as he's replacing Paul Smith at McD Park. Don't know how true this is but time will tell.

I can confirm 100%, the Guvnor of the City Mills is indeed a Greek looking bloke, and he is definitely a friend of Steve Browns.

As for the rest of this post - no idea !!!

A friend was in the City Mills on Tues night & he was talking to 2 Irish lads who said they were over for a trial with Saints. They weren't from the top tier but the 2nd division & were a centre-half & a left winger. He was also told by a member of staff that the hotel manager, a Greek guy, is a pal of Steve Brown & has handed in his resignation as he's replacing Paul Smith at McD Park. Don't know how true this is but time will tell.

I think two Irish boys are on the wind up!

Its in todays PA that the Manager of the Mercure Hotel will be working with Saints so they were bang on.

Do people actually buy the PA? :o ha. I have a question... is he a supporter of the club?? - was he in charge of that hotel when the Ramada Chain went into administration? bye saints :(

On a serious note. Good luck to him! Always good to have fresh thinking.

I was more meaning the two players training with the club.

Was it Paddy and Mick?

Hope it was, would be great to see them sign!

Haber was never the same after his injury. Although he never really looked sure what he was meant to be doing. Incredibly raw player but had the attributes, would rather we had tried to develop him a bit more.

Think we are still in talks with Vigurs but I can't see us moving for Harkins. Kilmarnock have put a £25k price tag on his head

I can confirm 100%, the Guvnor of the City Mills is indeed a Greek looking bloke, and he is definitely a friend of Steve Browns.

As for the rest of this post - no idea !!!

So he was right about the City Mills manager becoming GM at McD. My friend isn't a Saints fan so if the 2 Irish guys were trying to wind him up they were wasting their time.

Just received a text from a cornwall buisness associate saying that Jody is heading back to St Johnstone anyone heard anything today?

I heard last week a tale of a saintee coming home but it was not Jody.

Not heard anything, but I wouldn't be at all surprised. I don't think we've got a central player like him and he would likely do well in a 3. Money may be the stumbling block, but I'd be happy to see him back.

Not heard anything, but I wouldn't be at all surprised. I don't think we've got a central player like him and he would likely do well in a 3. Money may be the stumbling block, but I'd be happy to see him back.

As was discussed previously on another thread, and I believe was evident yesterday when he came on, we have a player in Cregg that is, in my opinion, as good as Jody would be at this late stage in his career.

Simon lappin just been release by Norwich and roumoured it's because it's family wanted to move back to Scotland

Dunno if we'd be able to afford him but would be a great replacement for the left midfield role. I know Barry Douglas my be out of our teach but I hope Lomas is atleast enquiring about him. Think he'd be a great signing as he is out of contract at the end of the season and can play LB or LM.

Wright and McCracken are apparently close to signing new contracts along with 1 other, according to the excellent unofficial twitter feed. We'd be a left back short of a defence for next season.

In my opinion this defence needs added to if we are keeping most of them. Have hardly had a clean sheet all season. Needs pace.