Saints - Dundee Utd 1/4/13

sjfc.spl.09-10

Armstrong had his foot stood on, and went over, but was never getting the ball so no penalty, but neither was it a dive. Muzz was disappointing, for me, and looked every inch the Rangers player. Three times in the first half he lay down and whimpered at the ref,and his blind side assault on a 16 year old playing his first start was an act of utter shytebaggery.

Sorry but the last time I got my foot stood on I went Oh yah taht was sore, But refrained from diving to the ground screaming for teperson to be charged.

As for Murray, i think your lad has been getting some good coaching was more than ready to hit the deck and claim his foul. If he is good enouh to play with the men then he has to take the rough with the smooth.

Edited by mainstand

First up congratulations to Saints and Lomas, top six and well deserved, the table rarely lies.

Don't understand where the negativity comes from, I thought tonight was an engaging derby with a lot at stake and both teams enjoying a half each of dominance and the best atmosphere at McD I have seen in many years. Unlikely we will make top six, but if you win 3 home games in a season you should not be in the top six.

Lomas has his work cut out pleasing some of the punters in this town! Yet again he plays a cagey game first half and clearly analyses the play with purpose, and his team emerged a more potent outfit and got what their play deserved in the the second.

Now for a few negatives. Brines! I thought he got most of the big calls wrong tonight. I have no problem with a clearly more powerful team showing some youngsters what its all about, but not if its a second late(Muzz) or nasty and two footed (Craig). As for the sending off, not for me, nor was it a penalty, but for some mysterious reason officials feel obliged to call one or the other. Armstrong had his foot stood on, and went over, but was never getting the ball so no penalty, but neither was it a dive. Muzz was disappointing, for me, and looked every inch the Rangers player. Three times in the first half he lay down and whimpered at the ref,and his blind side assault on a 16 year old playing his first start was an act of utter shytebaggery.

All told though it was worth the money....what a difference another thousand in each end would have made.

==

A lot won't tolerate being cagey though and prefer a cavalry charge.

Most refs are useless now to be honest. The game is too fast for them these days. Plus its impossible to catch ALL of UTD's cheating ;)

Armstrong had his foot stood on, and went over, but was never getting the ball so no penalty, but neither was it a dive. Muzz was disappointing, for me, and looked every inch the Rangers player. Three times in the first half he lay down and whimpered at the ref,and his blind side assault on a 16 year old playing his first start was an act of utter shytebaggery.

Sorry but the last time I got my foot stood on I went Oh yah taht was sore, But refrained from diving to the ground screaming for teperson to be charged.

As for Murray, i think your lad has been getting some good coaching was more than ready to hit the deck and claim his foul. If he is good enouh to play with the men then he has to take the rough with the smooth.

he was running into the box and thats why he went over, I will be interested to see the replay, did anyone see it on telly? I am going with my initial call as it happened right in front of me. As for Muzz that was nasty, and in the first half Gauld was outstanding, plenty good enough to play in this league and shows Scottish football can still produce skillful players. Edited by Smarmy Arab

First up congratulations to Saints and Lomas, top six and well deserved, the table rarely lies.

Don't understand where the negativity comes from, I thought tonight was an engaging derby with a lot at stake and both teams enjoying a half each of dominance and the best atmosphere at McD I have seen in many years. Unlikely we will make top six, but if you win 3 home games in a season you should not be in the top six.

Lomas has his work cut out pleasing some of the punters in this town! Yet again he plays a cagey game first half and clearly analyses the play with purpose, and his team emerged a more potent outfit and got what their play deserved in the the second.

Now for a few negatives. Brines! I thought he got most of the big calls wrong tonight. I have no problem with a clearly more powerful team showing some youngsters what its all about, but not if its a second late(Muzz) or nasty and two footed (Craig). As for the sending off, not for me, nor was it a penalty, but for some mysterious reason officials feel obliged to call one or the other. Armstrong had his foot stood on, and went over, but was never getting the ball so no penalty, but neither was it a dive. Muzz was disappointing, for me, and looked every inch the Rangers player. Three times in the first half he lay down and whimpered at the ref,and his blind side assault on a 16 year old playing his first start was an act of utter shytebaggery.

All told though it was worth the money....what a difference another thousand in each end would have made.

Craig wasn't a two footed tackle, it was barely a tackle! Pathetic that's what it was, he deserved a yellow just for it being a shite tackle.

As for your other comments, you're maybe a wee bit blinkered. Armstrong deserved everything he got, he was petulant, kicking the ball away, fouling, diving etc. We also had two pretty decent shouts for a penalty waved away.

Diving is a bookable offence and a crime which is spoiling our beautiful game. No sympathy at all for any professional footballer who feels this is acceptable conduct.

He was beaten all ends up by Tade's pace and cynically chopped in the first half. Two bookings equals a red....off.

Anyone else spot Armstrong getting a high 5 from a team mate when he chopped Tade?

