Richard Brittain

john1962

Lad looked decidedly uncomfortable. Not surprised really, but some harsh questions.

Good on him for rising above it and making a couple of positive statements about Saints. Far more than his cretinous manager did.

Brittain isn't the smartest, and it seems he is a bit of a d***, but Adams has used him for his own benefit. I know who I dislike more.

Yeah i seen Adams dribble how he stated our performance wasnt pretty we passed his team off the park and he is to much of a moron to admit it.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a major falling out between Brittain and Adams if things continue to go badly for RC.  Brittain may not be the brightest guy on the planet, but he may come to realise that Adams has been pulling his plonker all along, and taking advantage of his family problems.

RC have been overrated by the medja since promotion.  They were heading for the bottom 6 until a good end of season run.  The second season is more difficult, and with a large change in the squad, I cannot see them doing anywhere near as well this term, and will finish below Partick Thistle.

http://dibrittainblog.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/i-feel-wonderful-%E2%98%91/

Enough said!

Chants at the football like "You chose the wrong team" etc.. is amusing banter, however those that find it necessary to send abuse to people over the internet really need to take a look at themselves. Men, Women, teenagers or kids, it is totally unacceptable and has recently been highlighted in the media with suicides of two teenagers (One in England and another closer to home in Dunfermline) receiving abuse and threats from so called "Trolls" and feeling like they had no other option but to take their own lives.

Lets put an end to this whole sorry and quite frankly embarrassing affair. 

All the best to the Brittian family in the future.

Edited by SaintDougie

RBs family and friends would now appear to be searching through Twitter for the slightest mention of him for an excuse to then start a fight. - boyond pathetic.

I for one am wholeheartedly fed up of all this nonsense. At the end of the day he stayed with Ross County, is going to have to endure a torrid season and (hopefully) a relegation dog fight, while we can realistically push for Europe and possibly even win the league. Lets look to the future, our future, and leave RB and his cronies to it.

http://dibrittainblog.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/i-feel-wonderful-%E2%98%91/

Enough said!

Chants at the football like "You chose the wrong team" etc.. is amusing banter, however those that find it necessary to send abuse to people over the internet really need to take a look at themselves. Men, Women, teenagers or kids, it is totally unacceptable and has recently been highlighted in the media with suicides of two teenagers (One in England and another closer to home in Dunfermline) receiving abuse and threats from so called "Trolls" and feeling like they had no other option but to take their own lives.

Lets put an end to this whole sorry and quite frankly embarrassing affair. 

All the best to the Brittian family in the future.

I know obviously she wouldn't want that public, but had that been known when lugs changed his mind, I'm sure the reaction would have been different.

Steve Brown would have found a way to sort it out privately, with relatively little fuss, but in came Derek 'wankstain' Adams claiming all sorts, which didn't help anything.

Had St Johnstone been the ones who released the initial statement, "Richie Brittain will be staying in dingwall due to family reasons, Saints have been fully notified and come to an agreement to cancel the PCA. "

... this whole thing would have been over before it started.

I sympathise with anyone who has been through the suffering of mental illness.  I also respect the fact that she says some of the banter was expected.  However, as stated above, NONE of it would have been justifiable had this been sorted our quietly between RB and Steve Brown.  Derek Adams is the villain here, and RB is a fool for allowing DA to use him in a battle of media slagging.

I agree with the last four posts.

Personal abuse, especially involving a player's family, is too far. Far too far. Whether at a game or online. Regardless of what they have said or done.

He was a bit naive signing as quick as he did.

Playing stuff out in public is never a good idea.

Edited by andrew

Not happy that the Saints fans are being made out to be the bad guys in this. Her story maybe true but not the reason he stayed, this was also more or less confirmed by TW before Saturdays game in his speech to some fans. Also more or less confirmed by Stevie Brown at the Player of the year event, we should really defend our corner as it was a bung plain and simple.

Not happy that the Saints fans are being made out to be the bad guys in this. Her story maybe true but not the reason he stayed, this was also more or less confirmed by TW before Saturdays game in his speech to some fans. Also more or less confirmed by Stevie Brown at the Player of the year event, we should really defend our corner as it was a bung plain and simple.

i read lots of posts like this that are just nudge nudge wink wink but dont actually say anything.

if folk know the truth just say it.

RBs family and friends would now appear to be searching through Twitter for the slightest mention of him for an excuse to then start a fight. - boyond pathetic.

I for one am wholeheartedly fed up of all this nonsense. At the end of the day he stayed with Ross County, is going to have to endure a torrid season and (hopefully) a relegation dog fight, while we can realistically push for Europe and possibly even win the league. Lets look to the future, our future, and leave RB and his cronies to it.

--------------------------

Sorry, I thought you just said we might win the league

seriously.jpg?width=500&height=375

Edited by ryangordon86

For those who say saints fans aren't at fault, they obviously haven't seen the torrent of unbelievable things that were sent to them online. I wouldn't be surprised if a few saints fans were charged by the police. Unfortunately these few have given our whole support a bad name.

--------------------

Everytime you post I hear

ageism.jpg

Richard Brittain could have done with better advice to shut his own manager up ("if Saints want him they'd have to pay for him" nonsense AFTER Brittain had claimed he couldn't come ) and should have been more conciliatory himself ( eg no OTT celebrations when scoring for Ross County at McDiarmid last season).

Midgey Millar gave a good example of how to defuse a situation in his interview about the Turkish game last season. He said that their fans were booing when the team came on the pitch, but Saints players' walked over to them and applauded; the fans were great after that. If Richard Brittain had done something similar this whole thing would have been forgotten.

For those who say saints fans aren't at fault, they obviously haven't seen the torrent of unbelievable things that were sent to them online. I wouldn't be surprised if a few saints fans were charged by the police. Unfortunately these few have given our whole support a bad name.

You love an overreation, eh?! You must have lived a seriously sheltered life.

To suggest that people are going to get charged and that a minority have tarnished the whole St Johnstone support is just ludicrist.

You love an overreation, eh?! You must have lived a seriously sheltered life.

To suggest that people are going to get charged and that a minority have tarnished the whole St Johnstone support is just ludicrist.

Dunno - clearly folk aren't going to get charged, but chanting 'RB's wife's a *****' on Saturday did seem like the kind of behaviour we criticise from the ugly sisters fanbase.  While I'm not one of these people to take offence at things that really have nothing to do with me, I did think it was a bit embarrassing for the club,