St Johnstone v Aberdeen 08/08/20

tucker

1 hour ago, Melbourne Saint said:

Yes there is. It can take up to 14 days for Covid to be identified. There is a cluster at the club. By law, anyone who may have been in close contact needs to quarantine. How do you think 8 players suddenly popped up? They get tested frequently. 14 days- maybe more for it to show. By law, sevco should be quarantined. 

Yes and the Aberdeen players had been tested for the 14 days prior to the Rangers game, if not longer, hence why they all had negative results and were allowed to play, that's literally the whole reason the seasons going ahead. There is absolutely no reason for Rangers to isolate, Aberdeen had negative tests for weeks prior to them meeting and only afterwards was there a positive test. 

The Aberdeen player was tested positive on the Tuesday, 3 days after going out in Aberdeen, hence why they're now isolating. It's not difficult to understand, they weren't testing positive before the Rangers game of the 4 weeks before it. Also it's not law!

I’d be surprised if they actually shut down  football. It is technically shut down from a public perspective.  

There’s been an outbreak in pubs and pubs are still open. we’re just taking localised action. 

with the testing going on in football, any mini outbreaks can be caught quickly. 

8 hours ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Celtic player having a wee break in Spain. One more slip and they'll suspend the season.

That's two Celtic players known to have broken the rules now. Unless something is done about this, right across the league, it's quickly going to become impossible for the football season to continue.

24 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

That's two Celtic players known to have broken the rules now. Unless something is done about this, right across the league, it's quickly going to become impossible for the football season to continue.

9 hours ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Celtic player having a wee break in Spain. One more slip and they'll suspend the season.

Who are these players, do we know what the circumstances were, are they injured for example?  

44 minutes ago, Center Half said:

Who are these players, do we know what the circumstances were, are they injured for example?  

Leigh Griffiths had a party at his house for his girlfriend, Boli Bolingoli went to Spain for mini-break and failed to quarantine on return.  I don't think either are injured, although Griffiths arguably still not fit.

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Wallace said:

Leigh Griffiths had a party at his house for his girlfriend, Boli Bolingoli went to Spain for mini-break and failed to quarantine on return.  I don't think either are injured, although Griffiths arguably still not fit.

Hear the Scottish Government looking to pause the season , hammer the bastards

10 hours ago, Bruno Strasser said:

Government would be well within their rights to pause the season to be honest. Aside from the 8 Aberdeen players, there is Griffiths and now Bollingolli. If players cannot be trusted........

I doubt they'd 'end' the season, but I wonder how far into the season you'd need to be to declare a champion if/when the season is ended? Only when their is not enough time to restart it or over a certain number of games?

Like with the Aberdeen players, should Celtic have other players having to isolate that have been in contact with him? I know there is a 15 minute rule, but he must have got a bus/car to Rugby park and shared a changing room.....

2 hours ago, TheYellowBox said:

Government would be well within their rights to pause the season to be honest. Aside from the 8 Aberdeen players, there is Griffiths and now Bollingolli. If players cannot be trusted........

I doubt they'd 'end' the season, but I wonder how far into the season you'd need to be to declare a champion if/when the season is ended? Only when their is not enough time to restart it or over a certain number of games?

Like with the Aberdeen players, should Celtic have other players having to isolate that have been in contact with him? I know there is a 15 minute rule, but he must have got a bus/car to Rugby park and shared a changing room.....

I don't entirely agree with this - the ramifications on suspending or ending the season would be catastrophic for the proffessional game and football clubs throught Scotland. The loss of the SKY contract would have a major impact on every club in the land.

The tools are there for these clubs to manage this situation as long as they abide by the regulations. I firmly believe that the SFA  should hammer offending clubs  - points deductions - this would bring it home loud and clear the penalty for offenders.

Also got to realise how difficult this is for younger players who like going out and enjoying the social life they would normally be entitled to. We are asking these guys to do their job but not enjoy the limited faccilites afforded to the rest of society.

Blimey. Saint Nicola fair fuming, so she is.

Says she is showing the yellow card, red will follow unless footy gets its act together. Talks on-going, announcement later today.

”As a minimum, Celtic and Aberdeen should not expect to play any games this week”.

Lots and lots of possible repercussions here. Bolingoli likely to face police action. Did Celtic field an ineligible player? Who has he been in contact with?Fixture chaos - should the season be restructured now? Is this more or less likely to see stadia opening?

I have ordered more popcorn.

Edited by Abernethy Saint

This is a farce. Celtic & Aberdeen should be punished for this. If the season is cancelled, some clubs could go out of business, people will lose jobs, all because these overpaid players who don’t have to worry about their own job prospects, couldn’t be bothered to stick by the rules.

The rules about how to deal with this should’ve been agreed before the season started to avoid this. The players have potentially put people’s lives at risk.

