St Johnstone v Dundee 26/01/22

tucker

2 hours ago, Saintdunc said:

Sligo player of the year last season with 100 games under his belt, confident in his ability and raring to go, if you say so!

I'm not saying its the decision I'd make, just saying they'll maybe not chuck him in until hes actually settled in and knows all his team mates names.

12 minutes ago, Cagey said:

3 points further behind St Mirren.

St Mirren are completely irrelevant.

The only other teams point tally we need to care about is Dundees. Anyone above them is already too far ahead to catch and anyone dreaming of finishing 10th or above are utterly deluded. We'd genuinely need to hit title winning form to be gaining 7+ points on the likes of County.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

The only other teams point tally we need to care about is Dundees. Anyone above them is already too far ahead to catch and anyone dreaming of finishing 10th or above are utterly deluded. We'd genuinely need to hit title winning form to be gaining 7+ points on the likes of County.

I’m pretty sure mathematically we can still win the league ….. but yes you’re right we can still get relegated as well 

I know I’m probably sounding like a drama queen but I honestly think our season ends if we lose tonight.

I can’t see us gaining 5 points on them in the remainder of the seasons games.

If we can nick an early goal then I think we might see a different team, if we go behind then I fear heads will drop and we will play long ball after long ball building no pressure on them.

COYS

2 hours ago, pezza70 said:

I know I’m probably sounding like a drama queen but I honestly think our season ends if we lose tonight.

I can’t see us gaining 5 points on them in the remainder of the seasons games.

If we can nick an early goal then I think we might see a different team, if we go behind then I fear heads will drop and we will play long ball after long ball building no pressure on them.

COYS

Definitely. Defeat tonight and it is almost certainly over.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

Well I will adopt a glass half full approach as opposed to your half empty style.

Beat County the twice we have to play them is 6 points closer to them, match their other performances with the exception of one where we win and they draw or lose then we have overtaken their 7 point lead.

Do not think that would necessarily be title winning form.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

You had me worried for a while but I have just checked the league table and the two teams above Dundee are Ross County and Livingston not Barcelona and Bayern Munich.

22 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Well I will adopt a glass half full approach as opposed to your half empty style.

Beat County the twice we have to play them is 6 points closer to them, match their other performances with the exception of one where we win and they draw or lose then we have overtaken their 7 point lead.

County will likely win, at least, another 4 games.

We'd have to win 6 of our next 17 games just to match them, and that's ignoring any draws they pick up. We can probably only afford to lose about 5 games for the rest of the season.

I'd be far more optimistic about that if their were any hints at all we were a better side than them, but they're quite clearly far better at everything.

Edited by RandomGuy