Davidson Away In The Summer

THE LARK SAINT

I suppose you have Dave McKay, Tam Scobbie and Liam Craig plus at a push Ando or Gary m. So left back is quite well covered and I suspect Callum might have one eye on starting out ona coaching role. Player manager for a season maybe. :wink:

Keep on posting on here and then having to cut the post reset the page and then paste it in. Obviously this time it didn't copy my post and therefore pasted my previous post.

What I was wanting to say is he is keen on coaching and spent time looking at different training techniques and different set ups down south before he signed for Saints. Comes over really well on the training pitch.

I suppose WE have Dave McKay, Tam Scobbie and Liam Craig plus at a push Ando or Gary m. So left back is quite well covered and I suspect Callum might have one eye on starting out ona coaching role. Player manager for a season maybe. :wink:

No it was right with you as it was a number of alternatives. Stop Shit stirring Dunc!!!

We may be covered but he is still the best left back we have. Much more balanced with him in the team. Be very hard to replace.

That's what worries me, John. If we are to lose the likes of Callum, Murray Davidson, Liam Craig and Chris Millar next summer, they will be very hard to replace. They have been such important players to us in recent years and they will be very hard to replace.

That's what worries me, John. If we are to lose the likes of Callum, Murray Davidson, Liam Craig and Chris Millar next summer, they will be very hard to replace. They have been such important players to us in recent years and they will be very hard to replace.

I think that, on the whole, the sum adds up to much more than a lot of the individual parts. Lose those you mention and its not replacement it's rebuilding.

Not read the p a piece, but he seems very disappointed in the article in the sun today,not sure if it's lazy reporting,but he is still good enough for one more season imo

Direct quotes in the Daily Record -

"“It was a bolt from the blue when the chairman called me in a couple of months ago and made it clear there was no new contract for me, no matter what, at the end of the season.

“It was quite hard to take. The reason he gave me was that I’m too old. But I’m glad he told me because I would have been here fighting to prove myself – but he made it clear there is nothing there."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/callum-davidson-admits-to-being-shell-shocked-1501282

Be sad to lose him think he still has a lot to offer, strange there was no player/coach role offered as a lot has been said about his abilities with the passing on knowledge to the younger players.

When he first signed I thought there was a mention of coaching in the future. I wonder whether the current finances dictated that Steve had to make a tough decision. No room in the budget for another coach and Davidson has had several injuries, can't seem to play two games within the week etc. So Steve felt for the club. it was better to let him go and get a younger, cheaper (in terms of wages) replacement in the summer.

When I saw the news I didn`t comment as I assumed that Callum had agreed to it but it looks like he is gutted. To quote his age is ridiculous as he has more pace than Liam or Scobie.

It doesn`t look good for next season as it looks like we are pulling the belt in quite a bit. Maybe youth will get a chance.

That is why it is so so sad to see such low attendances ect this season. This squad is peaking, if not at its peak and in with a real shout of finishing second in the SPL and possibly winning a cup.

We have some great players, who are among the most under rated in Scottish football. We have been lucky to have so many of them together for so long and adding the quality of the likes of Maanus, Wright, Hasselbaink, Tade, Vine, McLean and Beattie has given us a real shout of going from relative over achievers to being a quality SPL side. If we hold onto Dave MacKay, Frazer Wright, Murray Davidson, Liam Craig, Nigel Hasselbaink, Gregory Tade, Steve MacLean and Craig Beattie together for one more season I would be shocked if we didnt at least make a cup final or win a trophy.