New poll: The Manager

blueheaven

Should Callum Davidson be replaced?  

181 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Make or break now.

Hope he has a masterplan in that nugget of his to choose the right players, and who knows, maybe even the right formation to get us back on track.

Heart says please, head says doubtful.

And who is paying for this army of men in blue to eat every day?? Must be crippling cost.

2 hours ago, Shibbydoo said:

Hope he has a masterplan in that nugget of his to choose the right players, and who knows, maybe even the right formation to get us back on track.

The masterplan:

• Change nothing about how we play
  • When it doesn't work, sign 10 more players in January
  • Repeat to fade

22 minutes ago, RandomGuy said:

We scored 3 at home in a rampant victory, and "turned a corner", after 8 games last season, then won just 1 game in our next 14, so id be wary of reading too much into the result.

Yeah we have to build on this after the next 2 or 3 games before I'll think we have turned the corner. I think the players have shown what the can do going forward but will Davidson release the shackles to allow them to.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy said:

We scored 3 at home in a rampant victory, and "turned a corner", after 8 games last season, then won just 1 game in our next 14, so id be wary of reading too much into the result.

Yes, overlly positive energy for sure, but why not? Bit of fun at least ..... I don't think anyone's saying we have turned a corner yet. But two nice goals in open play, bit of luck, passion off the bench, discipline ....we can at least see the corner for a change!

• 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, rik2304 said:

Let's just see. The corner might be turning and the signs are looking up but we need to be consistent, less defensive overall and plan transfer windows better.

I will be delighted to eat a huge piece of humble pie though if it's required though.

Me too

2 hours ago, pezza70 said:

I voted sack him, the jury is still out, but I for one hopes he turns us around and last years struggles will be a distant memory.

COYS

The one thing that will need to be considered is the financials, no manager has had quite the backing Davidson has had. I wonder what the impact will be come the end of the financial year.

1 hour ago, garydavidson said:

The one thing that will need to be considered is the financials, no manager has had quite the backing Davidson has had. I wonder what the impact will be come the end of the financial year.

The reason the Saints were in a position to back Callum financially was the money generated by 2 cup wins and a run in Europe in his previous season. So I think he was entitled to expect that sort of backing.

1 hour ago, Oldmuirton said:

The reason the Saints were in a position to back Callum financially was the money generated by 2 cup wins and a run in Europe in his previous season. So I think he was entitled to expect that sort of backing.

I imagine he was told "you earned it, so you can spend it". However, we do need to get the wage bill down to more normal levels and we sometimes sign players but then don't play them very often. The worry is older players on long-term contracts which give very little room for manoeuvre.