Morton v Saints. LC QF Tue 27th OCT

The ghost of Jim Morton

Slightly off topic, but if the thumb was booked last night for celebrating his goal in front of the Hearts fans, and then 5 minutes later set up the winning goal and ran into the Celtic fans behind the goal, why did he not get a second yellow?  There is no consistency in refereeing, given the number of feeble yellow cards players have received fro taking shirts off, running to fans etc!!

Slightly off topic, but if the thumb was booked last night for celebrating his goal in front of the Hearts fans, and then 5 minutes later set up the winning goal and ran into the Celtic fans behind the goal, why did he not get a second yellow?  There is no consistency in refereeing, given the number of feeble yellow cards players have received fro taking shirts off, running to fans etc!!

probably looked at him running into the Hearts end as being akin to starting a riot.
especially with him being a hibee.

Completely off topic but I'm not sure what the protocol is here; why don't we have a Saturday game thread for our game against Hamilton and who starts these?

I really think these next game threads should be posted early - it's Friday tomorrow and no one has an opinion on what is a particularly tough game for us?

Completely off topic but I'm not sure what the protocol is here; why don't we have a Saturday game thread for our game against Hamilton and who starts these?

I really think these next game threads should be posted early - it's Friday tomorrow and no one has an opinion on what is a particularly tough game for us?

Ghostie usually starts them. But you could if you want.

steve mclean is saying winning the league cup would be better than when we won the scottish cup, personally i cant see how as that day was amazing and words cant express how much it meant If we won the league cup it would be great but just another trophy for our collection ;-)

for us fans nothing will ever beat that day, but I like to hear the players saying this sort of thing. They have to - the next test is always more important than what's gone before. Otherwise, they start resting on past glories. I love the idea that Macca is so focused on us winning more things.

steve mclean is saying winning the league cup would be better than when we won the scottish cup, personally i cant see how as that day was amazing and words cant express how much it meant If we won the league cup it would be great but just another trophy for our collection ;-)

Winning two cups in the space of a couple of years when you've never won a major before would be extremely significant for the group of players who managed the feat. Agree it wont come close for the fans so quickly after the Scottish cup win - we certainly wouldn't get the 15,000 + we got that at the game - but it would be quite incredible all the same. We've certainly given ourselves a decent chance of at least making another final.

Winning two cups in the space of a couple of years when you've never won a major before would be extremely significant for the group of players who managed the feat. Agree it wont come close for the fans so quickly after the Scottish cup win - we certainly wouldn't get the 15,000 + we got that at the game - but it would be quite incredible all the same. We've certainly given ourselves a decent chance of at least making another final.

If we reach the final and manage to win it I don't care if we have 500 or 5000 there. 

I agree that to win two cups in a couple of years would be the most incredible achievement for St. Johnstone. The feeling itself may not be like that from May 17th 2014 but would still be amazing and would put guys like Macca, Ando and Cuptie as the very best of our legends not to mention Tommy Wright who should be given the Keys to the City if this was to happen.

Sorry to hear that sandy gardiner passed away after following saints at capielow on Tuesday night 

sandy collapsed at rugby park a year ago and was resuscitated then by Killie fan kevin Scoular it has come as a shock to us all at Kilmarnock that this has happened. 

Our deepest condolences to sandys family from all at rugby park 

Edited by Buggsy
grammar

I know we've all tried to block it out, but we also played aberdeen in a league cup semi at Tynecastle 2 seasons ago.  That same season Hearts played Caley at Easter Road.

so no, league cup semi-final venues generally have been picked sensibly to reflect the support of both teams.

My friend gave me tickets to something for Christmas that year which coincided with that match. I remember being absoluted gutted but made the decision to miss the game and have never seen the highlights. Probably explains why it totally skipped my mind there! Lucky me!