Saints V Celtic 7/5/14

MacDonald was fine, sake. I'm a paid up member of his hate club but he was fine tonight. Cregg played well too.

Good performance that especially given the circumstances. I am now starting to believe O'Halloran is going the right way and will be a good player for us.

That Balde is absolutely hilarious. Believe they paid money for him.

Is Lumo our worst ever top flight signing?

I realise I am one of the 'glory hunters' speaking from afar, so maybe hanging myself out to dry. But....just feel compelled to say that opinions are fine, it's the timing I think is out.

One week away from final and lambasting a player who might well play a part in the biggest game of clubs history?! Post match rants, fair enough but could personal slandering not wait till end of season review?!

All in this together and at this moment in time EVERY player will be getting my full backing. Well, till 18th May anyway!

That was brilliant!! Superb first half, should have been 3-0 up at ht. second half they had their strongest team out, and bear in mind the past few weeks they've hit 6 v ict and 5 v aberdeen. In the stand second half we had Dave Mackay, Brian Easton, Stevie May, Steve Maclean, Murray Davidson. James dunne and Chris millar sitting on the bench.

The fight to stay in that game and come back to 3-3 against the champions was unbelievable. What a confidence booster. For everyone that didn't go.. Picture it, you're sitting there remembering why you hate going to games v the old firm as they're winning comfortably, both ends of the stadium they're all bouncing and singing their shite, Lennon is acting all smug, people around you who are really old firm fans are failing to suppress their delight... We've been there so many times.

And then we score 2 late goals, they stand in shocked silence, this isn't in the script!! The half full east stand bounces to espana cani and the beat of the drum.

Absolutely brilliant. A really enjoyable open game made all the sweeter by the comeback.

Finally, sometimes macdonald might have had poor games this season. But his first full game after a month out, against celtic, and he worked his socks off like the whole team. He made mistakes like every saints player tonight, but he also contributed like they all did. To single out a saints player for stick on the back of that result and performance is bizarre.

I left 10 minutes before the end. Ha! Only joking but some did, nae luck. Great celebrating the third. That manner of the come back was awesome. Actually the morale will be better from this 3.3 draw than if we had won.

Take one game at a time!

Edited by Dave H

Just home, great evening's entertainment. Not a failure tonight, MacDonald, Cregg and in particular Scott Brown marshalled the midfield superbly, Clancy and Miller were both top drawer, and O'Halloran was the best player on the park by a mile.

Mention for Wotherspoon who came on at RB and played ok defensively, but absolute class going forward.

TW says May is fine on the radio - just took him off 15 minutes earlier than planned as a precaution.

Tommy's celebration for the third goal was fantastic. Exactly what you want to see from your manager, complete passion!!

Was great to hear 'Fair Maid' being played. :) As a side-note, we'll be recording a live acoustic version of the track for The Courier website next week and you'll see/hear interviews with us on STV and Radio Tay on Monday.

A very entertaining game tonight! Tommy Wright got everything spot-on in terms of the line-up and choice of substitutions. It was great to see us playing a very direct style in the first half (although this meant that we left ourselves open at the back on occasion).

Croft gave absolutely everything. I sympathise with our manager when it comes to picking the cup final line-up, particularly when it comes to our options on the wing. We've traditionally struggled to find decent wingers in the recent past, but we now suddenly have an embarrassment of riches. O'Halloran, Croft, Wotherspoon, Hasselbaink.. It's a hugely difficult decision to make. They are all excellent players who provide something different but, at this stage, I'd probably opt for O'Halloran and Wotherspoon. The former was outstanding again today. He has pace to burn.

Wise decision to remove Stevie May after his knock, and I thought Nigel also acquitted himself very well. Great character from the lads to come back into the game. 1-3 would have been incredibly harsh after our dominant first-half display and, although I feel we maybe even merited more, you have to be happy with a 3-3 draw against Celtic. Well done to Clancy, Brown and O'Halloran on their first Premiership goals.

I thought that was probably Gary McDonald's best game this year (apart from the raith game that dr jones watched back 3 times) and I'm someone that hates him. Also lee croft was amazing tonight. o'halloran is so frustrating but he has a real talent

What a brilliant game of football that was. Really gives you hope seeing the depth of tbe squad. Scott Brown looks a terrific footballer. Only 19? Deserves more game time if you ask me - so composed.

Special mention must go to Nigel Hasslebaink. I'd love him to get a contract. Was involved in everything in the second half. His passing and link play was outstanding. Their centre backs hated it against him and Iwelumo - they bullied them.

Also thought paddy and o'halloran had good games and thought Macdonald worked hard until he gave the penalty away then his confidence went and he was shit again. I think Dunne, Paddy, Millar and now Brown could feel aggrieved to be behind him in the pecking order.

Celebrating that third was such a good feeling.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game. Hit the post in the first couple of minutes then dominated first half. Not sure about May and penalties, I would have let O'Halloran hit as he won it, also he scored a penalty at Wembley in the playoffs, shows he has the bottle. Unlucky not to go in leading by more. Lost our way at the start of the second half and feared the worst. What a come back? Special mention to the Saintee Choir and band the boys did good.  

Tommy Wright is going to have one hell of a difficult time picking his final team. In my opinion : Mannus, MacKay Anderson Wright Easton, Dunne Millar Spoony, May MacLean and O'halloran.  Back to the MacDonald debate, no he isn't the best midfielder at our club but he still plays for us. No matter how much the majority of you don't like him he will be in the cup final squad so get behind him and support him

What a game.  Proud to be Saintee tonight.  The boys could easily have been 3 up at half time with other chances before tic came back. 

We showed great character when 3-1 down.  Folk behind me said they'd had enough and left... (I never do and boy am I glad about that!)  Cracking atmosphere during the comeback and the end it felt more like a win!  Hope we can keep that positive energy for the final and get the scarf twirling and the chants going.  It makes such a difference!!

Not a failure in the team.  Midfield performance from Cregg and Brown was great.   Croft battled hard, good corners and worked some good moves down the wing. 

Hope Gary Miller is ok.  Saw ambulance arriving at stadium just before the end.  Not sure if it was for him.

Tommy please wrap the boys in cotton wool until the final...(but to get a win v Inverness on the way would be great).

No matter what happens in next two games ... from start to finish this has been a season I'll never forget.  :mrgreen::laugh:

COYS

Took the wee lass to her first game, bit young still (4) but still seemed to enjoy it, I was treated to frequent non prompted choruses of "come on the blue team" great by saints in first half but when May missed penalty I did have a horrible felling we're going to blow it, so was kinda expecting Celtic to come out and take hold of game but not drop 3 in fairly quick succession then worried we be hit for 5-6 like Celtic have done in previous weeks but what turn around, fought back and kept belief, moved forward with intent and looked dangerous, as much as Celtic would not have deserved the win, the draw felt like one for me

Took the wee lass to her first game, bit young still (4) but still seemed to enjoy it, I was treated to frequent non prompted choruses of "come on the blue team" great by saints in first half but when May missed penalty I did have a horrible felling we're going to blow it, so was kinda expecting Celtic to come out and take hold of game but not drop 3 in fairly quick succession then worried we be hit for 5-6 like Celtic have done in previous weeks but what turn around, fought back and kept belief, moved forward with intent and looked dangerous, as much as Celtic would not have deserved the win, the draw felt like one for me

Glad to hear of another young Saintee being inducted :)