• Craig Bryson
    • Chris Kane
    • Glenn Middleton
    • David Wotherspoon
    • Murray Davidson
    • James Brown
    • Michael O'Halloran

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/28/2021 at 07:07 AM

3 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

Poll closes this Friday, quite close at the top!

Will have to go for Spoony above the others, what a season he has had.

Indeed Spoony has had a great Season ,

however as its M o M poll , I gave it to Booth an unsung hero , who's 2 crunching tackles started what proved to be the winner.

I never normally vote in these polls, kinda feel it’s not my place, but chipped in on this special occasion. 

Very hard to pick one, I went for Kane, what a performance!  Played like a lion up front, threw himself at everything and every one, bought half a dozen free kicks at crucial points in the game, (made Boyle look like a f*nny when he tried!) street wise, aggressive, no little skill, scared the sh*t out of Hibs defence for 90 mins. For the stick he has taken over the years, he stepped up and delivered one of his best displays in a Saints shirt. Most effective player on the park, with one of the most difficult roles.  Epitomised everything about the team performance.

Edited by Smarmy Arab

11 hours ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Indeed Spoony has had a great Season ,

however as its M o M poll , I gave it to Booth an unsung hero , who's 2 crunching tackles started what proved to be the winner.

I voted for Booth in the last final, he has been superb in his Hampden appearances. The Spoony chop sent a man into space NASA will be on the phone enquiring about his services.

9 hours ago, Smarmy Arab said:

I never normally vote in these polls, kinda feel it’s not my place, but chipped in on this special occasion. 

Very hard to pick one, I went for Kane, what a performance!  Played like a lion up front, threw himself at everything and every one, bought half a dozen free kicks at crucial points in the game, (made Boyle look like a f*nny when he tried!) street wise, aggressive, no little skill, scared the sh*t out of Hibs defence for 90 mins. For the stick he has taken over the years, he stepped up and delivered one of his best displays in a Saints shirt. Most effective player on the park, with one of the most difficult roles.  Epitomised everything about the team performance.

Well said Smarmy plenty on here and elsewhere have been giving the lad dogs abuse fir the last couple o years now hailing him Shame on them. 

Voted for Booth, but so hard to choose. The whole team was brilliant.

Also wanted to mention that I thought Craig Bryson had a fantastic game - he's such a calm head in the middle of the park and very rarely loses the ball. Really pleased he's staying with us next season.

I didn't want to actually vote in this one since there isn't a single player who doesn't deserve a vote from this game.

However, I voted for Spoony, solely because he deserves to win the whole thing this season and needs the points to ensure he's crowned WAP's player of the year, which I think he of all of our squad would cherish the most. Given the confidence issues he's previously had when the fans get on his back, to know that an entire fan base, who have watched pretty much every game has voted him their player of the season would probably mean the world to him and could even get even more out of him.

I don't know if there will be a player of the season this year (probably not), but at the very least Spoony should be made aware of his achievements this season and if that means WAP chipping in for a special trophy, then count me in!

4 hours ago, Linky said:

Booth has been incredible recently. Not sure what people see in Porteous, don’t think he’d get in our team.

Took up BBC Sport's invitation to pick the best team from the two cup final squads.  Thought carefully about each position and strangely ended up with 11 Saints.

3 hours ago, Widge said:

I don't know if there will be a player of the season this year (probably not), but at the very least Spoony should be made aware of his achievements this season and if that means WAP chipping in for a special trophy, then count me in!

There was one, I believe Muzz snaffled it never for it to be seen again. Ghostie spent a good deal of time chasing it up. Think the young player trophy went to the lower leagues in England.

Went for Kane.

He must have won 6 or 7 fouls in the last 20 mins alone. His ability to do that, move us up the park and take the pressure off was invaluable. 

I’ve been saying it all season, I don’t think there’s anyone better in the league at drawing fouls. 

Realistically, anyone could have won MOTM for this one though 

5 minutes ago, Pat McGroin said:

Went for Kane.

He must have won 6 or 7 fouls in the last 20 mins alone. His ability to do that, move us up the park and take the pressure off was invaluable. 

I’ve been saying it all season, I don’t think there’s anyone better in the league at drawing fouls. 

Realistically, anyone could have won MOTM for this one though 

Just needs a wee bit composure in front of goal. Hopefully Macca can work on him trying to place the ball & not try to burst the net.

6 hours ago, sixties saintee said:

Well said Smarmy plenty on here and elsewhere have been giving the lad dogs abuse fir the last couple o years now hailing him Shame on them. 

I'm with you sixtie; the lad plays his socks off every week and I've said it for years that no one realises the work he does off the ball. Great Saint and im chuffed to bits he signed another contract.