Summer transfers/contracts 2023

garydavidson

23 minutes ago, rik2304 said:

I'm not a huge fan of McGowan, although that's more down to the signing policy that brought him here. He's actually been fine compared to lots of the others Davidson wasted money on.

At the moment I'd have him before Phillips as he's just a walking red card and can't be trusted IMO.

Agree with the first part, probably what taints my view partly.

Don’t agree, I’d rather have a walking red card - someone who is young, determined and will improve with the more games he plays… than a 34 year old “Hearts legend” who is seeing out his career and won’t be here next season.

5 minutes ago, R.B.B:- Adz said:

Agree with the first part, probably what taints my view partly.

Don’t agree, I’d rather have a walking red card - someone who is young, determined and will improve with the more games he plays… than a 34 year old “Hearts legend” who is seeing out his career and won’t be here next season.

I don't know. We need a lot to go our way this season if we're to have a chance of staying up,( I'm pretty convinced we're done for). Without a player getting sent off needlessly in the first 10 minutes 

4 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I think McGowan's going to be an important player for us this season. Does the simple stuff pretty well, brings lots of experience to a young squad, can plug holes in a few different positions. Obviously I'd love us to have better and I'd expect we'll probably move on from him next season, but at this stage of the re-build I don't think replacing him is a priority.

Considine I think will still be needed as back-up and I don't have any issue with that.

Crawford's one I just can't see any place for even during an injury crisis and surely he'll be away by the end of the transfer window, even if just out on loan?

Your right Bh he gets way to much flack I’m always happier with him and Phillips in fron of the defence

2 minutes ago, HOODLUM65 said:

Yep, Ross Sinclair suffered broken arm & elbow dislocation in bounce game.

I think he has had a problem for a while with wrists etc. Must be a major problem for him.

Sorry to hear he is out of game again, that is maybe the reason Saints wanted another goalie as there was a doubt about his problems.

7 minutes ago, dave mc said:

Goalie cover ? 

Yeah, as Hoodlum said, unfortunately Ross picked up a pretty horrific injury in the bounce game yesterday. Looking at a very long period on the sidelines I believe. 

Back up keeper now the main priority before Saturday you would have to think. 

9 hours ago, Cagey said:

I think he has had a problem for a while with wrists etc. Must be a major problem for him.

Sorry to hear he is out of game again, that is maybe the reason Saints wanted another goalie as there was a doubt about his problems.

I mean not sure how you can relate the inherent issues with his wrists, to a totally separate freak arm break, but you've tried! But either way your point is still relevant, he's actually pretty injury prone and that for a goalkeeper is a nightmare, it's the one position you need consistency in at all times. 

1 hour ago, Widge said:

I mean not sure how you can relate the inherent issues with his wrists, to a totally separate freak arm break, but you've tried! But either way your point is still relevant, he's actually pretty injury prone and that for a goalkeeper is a nightmare, it's the one position you need consistency in at all times. 

Could be brittle bone ?.

Notice his wrists are always heavily bandaged. That may be normal for a goalie but just never noticed it on other goalies.