Flaherty

rik2304

Mistake after mistake since this guy came in.  Very basic ones at that as well as regular PR gaffs and it's clear he can't communicate effectively with fans. 

He's not competent to run the day to day business of a FT club in the top league. 

Any new owners will bullet him five minutes after they take over. 

Might have been Macca and Stan's decision to release players, but the communication from the club sits squarely with Flaherty and is being handled so poorly, it's comic. We've been a proud, professional club for so long, that gaffs like this show us in a bad light. 

Edited by Saint Stevo

15 hours ago, Saint Stevo said:

Might have been Macca and Stan's decision to release players, but the communication from the club sits squarely with Flaherty and is being handled so poorly, it's comic. We've been a proud, professional club for so long, that gaffs like this show us in a bad light. 

Make it look like it’s amateur hour and the wee club with no staff 

A club statement read: “Saints can announce that Ian Flaherty will be leaving the business with immediate effect. We would like to thank Ian for everything he has done and wish him well in his future endeavours.

“The club have also decided to bring all media operations fully in-house.

“Gregor Sleith will take over as head of media and communications, with Greg Taylor taking on the role of media and communications.

“Paul Smith will provide support to both as and when required.”

I reckon the backlash on Twitter at least(I’m not on other social media, but it was red hot on there) over the way they announced Spoony and his departure might of tipped them over the cliff after the Rangers ticketing debacle and how long it took them to acknowledge the fans.

They have finally read the room 

I was never that sure how much of the stuff that seemed to be poorly handled was driven by Flaherty, and how much of it was just him doing what he was told by Steve Brown. But he seemed to make a really poor job of dealing with the aftermath of the Rangers ticket debacle, in particular, and unfortunately for him I think that's what he's going to be remembered for.

Personally I absolutely hated the tone of voice adopted by the club since Guidi's arrival - it felt aloof, pompous and Old Firmy. Really hope that's something we'll see an immediate change in, now that he's gone. I suspect it was probably always the case that the media team would do a better job without him there.

Pleased to see quite a few positive changes coming out of the club, in the wake of what has been a long period of negatives.

11 hours ago, blueheaven said:

I was never that sure how much of the stuff that seemed to be poorly handled was driven by Flaherty, and how much of it was just him doing what he was told by Steve Brown. But he seemed to make a really poor job of dealing with the aftermath of the Rangers ticket debacle, in particular, and unfortunately for him I think that's what he's going to be remembered for.

Personally I absolutely hated the tone of voice adopted by the club since Guidi's arrival - it felt aloof, pompous and Old Firmy. Really hope that's something we'll see an immediate change in, now that he's gone. I suspect it was probably always the case that the media team would do a better job without him there.

Pleased to see quite a few positive changes coming out of the club, in the wake of what has been a long period of negatives.

Good measured post as usual BH. Blowhards gonna blowhard, but impossible to know what happened over the last year, before everyone puts the boot in. 

I think Guidi, and his company, being punted is great. They were quite clearly barely interested and more a hinderance than a help.

Flahertys role harder to judge since nobody is actually sure what decisions were his and what decisions werent. He probably harmed himself with his early bragging to fans about scouting players, and then talking about how he was involved in hiring staff and signing off on players joining. If he'd kept quiet i doubt most folk wouldve put as much blame on him (*glances at Gus MacPherson*), but salesman gonna salesman.

5 hours ago, Cagey said:

I wonder who the sponsors will be if the Binn man has been binned.

Would assume it will have to be arranged soon as the new strips due out soon.

Maybe Binn have another year.

I'm struggling to see the connection. Didn't Flaherty leave Binn to take a full-time job at Saints? It's not liked he owned Binn or even still worked for them.