Free weekend

Shibbydoo

Guest ScottMann

As a one off Saints free weekend I've no real problem with it as I agree with the League Cup Final being pre-Christmas. It's when it's become yet another free weekend due to the ridiculous international breaks it becomes a total pain in the backside. 

As a one off Saints free weekend I've no real problem with it as I agree with the League Cup Final being pre-Christmas. It's when it's become yet another free weekend due to the ridiculous international breaks it becomes a total pain in the backside. 

This, we're almost in December and it feels like we've barely played. A run of three games in a week then two weeks off. Really needs sorted, but I think the International weekends are getting upped with the Nations League stuff. 

Hard to get into the routine of going to games when they're never on. 

Football on a Saturday afternoon became a habit with me back in the 19..'s. You could nearly always count on a match being on - home or away. If you couldn't get finished work early enough to travel there was always the reserves match at Muirton.

There is no continuity now, a fragmented season from start to finish and... if you go out of cup competitions early it is even worse.

Being able to watch your team on a Saturday was habit forming.

It is no wonder it's so hard to attract folk to McDiarmid these days.

Football on a Saturday afternoon became a habit with me back in the 19..'s. You could nearly always count on a match being on - home or away. If you couldn't get finished work early enough to travel there was always the reserves match at Muirton.

There is no continuity now, a fragmented season from start to finish and... if you go out of cup competitions early it is even worse.

Being able to watch your team on a Saturday was habit forming.

It is no wonder it's so hard to attract folk to McDiarmid these days.

Completely agree... it's a bit of a mess atm. Every Sunday morning I'm up at 3am to check the live updates. Then we'll have to play a lot of games every week. The break will give players time to get over injuries etc, but then they'll be stuffed with too many games in a short space of time. Crazy. And then there's the weather... could further add to the backlog of fixtures. I appreciate the SFA can't control that, but I'm still peeved. On a brighter note, I'm getting hitched in 3 weeks in Glencorse castle. The Reverend - who is from Perth, has happily agreed to wear my Saints scarf. If I'm traveling 10,000 miles & no saints games, I'll lose it.

Completely agree... it's a bit of a mess atm. Every Sunday morning I'm up at 3am to check the live updates. Then we'll have to play a lot of games every week. The break will give players time to get over injuries etc, but then they'll be stuffed with too many games in a short space of time. Crazy. And then there's the weather... could further add to the backlog of fixtures. I appreciate the SFA can't control that, but I'm still peeved. On a brighter note, I'm getting hitched in 3 weeks in Glencorse castle. The Reverend - who is from Perth, has happily agreed to wear my Saints scarf. If I'm traveling 10,000 miles & no saints games, I'll lose it.

Congrats man. I wish you and your wife many happy years together. 

Great you still hang with us.

Aye MS - You could be lucky on the match front as well

02/12/2017

H. Kilmarnock

Ladbrokes Premiership 15:00  
09/12/2017

A. Hamilton Accies

13/12/2017

H. Aberdeen

Ladbrokes Premiership 19:45  
16/12/2017

A. Rangers

23/12/2017

H. Hearts

27/12/2017

A. Ross County

30/12/2017

H. Dundee

Edited by Indicator

Is there anyone going to Ross County on  Wednesday 27/12/2017?

Still celebrating then.

If the kick off was 6pm or earlier, might get a few more, as getting back to Perth at an unearthly hour means not getting transport home.

FFS surely this could have been organised for 2018.

Only an observation. 

I'm out.

Still celebrating then.

If the kick off was 6pm or earlier, might get a few more, as getting back to Perth at an unearthly hour means not getting transport home.

Ill be heading up for that one with a wee group of expats home for Christmas. Hopefully will make hearts also. So I for one, glad we have some extra Dec games!!

Still celebrating then.

FFS surely this could have been organised for 2018.

Only an observation. 

I'm out.

Fairweather supporter

Aye MS - You could be lucky on the match front as well

02/12/2017

H. Kilmarnock

09/12/2017

A. Hamilton Accies

13/12/2017

H. Aberdeen

16/12/2017

A. Rangers

23/12/2017

H. Hearts

27/12/2017

A. Ross County

30/12/2017

H. Dundee

Thankyou Indicator. & Saint Jet.... sadly i get hitched on the 23rd, so miss the Jambos game.. But my brother & reverend are going to give me updates. Hopefully i will be a good omen... if it's a shite result, no action for the missus on wedding night. She's not happy, but understand's. I may be able to get the hotel to organise a sneaky live stream. Hopefully at County game... defo at Coagies game. I may end up divorced & in lockup. But it means too much. Just the weather...

Edited by Melbourne Saint