The ghost of Jim Morton

I got a reply from BBC, although the generic response was expected, still is disappointing as I made my email complaint as neutral as possible and the reply went into things I didnt even raise.   I wonder if they get the hint as I just wanted more football coverage from all the games, not super coverage of a two games and sod all of the others..  However, the programme can die as it does nothing as an advert for the game, and I doubt I'll view the highlights show again... Will just watch the semi finals and finals on Sportscene from now on.    Shame that BBC Scotland are allowing the programme to die in this manner....

sportsound had a good interview with Michael O'Neill . said Geoff alerted him to the rumours that were doing the rounds about him having a drink problem and was asking about a vacancy at saints. anyone know when this was?

Heard that interview 541, I thought it was good also.  My impression was that he was talking dates around October 2011 when O'Neill lost out to Pat Fenlon for the Hibs job so that would be when McInnes left us and we eventually got Lomas.  I could be wrong, her indoors says I'm rarely right these days!

BBC Scotland, Scottish Labour, Scotland itself are all just a small regional Branch of UK Corp. There is a solution.

Most of you probably know that Gary Linekar gets 3 times as much money every year from the BBC than does the whole of Scottish football.

Abernethy, are you suggesting we should eliminate Gary Lineker?

BBC Scotland can get it right when there is a will.  Landward is one programme that has really improved in recent years and is far more entertaining than Countryfile which I would assume has a far larger budget. Obviously the football rights are a little more complicated than perhaps we imagined, but it shouldn't be beyond them to put on a show where every fan of a Premiership club can feel that they got a fair representation of their team's game.   

Never mind, I would imagine that next season they won't be covering the championship any more.

Tom English giving us credit for the last few years!! 

I can't stand Tom English... Obviously he tends to talk more sense and is a lot more likeable than Derek Ferguson, Chic Young et al but I find him a gasconade type, overly ostentatious, and is turning into a bit of a rent-a-gob, feeling like he can comment on everything related to Scottish football just because he has gained some respect for some previous comments about the old firm etc.

At the moment it's savvy for guys like Tom English and Jim Spence to bemoan Rangers for their fans and criticise Celtic/Delia/Collins for their underperformance in Europe, while being seen to speak up for Saints/Inverness/Ross County... But you can bet your bottom dollar that in 5 years Tom English with revert to the press pack norm of slavering over the old firm, Hearts and Hibs while knocking attendances at McDiarmid park and slating the lack of ambition shown by the Inverness chairman.

Edited by R.B.B:- Adz

Much much better highlights this week. All the complaints about last weeks shambles seems to have been taken notice off.

Both goals are really well made and taken. Macca is a super player.

I'd wait and see what the Sportscene coverage is like this evening before giving them too much credit. The website highlights are usually given more time than the ones broadcast