Sack the Manager?

Shibbydoo

Sack the Manager?  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, mainstand said:

lots of comments on players ages but look at some of the players that have transferred between clubs in Scotland and abroad over the last few years that were into their 30s and have done well

Weir at rangers 35

Moravcik Celtic  33

McGregor to Rangers 36

Marshall to Hibs 37

Ronaldo Man Utd 

agreen we need to bring in young players but just because a player is over 30 does not mean to say they are on the scrap heap.

Have you been in a coma Cagey? Weir and Moravcik weren’t in the last few years!! Surely nearer 20 years ago! 

Shagger and Marshall, both top keepers, lifespan of a keeper is way longer than an outfield player. 

The other one just happens to be one of the most dedicated and unbelievable athletes ever to wear studs. Might as well chuck Ibrahimovic on to that list too, for all the relevance it has at our level! 

edit - just checked, Moravcik joined Celtic in the same year Scotland last attended a World Cup and Weir was 2007!! 

Edited by Pat McGroin

Unfortunately, we can debate the merits or not of the recruitment of players but until we have new coaches, we will never see what these players could be.  How often has a new recruit been played in their correct position and looked good?  Butterfield, even Crawford but always for a very short period of time.  Hallberg looked good but recent games not so.  Is this because of where he is playing or is he no good?  So many questions but until we change the coaching staff, we'll never know.  Bad recruitment or bad coaching or worse both bad!

As far as age goes, I'm with if they're good enough, it doesn't matter.  I'm hoping Sinclair plays tonight and even two up front.  I'm not convinced Davidson will change even with nothing to lose.  

1 hour ago, Northern saint said:

Unfortunately, we can debate the merits or not of the recruitment of players but until we have new coaches, we will never see what these players could be.  How often has a new recruit been played in their correct position and looked good?  Butterfield, even Crawford but always for a very short period of time.  Hallberg looked good but recent games not so.  Is this because of where he is playing or is he no good?  So many questions but until we change the coaching staff, we'll never know.  Bad recruitment or bad coaching or worse both bad!

As far as age goes, I'm with if they're good enough, it doesn't matter.  I'm hoping Sinclair plays tonight and even two up front.  I'm not convinced Davidson will change even with nothing to lose.  

I think the problem with playing Sinclair is if he plays for us and then we sign another keeper he can then only play for one other club this season if he goes out on loan which I expect he will. I think the club will hope he gets a full seasons football. 

1 hour ago, Pat McGroin said:

Have you been in a coma Cagey? Weir and Moravcik weren’t in the last few years!! Surely nearer 20 years ago! 

Shagger and Marshall, both top keepers, lifespan of a keeper is way longer than an outfield player. 

The other one just happens to be one of the most dedicated and unbelievable athletes ever to wear studs. Might as well chuck Ibrahimovic on to that list too, for all the relevance it has at our level! 

edit - just checked, Moravcik joined Celtic in the same year Scotland last attended a World Cup and Weir was 2007!! 

I take enough flack on here without getting the blame for Mainstands ramblings.

1 hour ago, Northern saint said:

How often has a new recruit been played in their correct position and looked good?  Butterfield, even Crawford but always for a very short period of time.  Hallberg looked good but recent games not so.  Is this because of where he is playing or is he no good? 

Can’t ever remember Butterfield looking good, Crawford produced big moments last season but I’d still argue that he doesn’t do enough. Towards the tail end of last season Hallberg was used higher up and formed a pretty decent partnership with Rooney and Hendry on the right hand side. The manager has gone crazy on  attacking midfielders this summer, stunting Hallberg as he’s forced to play deeper

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Can’t ever remember Butterfield looking good, Crawford produced big moments last season but I’d still argue that he doesn’t do enough. Towards the tail end of last season Hallberg was used higher up and formed a pretty decent partnership with Rooney and Hendry on the right hand side. The manager has gone crazy on  attacking midfielders this summer, stunting Hallberg as he’s forced to play deeper

I thought Butterfield looked a really good, tidy player when he first arrived. Crawford also did fairly well initially. Ambrose also had a strong start but was quickly binned after a bad game (admittedly it was a very bad game). Even Ciftci looked the part at first but seemed to quickly lose interest. Hallberg I agree is being really hampered by being played out of position. I'm struggling to understand why a manager who has seen how effective Hallberg can be further forward, and knows how much we struggle to score goals, wouldn't build his team around getting Hallberg playing to his absolute best and in his most effective position.

