Saints Vs Arabs

David123

I would like to be entertained by trying to win than trying not lose. Too many times I have watched us bore teams off the park and lose. Ross County being the latest 8 hour round trip to watch us trying not to lose, they score in last 10 mins and its too late to get anything out of the game. Yes a win is a win but to lose being negative is hard to get my head around. As some stated if we tried to attack in games would we have scored more goals and won more points. We will never know. I am happy with a top 6 finish but frustrated in the manner we achieved it.

The number of season tickets received a significant boost last summer on the back of our unforgettable Scottish Cup success and if you were one of our ‘new recruits’ for the season then I hope you feel that you have been ENTERTAINED and received value for money during the course of what has been another very good campaign for the club.

Entertained!!! Has Steve brown actually watched us this season?

The piss taking of Dundee United at Tannadice was one of the most enjoyable league games I can remember seeing, tbh

I've missed 1 home game and and been to about 6 or 7 away games and the only times I've left a match feeling entertained was the 2nd half of 1-1 draw at dens and the game in luzern. Even when we win this season it's been god awful

Whine .! Whinge.! I cant believe that we have a derby on saturday that could maybe put us firmly on the road tae European football AGAIN.! maybe I am too easily pleased...I still have fond memories of a Montrose v Saints New Year Derby.! WTF ....?

Stop being happy, it"s not allowed on here ;-)

I've missed 1 home game and and been to about 6 or 7 away games and the only times I've left a match feeling entertained was the 2nd half of 1-1 draw at dens and the game in luzern. Even when we win this season it's been god awful

Both Celtic home games were really entertaining despite the results.

The piss taking of Dundee United at Tannadice was one of the most enjoyable league games I can remember seeing, tbh

That was a really enjoyable day for me. Away winn over Dundee was good as well.

Edited by Cagerf

Whine .! Whinge.! I cant believe that we have a derby on saturday that could maybe put us firmly on the road tae European football AGAIN.! maybe I am too easily pleased...I still have fond memories of a Montrose v Saints New Year Derby.! WTF ....?

What year was the Montrose game?Been to Forfar and Arbroath at new year,but cannae mind Montrose

I think you're right, Dave. There was a Christmas away game at Montrose in (I think) 1977, which Saints won. The Perthshire Advertiser (remember that?) memorably reported,  "Champagne corks were popping as the small but vociferous group of Saints fans celebrated in style."

For our younger readers:

(i) in those days, alcohol was allowed on the terraces.

(ii) "terraces" were banked steps on which spectators stood to watch football. How quaint!

(iii) calling it "champagne" was journalistic licence - it was actually Pomagne.

(iv) "Pomagne" was/is a branded drink of sparkling cider, packaged to look like champagne, but with about half the alcoholic content and a sixth of the price.

(v) there were about 35-40 Saints supporters at that match. That's how far we've come since.

Edited by Percy Johnston

Still baffled why people think MOH is better playing as a striker! He's strengths are running at defenders from deep! I like him but his finishing at times is a abysmal! Really needs to work on his shooting and get some composure, he lashes at everything?

Fair play to the club, they have absolutely hammered the social media for this game, there's been at least 4 or 5 videos, not to mention the £5 for under 18's and the two adults for £20 I'd accompanied with a season ticket holder! Should be looking to hit towards 4000 home fans today, 2000+ United somshould be a decent crowd!

We'll finish the season 5th in the attendence league not bad at all!

Still baffled why people think MOH is better playing as a striker! He's strengths are running at defenders from deep! I like him but his finishing at times is a abysmal! Really needs to work on his shooting and get some composure, he lashes at everything?

Fair play to the club, they have absolutely hammered the social media for this game, there's been at least 4 or 5 videos, not to mention the £5 for under 18's and the two adults for £20 I'd accompanied with a season ticket holder! Should be looking to hit towards 4000 home fans today, 2000+ United somshould be a decent crowd!

We'll finish the season 5th in the attendence league not bad at all!

I'd just as soon have MOH up front firing blanks, than MacLean, who has obviously forgotten what a shot at goal is.

MOH will get you out of your seat, while Mac puts you to sleep.

I'd just as soon have MOH up front firing blanks, than MacLean, who has obviously forgotten what a shot at goal is.

MOH will get you out of your seat, while Mac puts you to sleep.

Do you sit in row Zzzzz, as MOH's shots are reported to be landing there.

Mac is admittedly massively out of form but I wouldn't say he puts you to sleep.
He's basically the only player we have where when the ball breaks to you you hope to see talent rather than blind strenght/pace marginally better than park football

Still wouldn't mind having him dropped though.