Stewards And Police Today

THE LARK SAINT

If all this group actually did was bring a drum along to the games and have a wee sing and dance to themselves, nobody would think that was a bad thing. However, that is not all that they do...

- Starting fights with their own fans

- Some of them are so wasted by the time they get to games they can hardly stand (there is one I don't think I've ever seen sober)

- Damge property at other grounds

- Throw said damaged property in the direction of their own goalkeeper

- Continue to bring pyrotechnics to games despite pleas from the club for them not to

- Upgrading to fireworks???

I like the atmosphere they create but the rest of that stuff is absolute nonsense and nobody can defend that behaviour. Ordinary people going to the game to enjoy the football and create a good atmosphere do not attract the attention of the police during matches and certainly not after the game is long finished (ie a knock on the door at home). It's crazy, stupid, mindless stuff. I am not overly familiar with your posts, Dylan but you do not want to create an us vs them attitude with your friends against the rest of the support. We are all in this together.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dylan's mummy sent him to bed as tomorrow is an early start at Kindergarten.

Edited by Saintdunc

Youse are all grown men and all you do is give Dylan stick and make fun of him , yes granted he can bring it on himself SOMETIMES , but is he not there week in week out putting his money into the club? Same with the young team, think people on this need to move on and talk about other things in life than a group of lads that are just out to enjoy there selfs at the football and hope st Johnstone win!

From what I hear, Dylan is just a hanger-on who the rest of the young team tolerate rather than the popular dude he portrays himself to be.  Mouths off on here, first one to do a runner if any trouble rears it's head.  Bit of a Billy No-mates really.

I've said before that I think he takes a lot of the stick on here because he's daft enough to be the mouth-piece - even dafter than I thought from what I've been told. 

Dylan is the classic wind up merchant. Loves to be centre of attention, instigating trouble for others wherever possible, and then playing the 'it wasnae me, the bigger boys are bullying me, I want my mum' card as soon as the shit hits the fan.

His 'you hate me but you all talk about me' is all part of it. I have said before, he gets targeted because he's the only one of the young crew distinguishable on WAP with a real name. You can tally his WAP profile with his twatter account, and then with his unmissable face at the games. Puts him in the limelight and he feckin loves the attention it gets him.

From what I hear, Dylan is just a hanger-on who the rest of the young team tolerate rather than the popular dude he portrays himself to be.  Mouths off on here, first one to do a runner if any trouble rears it's head.  Bit of a Billy No-mates really.

I've said before that I think he takes a lot of the stick on here because he's daft enough to be the mouth-piece - even dafter than I thought from what I've been told. 

If this is true, then rather than the disdainful tone with which you meant it, it makes him a slightly more amiable chap than the rest of the scum. No comment on intelligence

From what I hear, Dylan is just a hanger-on who the rest of the young team tolerate rather than the popular dude he portrays himself to be. Mouths off on here, first one to do a runner if any trouble rears it's head. Bit of a Billy No-mates really.

Or you could look at he leaves when the nonsense starts because he doesn't want involved in the nonsense. Then someone is slagging him off because of that...

Back on topic for a minute,

I thought the stewards and police were ok. Dealt with what needed to be dealt with in a quiet, effective manner.

As for the young team,

When they started out, they created a much needed atmosphere. However, since then the group has grown in number, things have got a bit out of hand.

They were given a standing section,

They were allowed to bring a drum,

They were told pyro is not allowed. It is against the law. Accept that and move on.

As for the bother in the Plough,

By all means have a bevvy and a sing song in a pub. Don't start throwing food about. And have a bit of respect for others. If there are women and kids there, try to watch your language. It's not rocket science laddies.

I don't know why everyone seems to be getting there knickers in a twist about Saturday. The ones who set off the flares/smoke bombs/fireworks or whatever it was were taken away by the police. The ones that were left created a half decent atmosphere. If it hadn't been for them you wouldn't have known there was an away support there

andy rhodes fancy watch, on 08 Feb 2014 - 20:52, said:snapback.png

This shit happened 25 years ago and will happen 25 years from now . Old/sensible/do gooder types will moan like you all are now . It's the cycle of life , shit happens , boys will be boys .

When i was young at the football Saints fans fought with the police , spraypainted opposing teams plastic pitch , threw fireworks at opposing fans , put people through shop windows for ****s sake !

Only difference now is every man and his dog sees it on the internet and gets to put his/her view on forums like this.

If I was moderator of this site, I'd ban you for that post. What an awful input. Act your age.

it is funny how opinions differ, i thought it was a great post, honest and factual.

andy rhodes fancy watch, on 08 Feb 2014 - 20:52, said:snapback.png

it is funny how opinions differ, i thought it was a great post, honest and factual.

Of course it's an honest and factual post. Nobody is denying that. It isn't a fictional story about what used to happen. It's the truth.

I simply have a problem with him using it as a justification for the worrying behaviour from a very small group nowadays. I love the noise they make and appreciate that, but there is no justification for some of their other antics. It detracts from all the good that they do. They could easily be a real credit to the club.

Of course it's an honest and factual post. Nobody is denying that. It isn't a fictional story about what used to happen. It's the truth.

I simply have a problem with him using it as a justification for the worrying behaviour from a very small group nowadays. I love the noise they make and appreciate that, but there is no justification for some of their other antics. It detracts from all the good that they do. They could easily be a real credit to the club.

obviously i read it different from you, i don't see that the post justifies it, he is just telling everyone thats how it is, at every club in every town, and i think most of the guys that go every week are a credit to the club as far as i can see.

the bother happens at the popular matches, when all the young teams mates come along for a pish up and a day out, much the same as when when the rest of the saints fans that don't usually go turn up.

obviously i read it different from you, i don't see that the post justifies it, he is just telling everyone thats how it is, at every club in every town, and i think most of the guys that go every week are a credit to the club as far as i can see.

the bother happens at the popular matches, when all the young teams mates come along for a pish up and a day out, much the same as when when the rest of the saints fans that don't usually go turn up.

welcome back tae the forum wee john

Taking away two donuts in the pub & the occasional minority running onto the pitch etc if the worst they do is let smoke bombs off then do we really have THAT much to worry about? Okay a few chairs have been burst but at least it wasn't a firpark greenbrigade type episode. 

Firecracker was bit far hence why he was arrested. 

As long as people don't tar every young person who supports saints as "one of those". 

Edited by PerthSeany