Post Split

Cagey

8 minutes ago, Templar Saint said:

Checking home and away matches played against rest of bottom six then these should be our fixtures:

Home:

Aberdeen

Hibernian

and St Mirren

Away:

Livingston

Dundee

I think we are only entitled to 2 home games to make it 19  home and 19 away.

Was worried that we have to play Aberdeen and Hibs after the split, but then realise they're in the bottom 6 for a reason.

Won't be easy, but if we put today's result behind us and get back to recent form, we might stay up.

If not, it's a while since I had a day out in Ayr!

8 hours ago, Shipa said:

Was worried that we have to play Aberdeen and Hibs after the split, but then realise they're in the bottom 6 for a reason.

Won't be easy, but if we put today's result behind us and get back to recent form, we might stay up.

You might have to get used tae it if we don't pull our finger out

8 hours ago, Shipa said:

If we are relying on recent form we are doomed. We stole 6 points in our last two games.

Since we got knocked out of Europe can you think of a game this season where we played well.

6 hours ago, Cagey said:

We will have to wait and see when Sky want the OF game and Saints v Dundee game.

Story is SPFL and the Polis don't want the OF game to decide the league mathematically.  That being the case the only date which avoids that scenario is 23rd April, first post split fixture. 

If Sky want our game v Dundee they would probably want it later since being a decider for the playoff spot would add to its value.

7 hours ago, Cagey said:

If we are relying on recent form we are doomed. We stole 6 points in our last two games.

Since we got knocked out of Europe can you think of a game this season where we played well.

Stole 6 points Christ and here was me thinking we got them by scoring more goals than the team we were playing. Hopefully the thieves don't get caught and steal us another 6 or more during the last 5 games. 

55 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Dundee v Saints first game after split.

Should be a sell out and good Saints support.

Hope we baws oot for this one as a win would put us a long way to safety. Unfortunately Davidson will play for a 0_0.

2 hours ago, Cagey said:

Dundee v Saints first game after split.

If we beat Dundee on the 23rd we could be playing St Mirren for 10th position on goal difference on the 30th.

Forgotten about the Celtic result already you will note but I do have 75 years experience of blanking out bad games.

On 4/10/2022 at 8:18 AM, Cagey said:

What a load of bollocks we won the Motherwell game by keeping going for 90+ minutes and got the desired and deserved result. Livi game we scored early and very effectively “parked the bus” for 80+ minutes. Yes,  Livi game was eye bleedingly boring but certainly not stealing the points both wins justified.