Celtic V St.Johnstone - 24th December

SaintJet

A trip to Parkhead to start the festivities for Saints. 

Not a place we have had a lot of success - ever. A draw would be seen as a huge result for us and a mark of where our aspirations lie this season. A win - well we can dream.

Should have the goalie and others back for this but CD might be tempted to go with the crew that got us the points in Dingwall.  I'd be happy with a good performance and a narrow defeat - anything else is a bonus.

1 hour ago, Aitchy said:

£32 for an adult ticket and £54 for an adult and child ticket. Absolutely diabolical.

They need the money to repair all the burst pipes as they can't afford to put the heating on. Livingstone in doubt on Wednesday. Hope it goes ahead .

11 minutes ago, blueheaven said:

Seriously, who is even going to these games? I find it incredible that there's *anyone* out there willing to pay these prices.

Would imagine that very few people in our support Saturday will have paid for a ticket. Majority of away crowd at these games are made of players family and friends with comps, the occasional diehard who does not want to break a 300 plus game streak and a few Glasgow based Saints fans that decide to go at the last minute.

Fair play to them all. It’s torture 99% of the time, but worth it on that rare occasion we do get a result. 

On 12/20/2022 at 1:49 PM, blueheaven said:

Seriously, who is even going to these games? I find it incredible that there's *anyone* out there willing to pay these prices.

In these times optional things are first to go.... Celtic Park on Xmas Eve and a 4-0 reversal likely.... no chance!

18 hours ago, mainstand said:

12.99 on Celtic pay per view or 54 pound plus travel and pie etc on Xmas eve that's a hard choice for lots of people not. 

Really!! Clubs do themselves no favours at all 

Celtic will not be bothered in the slightest if they have no away fans. Plenty to fill the seats I imagine.