Is Steve Brown Qualified / Should He Go

byebyedundee

Mods move this if this is not in the right place.

Just as an aside, I have just listened to Dean Hoyle, HTFC Chairman, give quite a frank interview on Radio Leeds regarding the players, departure of Robins, managerial and player targets without naming names, potential investors and sponsors and finance for more for over 20 minutes. He was fully supportive of Robins until Saturday and reluctantly came to the decision to mutually end the Manager's contract. He also said that they were competing at the right end of the table and could not, realistically, be expected to punch much further above their weight. That is not his first interview either and he had veiled criticism for the players displays on the pitch resulting in the departure of a manager he appointed.

The article Steve Brown gave in the PA is fine, as far as it goes, but targeting a wider audience would have been more effective and, before anyone tells me that Huddersfield is 7 times the size of Perth, I still feel the club could be more communicative at times.

That said, perhaps things are changing at McD.

so as long as stevie brown gave a 20 min radio interview it would be all right getting rid of tommy wright after the 1st game of the season?

Canny believe this shite is STILL being pedalled on here.

FFS get a life, you are only on this planet for a short time.

Have not read thru' all of the drivel, thank Christ.

OK, I think the Chairman needs to open the purse strings, but some of the posters need to suffer the bad times to come to their senses and realise our club is in a better position in all ways than the rest.

I will criticise the club like everyone else if I feel the need, but this is lunacy.

your post was making out that steve brown should follow the example of the Huddersfield chairman.

A guy who sacked his manager on the 1st day of the season after 1defeat

My post was not implying that at all. It was highlighting the fact that a chairman used local radio to tell fans what was going on at his/their club.

• 1 month later...

Cagey have you been drinking. The chairman is entitled to a life! He went on holiday to Las vegas so what. Its not like him being away cost us a goal etc.

As for the golf at Gleneagles he played golf with Roddy and another, so what.

Hear no evil see no evil again MS.

What did you think of the game today ?.

I thought we were woeful in the first half but still should have gone in 3-1 up if you look at the missed O'Hallaran chance the cu back and the goal chopped off. Second half I thought we did well after Croft came on and dominated. Crazy goal to give away to lose the match.

As for your hear no evil why should I slag off a man for having some time to himself. Your accusing him of freebies when you don't know that is what it is. Have you never heard of work life balance!!!

I thought we were woeful in the first half but still should have gone in 3-1 up if you look at the missed O'Hallaran chance the cu back and the goal chopped off. Second half I thought we did well after Croft came on and dominated. Crazy goal to give away to lose the match.

As for your hear no evil why should I slag off a man for having some time to himself. Your accusing him of freebies when you don't know that is what it is. Have you never heard of work life balance!!!

Good summing up of the game.

Re jollies. He has been away twice during critical times in our season & I think this may have contributed to Tommy not getting the players he wanted. Don`t have any inside info on who pays for all his jollies.

It only fair that I explain why I'm pissed off.

My dad and I have always been regular attenders, home and away since we moved here in 89.

Others in my family have been more sporadic and probably "cherry picked" the games they would come to.

Collectively we all loved the experiences of last season so much that we thought the right thing to do was to back the players and manager more than we ever had before as they had given us a lot of happiness.

So we purchased 3 extra season tickets. I truly believed we would be helping to strengthen the team. It seemed the right thing to do.

I am gutted at the way things have worked out since the cup win.

It seems to me the club is going the wrong way to attract/keep new fans despite stressing how important it was to get actually get new fans.

Feel free to rip the pish.

The thing is that we will lose money due to the cost cutting measures because of league positioning. I believe we could have been fourth if we had signed a couple of important players in the summer but as it stands I think we could be in danger of entering the playoffs.

I cant understand why everybody is deciding to question our Chairman who was instrumental in providing us the platform to acheive great success.

Who solely without any help from his father was the person who did hire Steve Lomas and built our memorable team,

Please if it wasnt for SB we would'nt have the Scottish Cup...

Please Please it's not his fault we should sack the manager who is terrible really..

Tommy Wright didnt want extra players he was more than confident that his team had a big enough squad even when Steve May openly didnt want to leave and was prepared to sign an extension TW said no extension were going to sell you... SB begged TW to keep Steve nevermind....

ByeByeDundee........I openly state that SB has done nothing wrong and we should all stop questioning his amazing experience and in Steve Brown I trust.....