Sack the Manager?

Shibbydoo

Sack the Manager?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Linky said:

From what I've heard, the Chairman is backing him even if we go down. He'll have the chance to get us promoted again.

There will be a mutiny if we lose our first couple of games in the Championship using the current system. Davidson would struggle to get from the stadium to his car I imagine 

7 hours ago, Linky said:

From what I've heard, the Chairman is backing him even if we go down. He'll have the chance to get us promoted again.

He better spend the entire summer learning a new, entertaining, goalscoring way to play football then.

Or I won't be spending a single penny more on St Johnstone.

5 hours ago, dave mc said:

Hope the door doesnae catch ye, on the way oot 

This is a bigger issue than you think. A lot of folk are sick of the football we’re playing. 3 of us also not renewing if he’s still in post. 

I don’t make many games, maybe 5-6 per year but I still buy my ST out of loyalty. That loyalty has been pushed too far with the board meekly accepting this horrific brand of football. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

This is a bigger issue than you think. A lot of folk are sick of the football we’re playing. 3 of us also not renewing if he’s still in post. 

I don’t make many games, maybe 5-6 per year but I still buy my ST out of loyalty. That loyalty has been pushed too far with the board meekly accepting this horrific brand of football. 

I could accept the awful football if it was actually producing results. It's the fact that it doesn't even do that that makes it so baffling that Davidson insists on sticking with it.

The club hardly ever seems to announce its attendances any more (which I'm surprised by, as I thought they had to), but I'd be pretty curious to know how many paying customers are actually still coming through the gates for our home matches. I'm convinced our crowds only still look fairly healthy purely because we had a surge in season ticket purchases last summer from people who wanted to thank the double winners, get priority access to the European games and give the club some financial backing after the Covid shutdown.

If Davidson is still in charge for the new season - even if we stay up - I think the club is going to see a huge plummet in season ticket sales and we could have games where we struggle to get 2,000 bums on seats. Surely that's got to be a worry for them?

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Surely that's got to be a worry for them?

I like to believe that Steve Brown has watched enough football to surely realise how bad this current fare is. Forget results, he can't actually be enjoying what he is watching? 

I think the only remaining support for this manager is from the uber loyal and contrarians. You can't rely on the running any business when you have reached that stage. 

I genuinely never thought I'd say this but I see no option but CD leaving now.

I'll never boo the guy and will be forever thankful for last season, but between our style of play, dreadful transfer dealings and the squad looking in a mess this summer I have zero faith he can turn this around.

Some would argue that we have lost key players to injury as well as losing two of our best players in McCann and Kerr, but CD has been given ample ability to invest to bring in a quality of player that can keep us in the league. The fact McCann hasn't been replaced is criminal- any manger that thinks MacPherson, Crawford or a deeper sitting Muzz is up to the task isn't doing the job he is paid to do. I'd have a former player like Jason Holt doing that job a million times over as opposed to what we've got.

A good manager has a base to work with here. I think there is 6/7 players that can do a job at this level, but I'm afraid I just don't trust CD to do the rebuild- no matter what league we are in. Of the new signings I think a couple of them will be successes if allowed to be.... that's not happening with this manager and these tactics.

On 5/7/2022 at 12:23 PM, Shibbydoo said:

Today is his last chance for me.

Has to be positive changes made to the starting lineup, I'm sure he's said it himself this week in the press but to be honest I've stopped reading St Johnstone news for the first time in 35 years, so couldn't be sure. That's how bad things are.

Different players in the hope of a different attitude is at least a first step.

More of the same and I'm afraid that all but confirms he's no good at his job.

Having just read Hagiography  and been reminded of what a once athletic Saints team was like - Ormond had them sprinting the considerable length of Muirton multiple times with only short breaks along the way. Saints teams in the 60's were blurs. More fitness and a nouveaux Henry Hall please, how about Stevie May reprising 2014? 

My worry is that if we have a couple of decent results and stay in the league Davidson will be kept on. If our season ended up as it did with Clark ,McCart ,Rooney and Hendry etc what will it be like without them . We will have a load of dross plus whatever Davidson brings in but his record up to now is poor.

11 minutes ago, Cagey said:

My worry is that if we have a couple of decent results and stay in the league Davidson will be kept on. If our season ended up as it did with Clark ,McCart ,Rooney and Hendry etc what will it be like without them . We will have a load of dross plus whatever Davidson brings in but his record up to now is poor.

It's not a worry. It's what will happen.