Viaplay League cup

Cagey

On 6/9/2023 at 12:57 PM, andrew said:

I live in Stirling and I’ve noticed that Albion have had more matches postponed when other games are going ahead nearby, such as Falkirk, Alloa, etc. Is that the groundsman, the environment or the weather?

90% of the time I drive near Stirling in the autumn and winter it is raining :laugh:

Were those home games? They had an away game in Dumbarton called off four or five times.

54 minutes ago, garydavidson said:

90% of the time I drive near Stirling in the autumn and winter it is raining :laugh:

Were those home games? They had an away game in Dumbarton called off four or five times.

Home games, aye. It can’t be raining over Forthbank more than anywhere else LAUGH OUT LOUD but there does seem to be a lot of postponements compared to others.

6 hours ago, andrew said:

Home games, aye. It can’t be raining over Forthbank more than anywhere else LAUGH OUT LOUD but there does seem to be a lot of postponements compared to others.

I think a clue is in the name of the stadium. It is on the flat land next to the Forth so imagine the water table is not far beneath the pitch.

16 hours ago, dunblanemike said:

I think a clue is in the name of the stadium. It is on the flat land next to the Forth so imagine the water table is not far beneath the pitch.

It’s also exposed, sitting under all those hills where inclement weather comes in from.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, california_saintee said:

At this point, it's basically a pre-season friendly.

Saints can't afford to take this game lightly. Stirling were second division champions and they have a decent League cup run. A win or even draw could get them into the next round and get the money Saints should have been getting.

We just can't go into the league campaign on the back of 3 defeats from lower league teams and a worse League cup record than Davidson last season.

44 minutes ago, Cagey said:

Saints can't afford to take this game lightly. Stirling were second division champions and they have a decent League cup run. A win or even draw could get them into the next round and get the money Saints should have been getting.

We just can't go into the league campaign on the back of 3 defeats from lower league teams and a worse League cup record than Davidson last season.

I'd rather we focus on team/player development versus result, meaningless game. Agree above poster on Jephcott, good to see more of his game.