The agreement should’ve been: point deduction for any team involved, player suspensions for any players involved (including fine)

1 minute ago, Linky said:

This is a farce. Celtic & Aberdeen should be punished for this. If the season is cancelled, some clubs could go out of business, people will lose jobs, all because these overpaid players who don’t have to worry about their own job prospects, couldn’t be bothered to stick by the rules.

The rules about how to deal with this should’ve been agreed before the season started to avoid this. The players have potentially put people’s lives at risk.

The agreement should’ve been: point deduction for any team involved, player suspensions for any players involved (including fine)

Apparently SG have asked (amongst other things) for penalties to be clearly set out in advance in future. Unbelievable this isn’t already in place. Apparently, Saints could not pursue forfeiture and 3 points because there are no rules in place to allow it. Why not? 

I gave the League the benefit of the doubt over the ending of last season, mainly because it was funny as fek to see The People’s rage. But this has been an absolute shambles. Those of us who have had teenagers know you have to make rules and penalties very, very clear, and impose them when required. Did anyone really think young men with lots of money and few brains would all follow the rules unless aware of the consequences?

8 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Sturgeon has made a statement without thinking it through but hopefully the SPFL,CELTIC,Lawell with agree but I think they will persuad the JRG  to find a way round it.

What parts hasn’t she thought through, what is your evidence for that, and what would you have done differently?

8 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

What parts hasn’t she thought through, what is your evidence for that, and what would you have done differently?

It looks like she reacted to a question & I think it took Leitch by surprised as he wasn't able to agree with her after his discussion with managers/captains SPFL JRG.

The clubs will need clarification soon as there are games tomorrow involving Celtic & Aberdeen.

Theoretically Killie game can't go ahead either.

5 minutes ago, Abernethy Saint said:

Nicola's statement was crystal clear.  It seems, however, that nothing gets done until Nicola gives the matter a moment or two of her attention.  The Hootsmon reported this morning that Professor Leitch made it clear last night that the Aberdeen v Hamilton game was doubtful but nobody else had said boo before that.  This was before we knew about the Celtic moron.

The Hamilton game would have been in clear breach of the Aberdeen lockdown rules.  Why was this not made clear last week?  What does Joe Fitzpatrick do?  Its all very well Nicola being furious with a few stupid football players, perhaps she should give a few words of guidance to her ministers.

36 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Think the season should be null & void & started again in February if things are looking better. Whether it is a truncated season or running through next summer.

The uncertainty & risk can't go on as I am sure there will be more to come.

Well this is utter nonsense. You're expecting clubs at all level in Scotland to simply close down for 6 months whilst paying wages with no income. You'd be lucky to have 5/6 teams left at that rate, saints included!

The processes in place work, they're the same as in every other country which have managed this without failure. The only reason this is so stop start and truncated is because for some reason Scottish footballers haven't been as professional as other leagues. Given this is a final warning, I'd like to think that every single player and staff member now realises that they're jobs and livelihood are at stake if even one of them is out of line.

To null and void a season 2 games in and abandon the league for 6 months would be frankly ridiculous. 

After our preseason postponed game I questioned whether this is what the season would be like with cancelations galore. Its just about been confirmed that neither Celtic or Aberdeen will play midweek now and I presume their game at the weekend will be off as well. Imagine we had been due to play Celtic midweek instead of Rangers, we could have had a fortnight between matches at no fault of our own. Why was there no rules set out at the start. Unbelievable. 

Killie must be fuming, the game on Sunday has risked their players health. They played well for their point but surely this also counts as an ineligible player playing for Celtic.

Edited by Rob
Inaccuracy

1 hour ago, SaintJet said:

I don't entirely agree with this - the ramifications on suspending or ending the season would be catastrophic for the proffessional game and football clubs throught Scotland. The loss of the SKY contract would have a major impact on every club in the land.

The tools are there for these clubs to manage this situation as long as they abide by the regulations. I firmly believe that the SFA  should hammer offending clubs  - points deductions - this would bring it home loud and clear the penalty for offenders.

Also got to realise how difficult this is for younger players who like going out and enjoying the social life they would normally be entitled to. We are asking these guys to do their job but not enjoy the limited faccilites afforded to the rest of society.

I understand it would be catastrophic, but if the rules continue to get breached, whatbother option could there be. The players are in a privileged position. If they cannot see that they need to put their careers before a few nights out, then they don't frankly deserve to be a professional footballer.

Agree on your point that clubs will need yo be punished. I wasnt for Aberdeen to start with, but a totally, when you see what a mess postponed games will cause, then something needs to be done. I cannot believe that no one at Celtic knew the player was away to Spain for 4 days. Maybe not management, but surely the other players must have known. Someone must have asked him what he was doing with his 4 days off.

Sturgeon pretty much said that shed expect the clubs to be punished, but not a chance in hell the SPFL are going to go anywhere near Cektic with anything other than a token fine.

Clubs need to sit down ASAP and agree the rules and punishments going forward or we will not see any football beyond this month.