I'm genuinely struggling to remember these terrible tackles from Craig and davidson. Davidson was a split second late in the centre of the park halfway through the first half (hardly touched the united player) if that's the one you mean? I'm assuming the Craig "nasty two footed" tackle was the one footed tackle where he won the ball (albeit with studs slightly showing) and was booked?

The most cynical foul of the game was the one Armstrong was booked for.

Oh, Just seen the penalty incident on SSN. Definite dive by the way.

i normally agree with a lot you have to say but this is a load of rubbish. Craig was slightly high but won the ball with his 1footed tackle which he got booked for. cant remember muzz putting in a bad foul ?armstrong made 3 stupid tackles after his booking so was lucky to be stillon the park and i dont think anyone one touched armstrong if he did het stood on he took a step then blatantly threw himself to the ground trying to cheat his way to a penalty, luckily brines spotted this. i hope his team mates point the finger at him for dropping 2points . lost a lot of respect for macnamarra sticking up for him too. diving is the worst thing in football.

Edited by 541ntees

Offft Smarmy's a little bitter tonight right enough. Brines hot neat enough every decision correct tonight? Except not sending Armstrong off earlier.

Now I thought it was a genuinely engaging and pretty fast paced game. United were awful, very petulant and actually since Smarmy seems to think we were hard, it go as far to say United were worse and even more cynical and whining. Flood in particular. We deserved to win the game, never mind draw it and what the hell happened to Daly. He was the worst player on the pitch by a mile, a magnificent achievement with a very, very poor Rowan Vine on.

No contact at all on Armstrong on TV evidence. He dragged his leg looking for it and Craig pulled his foot back enough to miss him altogether. A good dive, well spotted by the ref. warranted a yellow I reckon. Craig's tackle was one foot, over the ball and wasa wee bit dangerous - fair yellow card.

I did think some of the tackles on the young guys were a bit OTT to be honest. A little bit of gamesmanship going on, which is fair play, but if it risks injury to a promising young player then it's not on.

cannot believe folk moaning about tonights game. our general play was good just a mix of bad finishing , poor touches and unluckinness stopped us scoring 3 or 4. even the passes from defense a lot better tonight, wright drilled a 40 yarder to feet at 1 point but they launched it when under pressure. I agree Wright should not have pushed up at there goal but Liam was more at fault for losing the ball in the middle of the park.

loved that it was Liam that scored tho after the stick hes taken on here recently and you vant beat a last minute goal for excitement. 

top 6 again - well done Saints well done Lomas 

Now that push for europe can begin!

Whatever you think of us tonight, Jackie is just learned everyone's names, don't blame him!

Saints are a powerful team and we looked very lightweight, I not complaining about that, if you want to to finish top six you need to be powerful and aggressive, Lomas's Saints are both...rightly so! ICT, Ross Co are similar, good on them, it is up to the opponents to match it. I'm just pointing out a couple of naughty challenges that's all, and it won't be the first time in history opposing fans disagree! I hope you kick on and finish in third.

I hope we win the Cup.

You possibly should have waited to see the TV footage before  commenting on the virtues of yer man falling over.. TV shows it to be as clear a dive as you will see mate.  I thought so at the time  but the TV footage  really does show it up for what it was. Blatant CHEATING. Houston may have gone but some of his teaching it would seem have not..

we got a jammy point in the last minutes

Not exactly Andy, Arabs had one shot on target if I recall,whereas, The Saints had two decent efforts smartly saved by their keeper.

Plus two efforts headed off their goaline

OK, we were not at our best and made the Arabs look good by allowing them acres of room to pass the ball about without hurting us.

But despite that gift, their end product was poor.

Arabs fansz singing their victory songs must have felt like this was a defeat.

Finally, what a fantastic delivery from the corner kick by Abeid, with pace to clear the "first defender" with pace and for the oft criticised Liam to put the ball in the net.

Fan dabby dosey.

Liam for player of the year, despite not reaching the heights of previous seasons, but who else is there to challenge him?

Edited by HOODLUM65

Only thing I would disagree with you was the booking of Liam Craig for what was a hard but fair challenge.

As my mate said to me, at most a free kick, but never a booking.

This action took place in front of us, so had a better view than Brines and tv.

I am of the same opinion as you, that Brines is sh*te and at a loss to how he is held in high esteem.

Edited by HOODLUM65

Did I hear correctly on ESPN that Abeid is the highest ever wage earner at Perth? It will be a shame when he goes back to

the Newcastle reserve team as he does have vision.

I heard that too.....we could have done with him being on from the start methinks....

I love hearing other teams moan about us being physical or overly physical.

In our starting 11 last night we had:

Rowan Vine - absolutely cannot tackle.

Liam Craig - read above.

Chris Millar - booked about twice in his career.

Dave Mackay - not physical.

Tam Scobbie - not physical.

Steven Anderson - not physical.

Steven Maclean - skinny, lightweight and definitely not physical.

Which basically means we had Tade, Muzz and Wright last night who you could describe as physical. None of those players are dirty.

3 strong players through the spine of your team makes you physical? Hardly.