James Mcfadden Anyone?

saintee4life

A few words from a Motherwell fan I have much respect for (no not Cossie's side-kick) - 

If anyone doubts my words about Faddy, look at our spectacular fall from grace this season compared to last. We lost Faddy, Anier and Hutchison during the summer. Anier- replaced by Ojaama. Hutchison- replaced by O'Brien. McFadden- irreplaceable.

I bet the west coast journo's are hacking this out right now:

James McFadden announces retirement from international football

Ex-Scotland ace McFadden has decided to hang up his international boots by signing for St Johnstone. The talismanic marksman, famed for his 60 yard screamer against the French said "I have been considering my international future for some time now and thought there is no better way to bring down the curtain on my international career than by signing for saints". McFadden has signed for the flukey Scottish cup winners until the end of the season.

• 1 month later...

That could be said about anyone though.

If they play well they could be a match winner. If they don't play well they won't be a match winner.

You think so? I could name numerous Saints' players over the years whose 'playing well' was still unlikely to have helped our cause much.

:)