Cup Final Money

glenrothes saintee

The clubs have no chance of getting anything from this. Only thing might be a change for future finals that are played away from Hampden.

The real question is who agreed the deal with Celtic...makes you wonder if some influence was applied by the likes of Lawwell to make sure that Celtic were one of the main beneficiaries from the show piece event.

Unfortunately one of the things that has come from the downfall of Rangers is that Celtic now have a great deal of influence within Scottish football and use it to their benefit over everyone else.  

The clubs have no chance of getting anything from this. Only thing might be a change for future finals that are played away from Hampden.

The real question is who agreed the deal with Celtic...makes you wonder if some influence was applied by the likes of Lawwell to make sure that Celtic were one of the main beneficiaries from the show piece event.

Unfortunately one of the things that has come from the downfall of Rangers is that Celtic now have a great deal of influence within Scottish football and use it to their benefit over everyone else.  

Nothing new there then

Big questions remain over this. Celtic trouser £270k as hosts......Utd and Saints £500k....I will assume the winners were awarded a slightly higher share of the pot in prize money, and this is about the ticket allocation and revenues from the day.

Did the SFA receive any compensation/rental from the Scottish Government or procurement agent relating to the Commonwealth Games? If so why was some of that cash not placed into the pot to ensure the teams who made it to the showcase event of the season are not denied vital and deserved revenue?

Did Celtic receive any cash for hosting the CG...if so why was that cash not be factored into the Cup final arrangements?

How much did Sevco get for hosting both semis... From which I understand crowd receipts are pooled for the 4 clubs involved?

Oh yeah I keep forgetting we should sit nice, like good little diddies and pay homage (and cash) for the privilege of being from the same country as the biggest most fantasticist clubs the world has ever seen......pathetic corrupt wee country!

Edited by Smarmy Arab

smarmy the trophy presented to Dave at the final whistle was the original, they switch it after the lap of honour, and it is then restored in its place in the museum.

As for Celtics £270k I find it strange that they seemed to have agreed a percentage of the ticket sales. I also heard that they got the hospitality as well so they would have sold a few pounds of that.

Not sure why the hire of Celtic park was not picked up by the SFA from the money they got from the Commonwealth games.

smarmy the trophy presented to Dave at the final whistle was the original, they switch it after the lap of honour, and it is then restored in its place in the museum.

As for Celtics £270k I find it strange that they seemed to have agreed a percentage of the ticket sales. I also heard that they got the hospitality as well so they would have sold a few pounds of that.

Not sure why the hire of Celtic park was not picked up by the SFA from the money they got from the Commonwealth games.

Perhaps you're right MS, but over the years I have seen such luminaries as John Brown, Kris Boyd, Barry Ferguson, Peter Grant, Roy Aitken and more balance the trophy on their heads and throw it back and forth, up and down etc. I doubt the priceless old relic and the oldest challenge trophy in the world would be handed to emotional adrenalin fuelled football players to aid their celebrations when a £50 replica would serve the same function. Still hardly the point of this thread.

Do Saints and Dundee Utd not realise that both Celtic and Rangers are Scottish Football!....both have too much influence and the only slight chance we have to rid ourselves of this, is for all other clubs to standup to them! Unfortunately our own chairman and many others cannot wait until the status quo is maintained on the return of the Ibrox team to our top league. In some small way we get what we deserve as no-one has attempted to change their idea that Scottish Football would not survive without them, when it would actually thrive. I'm sure if the figures quoted had been known prior to the final and Rangers had made it there.....then no way Celtic would have pocketed £270k! 

The only problem with that Denzil is the actual Scottish Cup never leaves the vault.....we only ever see a replica. The real cup is priceless. And would never be allowed to sit in the boot of Roddy's motor for six months ;)

Are you saying we actually won a "diddy" cup and that its not the real thing ?

Most folk prob know this but William hill commission a trophy for each winner to keep permanently, engraved with both the starting teams/subs, managers and scorers, my dad works for the jeweller that's makes them, was due to be presented at the scottish cup draw where MacKay was there, I missed it so unsure if was on or not, I ken it's no the same as it's not the iconic trophy, but nice touch I think

If the final was at Hampden would Saints and United be taking a hit such as this? Surely the SFA were adequately compensated for Hampden being used for the Commonwealth Games; why did that go towards any cost of hiring Celtic Park? Why are two clubs being punished for having the audacity to reach a cup final when Hampden was not available?

It obviously wasn't enough giving Celtic the opportunity to play the Cup Final in their own stadium, they needed to be financially rewarded as well. The whole thing stinks. No surprise that it's not really been picked up on by the media though as it affects neither of the only two clubs they care about.

If the final was at Hampden would Saints and United be taking a hit such as this? Surely the SFA were adequately compensated for Hampden being used for the Commonwealth Games; why did that go towards any cost of hiring Celtic Park? Why are two clubs being punished for having the audacity to reach a cup final when Hampden was not available?

It obviously wasn't enough giving Celtic the opportunity to play the Cup Final in their own stadium, they needed to be financially rewarded as well. The whole thing stinks. No surprise that it's not really been picked up on by the media though as it affects neither of the only two clubs they care about.

One of the posters on TSFM is currently pursuing the SFA over Rangers acquisition of Walter Smith in 2008. Apparently there is no trace in the SFA published accounts of the £400k compensation agreed between the parties. The SFA have given assurances that the money was paid, but as yet have failed to produce any documentary evidence. Call me a cynic.......but everyone knew in 2008 that Rangers were in the grubber and Lloyd's would soon arrive to demand SDM get rid of this entity that was dripping money into MIM near Billion £ debt mountain.......a debt mountain that the tax payer had to bail out in 2009. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that Gordon Smith, the CE, and Campbell Ogilvie the President, simply forgot to sent the invoice? An honest mistake I'm sure, just as well they can charge 60 sobs a pop to watch a friendly v England to top up the coffers ! Where are the press?

Lets say hypothetically Saints as a club were fined £100,000 for a misdemeanour but instead sent £33,000 instead and cited various expenses such as legal advice,transport,accommodation etc.

Do you think for one minute the chaps in Glasgow would shrug their shoulders and accept it with a quick "thats what it is" ?

No I dont either.They have to realise they are there for ALL the clubs benefit not just themselves and the chosen two !