Edstar101

What will you do if new Rangers are allowed straight into SPL?  

255 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm sure there were despicable acts by jibs fans towards rangers players, but the embellishment is shameful. 

Imagine a world in which we could discuss today's events without an all-encompassing media sectarian bias and blind faith on behalf of large sections of the public. 

My little brain can barely handle the idea

Yeah I too have seen video showing a small number of fans attacking two of players. As said before these morons deserve arresting. 

It's still a far cry from the initial media reports and rangers claims. 

I also saw footage of a blazered rangers official swinging a kick at a hibs fan. Pretty sure club officials should be held to higher standard than fans.. 

The SFA are seemingly shocked and appalled that so many fans managed to get onto the pitch and will be holding an investigation.  Strange, their normal procedure at any other ground is to blame the home club for inadequate stewarding and security.  Now who would have been in charge of the stewarding and security arrangements at Hampden?

Unfortunately the SFA (and indeed the SPFL) in their absolute determination not to apply the same rules to the Govan club as apply to every other, have created a vindictive culture amongst the fans of those clubs not privy to the special dispensations available only to one club.

Whilst there can be no excuse for the behaviour of some Hibs supporters today, the Governing bodies of Scottish football must share the responsibility for giving oxygen to the atmosphere in evidence at Hampden today.

Be prepared for more of the same next season. Until the authorities deal with the vagueries created by the non-application of basic rules of the sport since at least 2011 the fans of many clubs will not move on.

In my opinion.

Anyone else think that the police clearly had the situation under control BEFORE they brought the horses in, and then notice all the headlines 'horseback police required for first time since 1980'. Sensationalism from those paid to protect?

Police Scotland love their horses. Have to let them out the stables now & again.

Never used to see them over in the East,now they trasport them over here for minor games.

when we won the cup there where no trouble between the fans at all even had Dundee united fans shaking my hand after the game,goes to show the difference with these so called big teams

You simply cannot compare Dundee Utd fans with Rangers fans. A different mentality entirely. Rangers songs, explicit historical signing policies, contempt of Scottish football and its governing bodies is quite staggering.  Today, their fans clearly vommitted their vile hatred of Scottish citizens of a particular faith in their "songs" during the 2nd half, fought with Hibs fans , set off pyrotechnics during the game and attacked Police after the game on Cathcart Road. The club's response? To publically "commend" their fans. Their sectarianism sadly runs very very deep. Sadly, the points all clearly witnessed by Scotland and the world today will be ignored by many and the focus will be on euphoric Hibs fans.

You simply cannot compare Dundee to be picked  fans with Rangers fans. A different mentality entirely. Rangers songs, explicit historical signing policies, contempt of Scottish football and its governing bodies is quite staggering.  Today, their fans clearly vommitted their vile hatred of Scottish citizens of a particular faith in their "songs" during the 2nd half, fought with Hibs fans , set off pyrotechnics during the game and attacked Police after the game on Cathcart Road. The club's response? To publically "commend" their fans. Their sectarianism sadly runs very very deep. Sadly, the points all clearly witnessed by Scotland and the world today will be ignored by many and the focus will be on euphoric Hibs fans.

Well put comrade, they are, Scotland's shame at it's ****ing best.  

So, I'm no PHD in Maths....but...the statement from the SFA asks:

The Scottish FA, along with Police Scotland and the stadium management have initiated a full investigation into the scenes that unfolded to understand how such a volume of supporters were able to enter the field."

Pretty simple to work out.....Hibs fans 25K...... stewards around the pitch 200? 

I was at The New Den last night for Millwall's play off match. Exact same thing, fans on the pitch before the end, one guy welled the ball before it'd gone out of touch. Ref had to award a drop ball.... all manner of mischief was going down.
Final whistle and 5...6k fans were on the pitch.....stewards and police horse formed the same constellation as seen at Hampden. 

Neither event bothered/shocked me....  social is awash with retro stuff about hooliganism, the ultras movement and .........the SNP are to blame!!! 

Pretty simple to work out.....Hibs fans 25K...... stewards around the pitch 200? 

Are these exact numbers? I believe that laws and/or policies for these kind of events dictate that there must be at least one steward per hundred attendees. This is fine if you're at a concert or a sit-down meal (these ridiculous rules are the same regardless), but surely in such a hostile, volatile, and potentially toxic atmosphere as today's event invites then there must have been more fluro murons present. If not, then whoever is in charge of police strategy needs sacked.

And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many stewards are on duty at these events, if they are not trained properly then they will never do a competent job. I have previously been employed by G4S for stewarding roles, I received no training whatsoever, just a bus to the venue and an incoherent briefing by one of the supervisor thugs. I was paid around £10 p/h, dumped in my 'spot' and just left to it. No wonder they lost control, most of them don't have a clue.

Anyone else think that the police clearly had the situation under control BEFORE they brought the horses in, and then notice all the headlines 'horseback police required for first time since 1980'. Sensationalism from those paid to protect?

I don't think that was the case.  I could be wrong but just when the horses were coming on the pitch there was a bit of a rush of Hibs fans at the North side of the pitch going towards the Rangers fans - I don't think the situation had calmed down in any way at that point.

Are these exact numbers? I believe that laws and/or policies for these kind of events dictate that there must be at least one steward per hundred attendees. This is fine if you're at a concert or a sit-down meal (these ridiculous rules are the same regardless), but surely in such a hostile, volatile, and potentially toxic atmosphere as today's event invites then there must have been more fluro murons present. If not, then whoever is in charge of police strategy needs sacked.

And at the end of the day, it doesn't matter how many stewards are on duty at these events, if they are not trained properly then they will never do a competent job. I have previously been employed by G4S for stewarding roles, I received no training whatsoever, just a bus to the venue and an incoherent briefing by one of the supervisor thugs. I was paid around £10 p/h, dumped in my 'spot' and just left to it. No wonder they lost control, most of them don't have a clue.

The problem is the SFA who organised the event & employed G4S who have time and again been proven as totally useless.

When are the powers at be going to waken up to the fact that G4S are not up to the job in the many organisations that use them.

As said on Sportscene SFA are not going to fine themselves.