The Big Summer Transfer Window 2022 Thread

tucker

1 hour ago, Cagey said:

So we give Gilmour and Eetu 2 year contracts and loan them out on the cheap. Good piece of business Callum.?

Add giving Parish a new contract when he was going to retire and signing 19 players. Something has happened to Steve Brown for approving this waste of money. This year's accounts will make interesting reading.

1 hour ago, Templar Saint said:

Please, Please Calum sign two decent keepers and loan out Parish - if anyone will have him.

I think it is clear by now that there is no hope of us signing a decent striker but surely we can find a reliable goalkeeper.  Have 

Bain and Doohan disappeared without trace or more likely gone elsewhere?

12 hours ago, Cagey said:

So we give Gilmour and Eetu 2 year contracts and loan them out on the cheap. Good piece of business Callum.?

Have you seen enough from either, Gilmour in particular, to suggest they’re good enough and loaning them out was a mistake?

10 hours ago, south inch said:

I think it is clear by now that there is no hope of us signing a decent striker but surely we can find a reliable goalkeeper.  Have 

Bain and Doohan disappeared without trace or more likely gone elsewhere?

Can we still loan Bain in now we have Montgomery?

Rules used to be just one loanee from a club in the same division, but unsure if its still the case.

1 hour ago, PSJ.84 said:

Have you seen enough from either, Gilmour in particular, to suggest they’re good enough and loaning them out was a mistake?

Mot saying either is good enough.My point is Davidson signed them ,paid a fee for Eetugave them 2 year contract and Eetu is already loaned and someone suggesting Gilmour is loaned , probably at a percentage of their wage. Not good business.

32 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Mot saying either is good enough.My point is Davidson signed them ,paid a fee for Eetugave them 2 year contract and Eetu is already loaned and someone suggesting Gilmour is loaned , probably at a percentage of their wage. Not good business.

Really don't think Gilmour's going to be loaned out at this stage. CD's going to be looking for him to step up in the upcoming games. If he doesn't do that, I can't imagine he'll be around for much longer.

As for Eetu - when I look at the attacking options (or lack of) that we currently have at our disposal, I find it even more flabbergasting that he's been cast aside. We're less than a week away from our first competitive game and we have two fit strikers - both of whom were deemed not good enough to start most of last season's games by this manager, and one of whom has barely kicked a ball at our level.

3 hours ago, Cagey said:

The manager’s comments a few weeks ago suggested it was now or never for Gilmour, and with his contract up at the end of the season I’d be shocked if he was loaned out - if he is then he clearly isn’t good enough, it happens. 

42 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

Any player manager would be telling their clients to give us a wide berth with our wage structure in place, we need to find a miggy somewhere or a Momo on the cheap 

We pay fine wages. The idea we don't spend money is outdated.

We've spent over £250k in fees in the last year and have multiple players on over £100k a year.

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

We pay fine wages. The idea we don't spend money is outdated.

We've spent over £250k in fees in the last year and have multiple players on over £100k a year.

What striker and keeper would you realistically target if we are paying good coin?

1 hour ago, sixties saintee said:

God help us when we play the ugly sisters wae parish in goal, it will be a cricket score

You know that we won’t start the season with Parish as number 1, don’t you?

Ross Sinclair is more likely to start the first game of the season than him.

26 minutes ago, pezza70 said:

What striker and keeper would you realistically target if we are paying good coin?

Happy to admit I don't have a clue about keepers so can't speak on that, I like the links to Doohan tbh.

I never bothered to look for targets for the Summer window as a kid came along and took/takes up my time, but going into January I'd had Lee Bonis and Gerard Garner tagged as ones going out of contract to look at. Finding good, proven, strikers is nigh on impossible these days though. Zak Rudden probably a better target than either and club unfortunate to miss out on him maybe.

Also going into January had Peter Kioso and Connor O'Keefe as RWB targets, and Ethan Coleman, Oisin Smyth, Archie Collins and Armani Little as CM targets, FWIW. Still hoping we signings in both these positions but all those are now out of reach.