2 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

I thought Butterfield looked a really good, tidy player when he first arrived. Crawford also did fairly well initially. Ambrose also had a strong start but was quickly binned after a bad game (admittedly it was a very bad game). Even Ciftci looked the part at first but seemed to quickly lose interest. Hallberg I agree is being really hampered by being played out of position. I'm struggling to understand why a manager who has seen how effective Hallberg can be further forward, and knows how much we struggle to score goals, wouldn't build his team around getting Hallberg playing to his absolute best and in his most effective position.

I wonder what happens in the video reviews of games, do our staff actually give suggestions to CD regarding player performance or are they all yes men?

If the players are asked opinions I wonder if they are more interested in keeping their starting spot then questioning our style ie passing backwards, long balls up the pitch with one target with three defenders on them or wingers not pushing forward and crossing the ball?

Surely these things must get discussed at some level?

52 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Because he's a poor manager and stubborn as a mule

1 hour ago, blueheaven said:

I agree - Butterfield gave the team a lift in his early games. Ambrose had a good start. Will Hallberg go down the same route?

Something is wrong for all these players to start well and then go downhill so significantly.

1 hour ago, rik2304 said:

I'll never understand why a manager would play a player out of position but Davidson loves it.

Is he playing them out of position or just trying to do something different. Also is a lot of positions not inter-changeable?

Was Kerr not a midfielder and saints tried him in a reserve game at the back and that was how he got on. 

Some managers try and play left footed players on right had so they can cut in others look for wingers to play wing backs so they can give them more of an attacking presence etc. 

35 minutes ago, Linky said:

I agree - Butterfield gave the team a lift in his early games. Ambrose had a good start. Will Hallberg go down the same route?

Something is wrong for all these players to start well and then go downhill so significantly.

I'm not sure he's got the dressing room yet or the players on his side, confident in their boss.

41 minutes ago, mainstand said:

Is he playing them out of position or just trying to do something different. Also is a lot of positions not inter-changeable?

Was Kerr not a midfielder and saints tried him in a reserve game at the back and that was how he got on. 

Some managers try and play left footed players on right had so they can cut in others look for wingers to play wing backs so they can give them more of an attacking presence etc. 

Some positions might be interchangeable.

Probably not CDM to WB though. And when we've seen how effective Hallberg can be in an attacking role it seems crazy to then use him in a role that nullifies that.

Davidson certainly isn't the only one that does this though but it's absolutely baffling. Like watching the national team and seeing McTominay at CB. 

Edited by rik2304

43 minutes ago, mainstand said:

I don't have a problem with trying out players in different positions if it gets results. The problem is, our results have been woeful for a long time now.

Sometimes a player shows an attribute that makes you think they might do well in another role. If a manager can spot that and bring it out of them then fair play to them. Paul Hartley switched to centre mid while he was at Saints and it probably changed the course of his whole career. Chris Millar also came here as a wide player and moved into the middle. But I'd be really fascinated to know what attributes Callum has seen in Charlie Gilmour that make him think he could ever be a success at RWB.

• 7 months later...

We know it won't happen as the board and other hangers on that are running the club are not interested, but after that absolute disgrace of a first half when you thought they couldn't get any worse they did, and Davidson set it all up, paid 25 quid to watch killie look like world beaters! It amazes me that seasoned pros like Macca Liam and ek Cleland cannot see thus, or are they just yes men? 

Heard yesterday Davidson wanted to ho last season but was talked out of it, which is a worry as he destroys this club with mediocrity.

Perfect time to change now to build for next season, as would a new person do any worse over the next 9 games?

32 minutes ago, crieffsaintandy said:

We know it won't happen as the board and other hangers on that are running the club are not interested, but after that absolute disgrace of a first half when you thought they couldn't get any worse they did, and Davidson set it all up, paid 25 quid to watch killie look like world beaters! It amazes me that seasoned pros like Macca Liam and ek Cleland cannot see thus, or are they just yes men? 

Heard yesterday Davidson wanted to ho last season but was talked out of it, which is a worry as he destroys this club with mediocrity.

Perfect time to change now to build for next season, as would a new person do any worse over the next 9 games?

If true then that person needs a slap.

The regression over the last two seasons has been unbelievable.

• 3 weeks later...

Enough is enough! Playing 5 at the back at home against Ross county is stackable alone! Pack your bags tonight davidson ffs do the right thing as we all know the broons dont have the bottle to sack you!. I Would be on the phone to tommy begging him to take us until the end of the season